ADVERTISEMENT

Need someone who is "climbing the coach's mountain"

dl51344

Junior
Dec 13, 2021
Most of the big name coaches whose names have been tossed around for Ky makes me wonder if that is who Ky really needs. Put it this way, we need someone who is "climbing the mountain", not someone who has reached its peak, celebrated getting there and now on his way down,JMO. What do you think?

Maybe. Whoever it is, I just want them to end the droughts that Cal has created. Not just the NCAA championship drought. But the Final Four and SEC regular season and SECT droughts.

Whoever the new coach is, he will inherit an impatient fanbase.

Reactions: Fox2monk
For me it’s all about Oats. But if we have to get to a second tier of candidates TJ Otzelberger is a name I’m warming up to.

Maybe. Whoever it is, I just want them to end the droughts that Cal has created. Not just the NCAA championship drought. But the Final Four and SEC regular season and SECT droughts.

Whoever the new coach is, he will inherit an impatient fanbase.
But also a hungry fan base that had fallen into apathy, rejuvenated.

Another guy who had a team that faltered down the stretch but seems like he has what it takes to be a top notch coach is Lamont Pharis.

I think Todd Golden could end up being what Billy D was when we hired Tubby. Too young/new to get the job, but could pass them all up in 3-5 years

Be careful what you wish for, BCG was climbing the “coach’s mountain” when we hired him. Then he headed for the mountains…of Busch beer! LOL!

(I wonder if anyone gets my beer commercial reference. If you do, then you are officially old. LOL!)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT