ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Basketball Corruption Trial Week 2

Lot of "don't recall" answers from papa Bowen. Pretty good rule of thumb is that when people under oath say "don't recall" a lot, that means they are lying. People hardly ever say don't recall when they know something is one way or the other.

Lot of "don't recall" answers from papa Bowen. Pretty good rule of thumb is that when people under oath say "don't recall" a lot, that means they are lying. People hardly ever say don't recall when they know something is one way or the other.

During my workman's comp case hearing my lawyer told me that if I wasnt 100% clear on something then to say I dont remember as the answer because if you stumble some, then your whole case will be looked at like you're a liar and making up stuff. I assume thats what they coached Bowen to say also for similar reasons.

U6 should

1) be barred from NCAA tournament play for four years

2) have scholarships reduced to eight during this time

UL post season ban for at least 10 years lol but seriously NCAA needs to bring down that hammer on UL. Dumbasses doing that while already on probation.

Bird brains better start lawyering up cause the law man is a comin'.....Petrino is a happy man today.
th

Most of the time, but sometimes it's a reflection of the format. People have faulty memories, and we're conditioned to try to tell what we think we remember, which often (unknowingly) involves some speculation. A properly trained witness will consciously avoid speculation and will answer "I don't recall" where they have any hesitation about their recollection. Basically, they are trained to avoid the traps (like loaded questions) that attorneys lay. A properly trained witness will also be coached not to lie (my general rules are 1) tell the truth, 2) tell the truth, 3) it's okay to say "I don't know" if you don't know), but here we are.

I do feel bad for the students whose had to pay more money to go to school there, while the university was being defrauded. I feel bad for the teachers that didn’t get raises they earned. And I feel bad for the tax payers that have to pay off the debt on the Yum center!

Has Dickie V's bombshell exploded yet? I thought there was YUGE News a comin.

But, but, Rick said it was only ONE rogue assistant that did anything..........McGee

Oh well, if you can't trust Rick, who can you trust.....

Reactions: kl40504
That's old news, isn't it?

Not this news.... up until now all they had was that he was paid money by adidas on behalf of UL and it was before he committed to them and thus before they were on probation (they were officially put on probation after Bowen committed to UL) yeah they were supposed to get more money but that never happened as the news came to light before hand.

This is news that a UL coach directly handed Bowen cash and it was after the NCAA had officially placed them on probation meaning UL cant squeak out of this one.... where as before they were hoping for the loop hole that they werent technically on probation when all of it went down.... now it absolutely did happen both before and after probation was set.

The ncaa dishes out harsher than normal penalties for teams breaking rules while on probation.... thats why its big news. I mean yeah they were gonna get in trouble either way but now the ncaa has the death penalty as an option.

UL's response will be, well, it was only $1300. Just like the hookers were not high priced.

since this broke and UL fired Jurich, Pitino and both assistants, so many of their fans think because those people were fired that they are somehow clear of punishment
man, talk about a bunch of ignorant fans

By Bowen Sr. claiming he doesn't recall many details, Oregon has thus far escaped significant allegations of NCAA violations. However, Bowen's prior statements to the FBI, which he isn't disputing, just saying he doesn't recall, are, while not public, potentially there for NCAA.

NC State compliance director was asked if she had any knowledge of a $40,000 payment to Dennis Smith Jr.’s father, facilitated by an NC State assistant coach and an Adidas consultant. She responded: “I have no knowledge.” Dan Wetzel

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
I thought it had already been well established that the FBI had a Louisville coach (maybe two) on a wire tap saying they had to be extra careful since they were already on probation. This indicates to me that the payments were after they were on probation. So I'm not sure what the big news is today. Maybe it's a bit more concrete now that we've heard it straight from Bowen Sr, but to me it doesn't appear to be anything we didn't already know. I guess the $1300 payment is news, but it pales next to the already known payment of $100,000 that was after the Cards were on probation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cindog28
actually not...if your are honest and don't recall; that is what you say. You don't say, "I am not really sure, people were giving me money from everywhere"
If you are lying, you may get tripped up on other questions...and this guy already has immunity; and would be crazy stupid to commit perjury now.

now, if one is talking to their buddies; about that thing he brought home from the bar..."don't recall", probably means that guy is lying...

UL's response will be, well, it was only $1300. Just like the hookers were not high priced.
Heck if Rat Face refuse to talk about 80k of jewelry one of his collage players bought just do like he did refuse to talk about a measly 1300 bucks . The 80k jewelry was hardly ever mentioned after Dook refused to comment!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT