ADVERTISEMENT

NEW LOGO

Does anyone else think they suck? Don't even look like a wildcat !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda looks like New Hampshire a little also??

th

I like it too. Does feel like it is missing a little detail, but at least it is modern and aggressive. The old Wildcat logos are simply outdated, and kinda boring, kinda generic.

You're way off base with that Matt Jones comment. If anything he's spending too much time reading this board for material. More likely it made it to twitter after @WACB posted it here. Not sure if she made it, but she posted it here within 30 minutes of the unveil and Jones definitely never mentioned it on his show before that.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...tomorrow-shoes-too.160643/page-3#post-3592853

UK_Logo_zpsv8ao8779.png~original

Yes, I think I was the first to notice the two birds, and I made this image you included here. But it's not proprietary information. Matt Jones can use it all he wants. I had a big smile and showed my wife when I saw it on the KSR website. Which leads me to my next point... why did you think I'm a girl?

Reactions: Jkwo
kansas-state-wildcats.png

newkentuckylogo.jpg

Vastly different. Of course there are similarities, their both wildcats, but I believe the designers did good job of making them different enough.

Well, I don't like it, but, it is a whole lot better than K-State's. I absolutely hate theirs.

I don't mind change and nothing against anyone that likes it but the new wildcat logo is hideous. With new logo designs and a long history you cannot simply do a 360 on a new design and expect the masses to like it. There is nothing about that wildcat that says KY IMO.

This is what happens when you turn your sport over to corporations. Now, every stadium/arena is named after corporations and logos become whatever tests the best by shoe company focus groups.

Yes, I think I was the first to notice the two birds, and I made this image you included here. But it's not proprietary information. Matt Jones can use it all he wants. I had a big smile and showed my wife when I saw it on the KSR website. Which leads me to my next point... why did you think I'm a girl?

Everyone knows there aren't any girls on the internet

I like it alots..............let's get fired up for the spring game and next season..................fill the stadium.............our young men LOVE' the uni's and LOGO......:boxing::boxing::boxing:

The more I see it, the more I like it. It is normal to resist change but it is inevitable. Change or be left behind. Many NFL teams have updated their logos over the years and nearly everyone of them met a similar resistance. However, if you go back and look at and old Patriots or Broncos helmet today, they look so old they look funny. This logo will grow and will more than likely become the primary logo in a couple of years. 20 years from now they will replace it with an even newer one and most of you will hate to lose it.

Reactions: LetsHang#9
The more I see it, the more I like it. It is normal to resist change but it is inevitable. Change or be left behind. Many NFL teams have updated their logos over the years and nearly everyone of them met a similar resistance. However, if you go back and look at and old Patriots or Broncos helmet today, they look so old they look funny. This logo will grow and will more than likely become the primary logo in a couple of years. 20 years from now they will replace it with an even newer one and most of you will hate to lose it.

Meh. I know it's tempting to lump all the naysayers into the same, cranky getoffmylawn kind of crowd, but that would be lazy. Just like the design of this logo.

We are THE Wildcats. We deserve a logo that is uniquely ours, not something that has the same generic lines as every other Cat team out there.

Does anyone else kind of think the fact that the logo simultaneously looks like a cat and two birds f$@king may make it a instant classic? I'm kind of loving it. I think young kids will love it exactly for that reason. I can even see people wearing hats and tees with that logo who aren't even UK fans.

In all in on the secondary logo. I think it's cool and funny as Hell.

ADVERTISEMENT