ADVERTISEMENT

National Championship Game Thread: Alabama vs. Clemson

So lets face it, baring UGA pulling he upset in the SEC title game it will be the same two next year...

So, what can Bama do different, go back to old school ground and pound?? ... or will Clemson lose a lot on that defense to change this outcome?

What needs to be done to get a QB who can throw the ball like Lawrence? I’d kill for that type of talent on our team.

You got to remember; many of our fans think Alabama’s championships somehow reflect on us as a program. Lol

I'm not one of those fans, bud...it's about to be 51-16. The SEC's best just got trashed by 35 points. On one hand, it makes me feel good that this is the best the SEC has to offer in the National Title game..I mean, it makes me feel good about UK competing in the SEC and being successful in the SEC. On the other hand, the SEC being embarrassed by the Big 12 and the ACC this bowl season was disappointing. The big bad SEC hasn't finished with a winning bowl record in the last three bowl seasons.

There’s a shift in power. Clemson is running this ish now - which is crazy considering how big of a dork Dabo is.

Will be fun watching the bammer fans meltdown.

Oh, I don't know about a shift in power. I suspect Bama will be right in the thick of things once again next season. In fact, there's a very good chance they end up in the championship game again. And they'll probably be playing with intensity if that happens, because they'll pack around the embarrassment of tonight for an entire year. That sort of thing tends to motivate you. Alabama isn't going anywhere, at least not while Saban is there.

What needs to be done to get a QB who can throw the ball like Lawrence? I’d kill for that type of talent on our team.
Have an offensive scheme that includes pass plays on first and second down would be a good start.

I wish Clemson would’ve ran it in for one more touchdown on Saban and then toss the ball to him and tell him to GFH.

Reactions: TIE543
This was a humiliating loss on THE national stage. The repercussions will be impactful even to Saban and BAMA. I do not expect to see BAMA in the CFP championship game next year. Now that they’ve been exposed as human, they will lose more games.

What a clunker of an offensive game plan by Bama. I have a funny feeling that that OC will be gone in short order. Bama's power game was working pretty well, and then that throw into triple coverage happened = game over.

Clemson's QB is obviously a future pro, accurate and can make all the throws. Very, very consistent. Probable Heisman winner in '19.

Silver lining in Bama's and Georgia's clunker performances - UK may be able to make some inroads into some recruits with both. In the final tally, UK is at the very top of the SEC in the FEEL GOOD Category, for the first time in a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT