ADVERTISEMENT

National Championship Game Thread: Alabama vs. Clemson

TuckyFB

All-SEC
Jun 21, 2016
Who y'all got?

I'm leaning Clemson: 35 Alabama: 28

but I've been going back and forth the last hour. It could go either way, I just hope for a good game. I'm picking Clemson right now because I'm a big Trevor Lawrence fan, he's going to be very good. I think Georgia exposed Tua in the SECC game and I think Tua folds a little when a good defense goes after him and Clemson has one of the best defenses if not the best in College Football.

Last edited:
Just an absurd amount of talent on the field. I'd lean towards taking the points. Nobody seems to be talking about Etienne, who is probably the best back in the country not named Jonathan Taylor. If Lawrence can hit some big throws and get Clemson a lead, expect a heavy dose of Etienne.

Alabama probably wins, but I don't think Clemson wears down like Georgia did in the second half.

Reactions: fabcat
Just an absurd amount of talent on the field. I'd lean towards taking the points. Nobody seems to be talking about Etienne, who is probably the best back in the country not named Jonathan Taylor. If Lawrence can hit some big throws and get Clemson a lead, expect a heavy dose of Etienne.

Alabama probably wins, but I don't think Clemson wears down like Georgia did in the second half.
I agree about ETN think he'll probably be in the Heisman race next year.

Just an absurd amount of talent on the field...
Heard on a morning talk show there are 17 expected 1st and 2nd round picks in the game tonight. And Clem's Son is missing one. Number-wise that is almost a whole damn team! :eek:

Peace

Alabama 31
Clemson 20

Both teams are unfairly talented. Alabama just executes at such a high level in all areas in the game. It’s too hard for me to pick against them.

Reactions: SophiesDad
Alabama and Nick Saban against a true freshman quarterback is all you need to know. People saying Alabama's quarterback is going to fold? He's won a national championship he's been here before. Now that said anything's possible but I'll take Alabama and a close one

Rooting for Clemson. But I just don't see them beating the Tide. Bama is just on a different level this year.

I'm going to go Bama 38, Clemson 24.

Love Trevor Lawrence but this will be his hardest test to date and just feel like Bama will come after him hard. He will try to dink and dunk them with slants and flares with Renfro and Co. but not sure Clemson has the run attack to help out and make that work all game

Plus I think Judy and Waddle and Co. will be the real difference. If Bama's oline holds the pressure off at all those guys will have huge nights. Tua is great but those WR have turned Bama into a different animal on offense. Plus Tua has the three headed monster at RB to mix in.

I guess you can buy a beer or two if you got a recently discounted ticket.

Who y'all got?

I'm leaning Clemson: 35 Alabama: 28

but I've been going back and forth the last hour. It could got either way, I just hope for a good game. I'm picking Clemson right now because I'm a big Trevor Lawrence fan, he's going to be very good. I think Georgia exposed Tua in the SECC game and I think Tua folds a little when a good defense goes after him and Clemson has one of the best defenses if not the best in College Football.
No way Clemson is scoring 35 on Bama...Tide rolls 38 -24.

Rocky or Rambo movie...

Sly is gonna get his licks in, take some licks, pull away with a bang in the end and leave no doubt...

Tigers scratch, but tide rolls to a 13-17 point win...

Sooo sick of Bama so I want to pull for Clemson but Sweeney is such a goober - it’s hard to root for him. He’s so fake he makes Roy Williams look genuine.

Hoping both teams lose.

Reactions: justin_uk_5
We have 300million plus in the US of A and that was the best singer they could find?????

Also, that flyby was pathetic. They needed a B-52 or something screaming low through the uprights.

I guess they (ncaa and bspn) went cheap on the pre game.

We have 300million plus in the US of A and that was the best singer they could find?????

Also, that flyby was pathetic. They needed a B-52 or something screaming low through the uprights.

I guess they (ncaa and bspn) went cheap on the pre game.

Was that a drone?

I was listening to the TV crew and they were bragging about how awesome it was that Tua was throwing the ball to a guy that hadn't even turned to see it yet. They thought that undefendable and I'm sitting here like what?? That's not good football, that is stupid and begging for a int. Sure enough the next play was a pick six. I'm not football expert and I wouldn't have said anything but I expect the TV guys to know little bit more than the avg fan about the game and clearly they don't.

I was listening to the TV crew and they were bragging about how awesome it was that Tua was throwing the ball to a guy that hadn't even turned to see it yet. They thought that undefendable and I'm sitting here like what?? That's not good football, that is stupid and begging for a int. Sure enough the next play was a pick six. I'm not football expert and I wouldn't have said but I expect the TV guys to know little bit more than the avg fan about the game and clearly they don't.

Herbstreits a great announcer

hold off on that carwash now gentlemen...been a lot lies told around this here dinner table tonight...the rumors of bama's demise have largely been exaggerated...

Tua with 2 TD's. lol.

7-7 Back to business for Bama.

See if Lawrence has the yips or is ready for this level.

ADVERTISEMENT