ADVERTISEMENT

New Coach Suggestion

Comebakatz3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2008
I am going a little off he radar here with Faulkner University's Patrick McCarthy. He is 191-60 in his 5 years at Faulkner and won the NAIA National Championship last year. He's taken Faulkner to the tournament 4 out of his 5 years and made the NAIA CWS twice in those 5 years. This year they went 50-16 and lost in the NAIA CWS.

This year he has had 2 pitchers drafted in the 10th round. In 2012 he had a pitcher taken 157th, and 155 in 2009. He's had someone drafted the past 3 years. Before he came, I believe Faulkner had never had a player selected in the draft. Now, McCarthy is putting kids in the top 10 rounds of the draft. Very impressive.

This guy doesn't have much experience with big time baseball, but he is young and could be an amazing up and coming coach.

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
I am going a little off he radar here with Faulkner University's Patrick McCarthy. He is 191-60 in his 5 years at Faulkner and won the NAIA National Championship last year. He's taken Faulkner to the tournament 4 out of his 5 years and made the NAIA CWS twice in those 5 years. This year they went 50-16 and lost in the NAIA CWS.

This year he has had 2 pitchers drafted in the 10th round. In 2012 he had a pitcher taken 157th, and 155 in 2009. He's had someone drafted the past 3 years. Before he came, I believe Faulkner had never had a player selected in the draft. Now, McCarthy is putting kids in the top 10 rounds of the draft. Very impressive.

This guy doesn't have much experience with big time baseball, but he is young and could be an amazing up and coming coach.
That is an interesting canidate, I know the Kennesaw State coach followed a somewhat similar course with that entire program, NAIA Nat'l Championship in 94' and Div.2 Nat'l title in 96', then a few years later, moved up to Div. 1, and are now playing in a Super Regional.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT