ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs Oregon State Game Thread

UK Grad degree 2024, my kids went to a lot of games this season (UK baseball might be their favorite), been a UK baseball fan since the 90’s as a kid. Cannot say how happy I am for this program and Ming isn’t going anywhere. Let’s begin the dynasty and win the whole f’n thing.

Special year for this mf.

Ming may truly be the best person we have in a HC position at UK. He says his favorite slogan is WE ARE UK and that he truly supports the other sports, administration, and students.

I am ecstatic for him, for the team, and for us fans! So glad Mitch didn't listen to the mob a few short years ago.

I know this would be crazy talk and jumping the shark a bit, but would Mitch maybe handpick Ming as an Associate AD (following a similar path of John Cohen...Auburn AD, former MSU head baseball HC/Associate AD, Ming's old boss, etc.)?

Ming may truly be the best person we have in a HC position at UK. He says his favorite slogan is WE ARE UK and that he truly supports the other sports, administration, and students.

I am ecstatic for him, for the team, and for us fans! So glad Mitch didn't listen to the mob a few short years ago.

I know this would be crazy talk, but would Mitch maybe handpick Ming as an Associate AD (following a similar path of John Cohen...Auburn AD, former MSU head baseball HC/Associate AD, Ming's old boss, etc.)?
I just hope with the money saved by Cal's fatass bailing. We can pay Ming the dough.

I know this would be crazy talk and jumping the shark a bit, but would Mitch maybe handpick Ming as an Associate AD (following a similar path of John Cohen...Auburn AD, former MSU head baseball HC/Associate AD, Ming's old boss, etc.)?
Ming or Pope. Both realize they are not bigger than the brand.

I just hope with the money saved by Cal's fatass bailing. We can pay Ming the dough.

He’s not going anywhere. We made him as much as he made us. It’s a perfect match and he loves the program and the people. There’s no way he’d leave after everything UK has done. He began his major coaching career here, his kids are here, it’s his program. From what I’ve gathered over the years he’s really loves UK. Im good friends with a player that was on the 06 team and he was the assistant. He’s talked about how much he loves Lexington and UK.

He’s a super loyal guy and we gave him more
Chances than anyone in the SEC would have. We’re safe he’s not even gonna entertain it.

*edit, at least I doubt it.

He’s not going anywhere. We made him as much as he made us. It’s a perfect match and he loves the program and the people. There’s no way he’d leave after everything UK has done. He began his major coaching career here, his kids are here, it’s his program. From what I’ve gathered over the years he’s really loves UK. Im good friends with a player that was on the 06 team and he was the assistant. He’s talked about how much he loves Lexington and UK.

He’s a super loyal guy and we gave him more
Chances than anyone in the SEC would have. We’re safe he’s not even gonna entertain it.

*edit, at least I doubt it.
UK baseball made it to Omaha before UT made the final four. LOL

I loved the interview with Mingione.

He gave God the glory multiple times and got choked about speaking how his rise to head coach at Kentucky could only be explained by God's involvement in his life. He mentioned how he has never been a head coach until he came to Kentucky.

Beautiful interview.

UK baseball made it to Omaha before UT made the final four. LOL

So sweet. Those pieces of sht, I was hoping they’d be taken out on a stretcher against Evansville. Shit talkin team and arrogant ass head coach. Hate their baseball team as much as any if them and their fans. Nebraska better get ready, skank trash is comin to Omaha. You haven’t smelled shit until you stand next to a Vol.

So sweet. Those pieces of sht, I was hoping they’d be taken out on a stretcher against Evansville. Shit talkin team and arrogant ass head coach. Hate their baseball team as much as any if them and their fans. Nebraska better get ready, skank trash is comin to Omaha. You haven’t smelled shit until you stand next to a Vol.
Their team takes on the attitude of it's fans. They play against the coach that beat them 2 years ago. Notre Dame's old coach. They'll fold. There's rumors that Texas has already hired their coach. And is just waiting on him to lose.

Pitching the biggest surprise to me. Oregon St a great offensive team I thought we would have to score a bunch both games to win. But to hold a team like that to almost no hits in a couple of games is ridiculous. The play Daily made at third is something you see in the pro's. Him and Smith have to be one of the best defensive tandems on that side of the infield. Watching them in warmups like you would see in the majors.

This success is already paying off with recruiting. Jackson Strong, a left handed hitter from Canisius committed. First team MAAC, has batted around 350 the last couple of years. The outfielder has good power also and is a really good base runner.

Adam West Dancing GIF
Batman Dancing GIF

Hate them, but they have a pretty good baseball team. It's not like they're some dog-SH/*t last place team like the St. Louis Cardinal or someobody. lol

I've seen this point made elsewhere, but that last K by UK over OSU was the end of PAC12 sports as we've known them. The conference that Bill Walton loved to call the Conference of Champions is no more except on paper. I believe it's true it held more NCAA titles across all sports than any other. That includes individual titles like the 100m dash and 100m backstroke.

Reactions: RogerIndy
No. Started at 9:06 and was just long! Multiple pitching changes, especially by us at the end playing the matchups on their best hitters
It was also helped by our P's 9 BB as well as 83 or so 3-2 counts.

There were 314 pitches in the game, 170 by us (!!). Of our 170 pitches, 67 were balls. Yet there were just 6 hits total.

It was also helped by our P's 9 BB as well as 83 or so 3-2 counts.

There were 314 pitches in the game, 170 by us (!!). Of our 170 pitches, 67 were balls. Yet there were just 6 hits total.
Pitched out a few self made jams too. Thank god their pitcher forgot to cover home!

Thanks. Where did you get the time?
I think it was UK Athletics site, but it looks like it is now saying 2:00pm. And of course we now know it is versus NC State. I may be mistaken, but I don't think we have played them since the 2017 Lexington Regional.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT