ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA appeals committee upholds ruling that Notre Dame must vacate all wins....

UL sphincters just tightened a bit.
Meanwhile, the sphincters of UNC...

140719-siberia-hole-mn-1300_c2df14d662fc058dc28d8d170d9c11e6.jpg

When are schools going to start flat out denying the NCAA and not recognizing them as a legitimate governing body capable of fairly ruling or handing out discipline.

If I were a ND coach or AD I would release a state that goes something like the following.

"F**k the NCAA under the bus, I/we are not going vacate shit so long as UNC, UL, etc are still competing. This athletic department and institution as a whole no longer recognizes the NCAA as a legitimate authoritative body."

What's going to happen to them? Are major networks not going to cover ND basketball, or football?

NCAA has no legs to stand on anymore. They haven't missed an opportunity to butt fumble a situation and/or contradict themselves.

When are schools going to start flat out denying the NCAA and not recognizing them as a legitimate governing body capable of fairly ruling or handing out discipline.

If I were a ND coach or AD I would release a state that goes something like the following.

"F**k the NCAA under the bus, I/we are not going vacate shit so long as UNC, UL, etc are still competing. This athletic department and institution as a whole no longer recognizes the NCAA as a legitimate authoritative body."

What's going to happen to them? Are major networks not going to cover ND basketball, or football?

NCAA has no legs to stand on anymore. They haven't missed an opportunity to butt fumble a situation and/or contradict themselves.
As much as I dislike U6 ...if I were them I'd do the same.

Who ya gonna play? NCAA tells other member schools not to play ya, what’s your plan then?

Reactions: anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
In the NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions’ decision, the panel found a former Notre Dame athletic training student violated NCAA ethical conduct rules when she committed academic misconduct for two football student-athletes and provided six other football student-athletes with impermissible academic extra benefits. The panel prescribed the vacation of records, along with a probation period and a show-cause order for the former athletic training student.

The university also argued that the penalty is excessive since there was no university involvement or knowledge of the academic conduct. The appeals committee confirmed that at the time of the violations, the athletic training student was considered a university employee under NCAA rules.

Absolutely outrageous ruling. Notre Dame gets hammered because an athletic training student commits academic misconduct with a total of 8 football players over 2 years, without any involvement from the school. UNC cheaters run a sham Major, for hundreds of athletes and other students, over decades, directed by a department head. And they get nothing. Nothing!

ND should sue!

lol. Guys, Louisville doesn't have a case. It's worse than UNC, and waaaay worse than this. I mean, how much longer are some of you going to say "If i were louisville I wouldnt", wouldnt what? They are neck deep in shit all the way from program sanctioned prostitution to athletes and minors, as well as an FBI scandal and the worst corruption inside of an athletic department, maybe ever.

There is no comparison to UNC.

As much as I dislike U6 ...if I were them I'd do the same.
U6 (for the very reason we call them U6) does not have the option of giving the NCAA the middle finger. They went back to back with terribly messy NCAA cheating scandals. If UofL is in any way reluctant to accept their punishment after the appeal process, then their basketball program will get the death penalty when the COI takes up their pay-for-play violations.

Last edited:
lol. Guys, Louisville doesn't have a case. It's worse than UNC, and waaaay worse than this. I mean, how much longer are some of you going to say "If i were louisville I wouldnt", wouldnt what? They are neck deep in shit all the way from program sanctioned prostitution to athletes and minors, as well as an FBI scandal and the worst corruption inside of an athletic department, maybe ever.

I beg to differ . UNC is the biggest most long lasting scandal in the history of sports. It could not have happened without the cooperation of admistrators, coaches and instructors , and a corrupt NCAA.
Over 1500 athletes over a eigthteen year period. The NCAA simply “fixed “ it based upon a nonsensical legal argument . Even former NC Governor Martin who came up with the argument said it didn’t make sense and he was embarrassed in retrospect to have made it . It proved the NCAA is corrupt.

UL on the other hand involved very serious matters in A number of instances over a couple of years . I guess we agree the two are not even close in comparison but differ on which is by far the more serious.
I say UNC because of the number of athletes involved , the length of the scandal and the corrupt NCAA ruling

BTW I have read everything there is to read on the UNC scandal and have practiced law for over forty years including complex litigation . UNC scandal is historic.

I beg to differ . UNC is the biggest most long lasting scandal in the history of sports. It could not have happened without the cooperation of admistrators, coaches and instructors , and a corrupt NCAA.
Over 1500 athletes over a eigthteen year period. The NCAA simply “fixed “ it based upon a nonsensical legal argument . Even former NC Governor Martin who came up with the argument said it didn’t make sense and he was embarrassed in retrospect to have made it . It proved the NCAA is corrupt.

UL on the other hand involved very serious matters in A number of instances over a couple of years . I guess we agree the two are not even close in comparison but differ on which is by far the more serious.
I say UNC because of the number of athletes involved , the length of the scandal and the corrupt NCAA ruling

BTW I have read everything there is to read on the UNC scandal and have practiced law for over forty years including complex litigation . UNC scandal is historic.

I disagree.

Who ya gonna play? NCAA tells other member schools not to play ya, what’s your plan then?

There is a severe misunderstanding of who begot who in the NCAA and individual institutions relationship. The NCAA did not birth ND, UNC, UK, UL, USC, Penn St...and on down the list. I'm not exactly sure of the history of the NCAA, but I have a rough idea that institutions at some point got together to form some sort of governing body that can regulate stuff.

Also, NCAA isn't going to do that, especially to one of their bell cows like ND. Not in today's modern age when big sponsors and media dictate the terms. You think ESPN is going to let NCAA bench one of it's precious ACC basketball schools? Or NBC will sit silent while Mark Emmert takes ND football away?...absolutely not...the day the NCAA takes money/ratings from the big boys will be its last day of existence...all of a sudden there will stories about wide spread corruption, sexual harassment, exploitation of black athletes, kid diddling...they will get hit with everything...

Why do you think UNC is still playing with out a lot of fuss? NCAA sniffed around, somebody in a suit came in and said "enough, nothing to see here...ya'll like making billions of dollars a year UNC/ACC is an important cog in that wheel, move along and bust Ozark Technical School..."

It's why you don't see death penalties any more. That takes revenue off the table. Sure, you'll see vacated wins, suspensions from the post season for a year or two max...but that's it...Miami football got popped, but they still got those 12 games in a year and everyone got their cut...same for USC, Penn St, etc...NCAA is allowed to slap wrists, but they are not allowed to take away opportunities for regular season revenue...

There is a severe misunderstanding of who begot who in the NCAA and individual institutions relationship. The NCAA did not birth ND, UNC, UK, UL, USC, Penn St...and on down the list. I'm not exactly sure of the history of the NCAA, but I have a rough idea that institutions at some point got together to form some sort of governing body that can regulate stuff.

Also, NCAA isn't going to do that, especially to one of their bell cows like ND. Not in today's modern age when big sponsors and media dictate the terms. You think ESPN is going to let NCAA bench one of it's precious ACC basketball schools? Or NBC will sit silent while Mark Emmert takes ND football away?...absolutely not...the day the NCAA takes money/ratings from the big boys will be its last day of existence...all of a sudden there will stories about wide spread corruption, sexual harassment, exploitation of black athletes, kid diddling...they will get hit with everything...

Why do you think UNC is still playing with out a lot of fuss? NCAA sniffed around, somebody in a suit came in and said "enough, nothing to see here...ya'll like making billions of dollars a year UNC/ACC is an important cog in that wheel, move along and bust Ozark Technical School..."

It's why you don't see death penalties any more. That takes revenue off the table. Sure, you'll see vacated wins, suspensions from the post season for a year or two max...but that's it...Miami football got popped, but they still got those 12 games in a year and everyone got their cut...same for USC, Penn St, etc...NCAA is allowed to slap wrists, but they are not allowed to take away opportunities for regular season revenue...
All of that sounds reasonable - man's love of profit, yes. I don't typically have a problem with that being the driving force, ever. But even within your analysis of the here and now, sound as it seems, is lost one other driving character of man. That being his desire to put the root screwing where he wants to put it when he wants to. That said, in spite of your high wisdom, ground-level thinkers like me (and there are plenty) have little doubt those jag-offs would take another year of televised broadcasts away from us for much less (a single year's worth of UNC's fraud, without the free cars and the guns and the dope in the coach's home or even the mouthpiece deal that seems like a scarce footnote at this point), and they would even go out of their way to make sure the feds investigated us for fraud on account of any regular students who benefitted by virtue of Pell Grant monies. In the end, by doing almost anything they would probably be forced to go all the way. All the SMU way. I totally believe that. We have seen too much. How many instances of a full-blown NCAA rapid deployment force to Turkey and New England (Kanter, Noel) does it take before those distinctions result in Crystal Clear definitions? and that's not even an average example.

Exactly. The tards aren’t going to do anything but bend over and spread their cheeks. They still have the $100,000 payment violations to deal with.

All of that sounds reasonable - man's love of profit, yes. I don't typically have a problem with that being the driving force, ever. But even within your analysis of the here and now, sound as it seems, is lost one other driving character of man. That being his desire to put the root screwing where he wants to put it when he wants to. That said, in spite of your high wisdom, ground-level thinkers like me (and there are plenty) have little doubt those jag-offs would take another year of televised broadcasts away from us for much less (a single year's worth of UNC's fraud, without the free cars and the guns and the dope in the coach's home or even the mouthpiece deal that seems like a scarce footnote at this point), and they would even go out of their way to make sure the feds investigated us for fraud on account of any regular students who benefitted by virtue of Pell Grant monies. In the end, by doing almost anything they would probably be forced to go all the way. All the SMU way. I totally believe that. We have seen too much. How many instances of a full-blown NCAA rapid deployment force to Turkey and New England (Kanter, Noel) does it take before those distinctions result in Crystal Clear definitions? and that's not even an average example.

No one said the NCAA and "Man" doesn't like a little blood every now and then. Human nature and all. Nor, that the greater powers to be won't allow an indulgence once in a while for appearances sake. However, even then it will not be a death blow. See Penn St, Baylor/Briles, Ole Miss, UL, UK (basketball and football), Miami, USC...everyone has been popped, but nobody has been shut down because that would affect dollars...Worst case for MSU is some head rolling, suspensions, loss of scholarships but they'll play a full schedule next year, be on TV, and make money for themselves and others...

I'm saying there are a few untouchables...

The UNC mother ship with it's roots far reaching is one of these untouchables, for many reasons. Dean is one of a few patron saints of basketball. MJ may be the only athlete to ever move markets and Nike is a fortune 500 company because of it. All of the tarheel ties to media and sports journalism, and on and on...

UCLA, much like UNC, has been put on such a pedestal for so long. Wooden and his "Pyramid for success". All the iconic players and their influence on and off the court...you can't implicate them in anything because that would implicate Wooden, Alcindor the great, Walton the wise, lovable smiling Reggie...and on and on...

Duke/K...sort of a more modern wooden/dean situation. Has been put on a level beyond reproach. Lot of well known and influential alumni. USA basketball. Crown jewel of god's gift to collegiate athletics, the ACC...untouchable...

So in summation there are two groups. Those who can get busted, but not so hard that they won't be able to compete, be on television, sell tickets, market sponsors, make money etc... Then there are a few who won't get busted because the rabbit hole is deep, dark, and nobody wants anybody to swallow the red pill...

UL should have followed the lead of UNC by lying, covering up, paying lawyers and even hiring former NCAA compliance personnel.

Only works for UNC and duke

If I am ND, I tell the NCAA to F off and still list them as wins. UNC laughs at 2 years of academic fraud telling ND to step their game up and call them when they are over 2 decades of academic fraud.

Notre Dame should sue them.

Absolutely. These facts are 5% of what UNC did and they got nothing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT