ADVERTISEMENT

NBA reaches $76 Billion Dollar Media Rights Deal

Don’t follow the troll. The vast majority of UK fans have and do support these guys even long after their playing days. I don’t blame the players for having little loyalty these days, that’s the doing of John Calipari, who used the program as an extension of AAU to get them to the NBA. Some of them were taught to consider UK as much as they consider their AAU team, maybe less so. The guy was always a pitiful man to be allowed to coach the college game and he carried a message of selfishness, greed, a lack of eduction, and no loyalty to anyone but himself. Do not blame the players blame their teacher. This is why the NCAA made sure he was not the face of college basketball.

Some of our players will see the love and give back, but not all. And we’ve got the “Coach” / agent we supported too long to blame for it.

Don’t follow the troll. The vast majority of UK fans have and do support these guys even long after their playing days. I don’t blame the players for having little loyalty these days, that’s the doing of John Calipari, who used the program as an extension of AAU to get them to the NBA. Some of them were taught to consider UK as much as they consider their AAU team, maybe less so. The guy was always a pitiful man to be allowed to coach the college game and he carried a message of selfishness, greed, a lack of eduction, and no loyalty to anyone but himself. Do not blame the players blame their teacher. This is why the NCAA made sure he was not the face of college basketball.

Some of our players will see the love and give back, but not all. And we’ve got the “Coach” / agent we supported too long to blame for it.

How does this relate to the the NBA and NBC deal?

How does this relate to the the NBA and NBC deal?

Guy above talking about the players getting no respect when they leave here and essentially blaming the fans for the lack of support. That’s not the fault of the players or the fans.

My post was in relation to the idea there is a ton of money in the NBA but the players don’t give back. The money in the headline caused the comments I assume. I didn’t start them but that’s what it seems to be.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Guy above talking about the players getting no respect when they leave here and essentially blaming the fans for the lack of support. That’s not the fault of the players or the fans.

My post was in relation to the idea there is a ton of money in the NBA but the players don’t give back. The money in the headline caused the comments I assume. I didn’t start them but that’s what it seems to be.

Sorry man - I must have skimmed over the posts about former players. I agree with you here.

Reactions: Killswitch24
I know it's summer, but this message board has become a race between 3-4 people to see who post the most links without comment or discussion. I'm not sure if they are in a contest or win a prize for posting the most links or what.

Assuming an equal split between all 30 teams that is 260 million dollars a year which easily covers the second apron of the salary cap and leaves 70 million to spare. Those teams who go over though will need ticket revenue and merchandise in order to pay the rest of the costs and luxury taxes that are split among the teams not over it.

Thru a quick google search it appears the Lakers make about 99 million a year of ticket revenue. The Mavericks made 67 million last year but had 101 million the year before, but that was about 30% above their yearly average recently. The Knicks were by far the highest at 154 million. The Indiana Pacers for an example of a small market team made only 33 million dollars. We can see why they can’t have such a high payroll but the new competitive balance changes, second apron luxury tax, and trades structure especially with draft picks and salary restrictions will help with this a ton.

Last edited:
I know a little bit about this actually but if you think Zaslav is going to put an offer to exceed Amazon’s deal i think you’ll be disappointed.

His whole mandate has been to gut the company as much as possible and bring down debt.
[URL
Guess I knew a little about what I was talking about TNT matches the offer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT