ADVERTISEMENT

NC ST VS UK Game Thread

So glad there’s not any guys like you and Sefus on the team!

Give up artists.
I believe I stayed until the end didn't I? And the pressure was getting to them. They worked through it.

Don't come in here and start bs. I'm happy. Our boys proved they should be playing for it all.

On to the next.

So, do we prefer Florida or a and m or who cares?

In basketball I generally prefer lower seeded team and then if they beat UK tip your cap. Florida is pretty good though.

Edit: see Florida has 28 losses. Yeah. I'll take them

Winning that game, specifically with the up’s and down’s is the recipe for a winning team. Not saying they win it all, but you’ve got to be able to win games like that if you stand a chance.
The team looked a bit overwhelmed with the stage and didn’t play overly good. I hope this takes the stress off of them and they play like they can. The other things that I am a bit surprised is that they have won with Waldy doing nothing. He needs to get going.

Very true. No easy games in Omaha.

Battle of the luckiest teams ever tomorrow night with UT vs UNC though.
Battle of the Underserving.

UT has the worst fans known to man. And UNC is the biggest academic frauds known to man. As always with two teams I don't like, rooting for a power outage. Sadly, it's summertime and unless the game take 5 hours.....

The team looked a bit overwhelmed with the stage and didn’t play overly good. I hope this takes the stress off of them and they play like they can. The other things that I am a bit surprised is that they have won with Waldy doing nothing. He needs to get going.
This. That's why I was down in the thread; you could see it on their faces. Furrowed brows, heavy breathing. The stress was real. That catch in the outfield was the turning point in the game- HUGE defensive play and sparked our guys!

Reactions: K86
This. That's why I was down in the thread; you could see it on their faces. Furrowed brows, heavy breathing. The stress was real. That catch in the outfield was the turning point in the game- HUGE defensive play and sparked our guys!
NC State also had the pressure on them too. We homered off that freshman pitcher and their big closer didn't live up to his numbers at all. Gotta stay positive, it was only a one run game for crying out loud.

NC State also had the pressure on them too. We homered off that freshman pitcher and their big closer didn't live up to his numbers at all. Gotta stay positive, it was only a one run game for crying out loud.
I understand that. We were struggling on offense as well. We got two good shots and that's all we needed.

Time to rest up and prep for either UF/A&M

Reactions: The-Hack
Our offense really worries me. We have the worst 3-5 hitters in the tourney and if Waldy is still struggling (he is so far), our offense relies a lot on other teams either walking us or making mistakes.

I know we won game 2 vs Oregon St, but those 9 innings plus this game so far have been pretty awful when it comes to offense.
Completely disagree with this (and I did before the Daly homer). I'll agree that Burkes has become an auto out, but 4, 5, and 6 have been excellent for UK. Lopez is a great hitter at the four spot, Daly has been clutch in the postseason.

Completely disagree with this (and I did before the Daly homer). I'll agree that Burkes has become an auto out, but 4, 5, and 6 have been excellent for UK. Lopez is a great hitter at the four spot, Daly has been clutch in the postseason.
I’ll agree that I’m not always excited to see Burkes in the 3 hole. But, you’re also talking about a very smart and experienced player in that role. If Waldy and Petre are able to get on then you trust his experience to move them bases.

With that said, his bunt today was brutal..

I’ll agree that I’m not always excited to see Burkes in the 3 hole. But, you’re also talking about a very smart and experienced player in that role. If Waldy and Petre are able to get on then you trust his experience to move them bases.

You mean you don't want to pop a bunt straight up?

So, do we prefer Florida or a and m or who cares?

In basketball I generally prefer lower seeded team and then if they beat UK tip your cap. Florida is pretty good though.

Edit: see Florida has 28 losses. Yeah. I'll take them
I'm rooting for A&M. I hate Florida baseball, from "Jac" to Kevin O Sullivan (the second most annoying coach in the SEC). Florida is red hot, but A&M has some injury issues, so I'd rather play A&M.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Burkes bunt was brutal, but the caught stealing looked like it came on a broken hit and run. Daly was clearly trying to push the ball to the right side. The pitcher just made a good pitch that made making contact tough. Even if Daly does contact the ball there it probably goes foul.

Daly smashed the shit out of that hanging breaking ball. Even more impressive if that were a slider and not a curve ball because hitters are batting .028, I repeat .028 on that guy's slider.

Great win for the "BAT"tle Cats. These guys don't give in. They battle until the end. Even in a day where they struggled at the plate, the team with the least amount of home runs hit that made it to Omaha, the Cats hit 3 of them today. They find ways to win. That's a championship level quality team.

Yes, Burkes is driving me insane at the plate. I think the coaches feel that his experience and "heart" will eventually lead to better results at the plate. That was the case last year when he really started to improve at the plate toward the end of the year. This year, I have no idea what went wrong, but the wheels have fallen off.

The good news is that Daly and Mccarthy have really stepped up in the postseason, and Lopez and Nicholson and Pitre continue to be hot.

If we could just get SOMETHING out of Burke,s McCoy, smith, and WALDY...

Yes, Burkes is driving me insane at the plate. I think the coaches feel that his experience and "heart" will eventually lead to better results at the plate. That was the case last year when he really started to improve at the plate toward the end of the year. This year, I have no idea what went wrong, but the wheels have fallen off.

The good news is that Daly and Mccarthy have really stepped up in the postseason, and Lopez and Nicholson and Pitre continue to be hot.

If we could just get SOMETHING out of Burke,s McCoy, smith, and WALDY...
I feel it in my bones that Waldy is getting ready to go on a streak, would be the spark that pushes us deep in this tournament.

Be glad I'm not one of the "football only" or "basketball only" fans that are on this board. Hell, I started the damn thread when no one else seemingly was going to.

I'll be here win, lose, or draw in this series.
Yeah, I root like crazy for ALL UK sports! Don't know why we wouldn't! Love the baseball team. Love the basketball team. Love the football team. Love the rifle team. Love the volleyball team. Etc., etc.

Yeah, I root like crazy for ALL UK sports! Don't know why we wouldn't! Love the baseball team. Love the basketball team. Love the football team. Love the rifle team. Love the volleyball team. Etc., etc.
This. Baseball is just tough to follow down here in WKY because it's just not on radio or tv much. I'm uber excited! I just want them to finish strong! Today was a good win! I know we're all glad we made it to the CWS. Now, why not win it all?

Why not us?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT