ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

1490028385241.jpg

You guys take care. It was nice interacting with you guys and reading about random bullshit. I think the reality of the psycho has finally hit and it freaks me out. You guys keep being you.

Thought I lost my kid today. She had an accident on a non motorized scooter. As a parent, scariest thing I've ever been through. She was wearing her helmet. Thank God. Knocked her out on impact. After a couple of minutes she finally started to moan and come to. Scary ass sound. Lost all her front teeth. She had no short term memory. Said she couldn't see. We arw currently staying overnight for observation. Ct scans and stuff are negative. Very grateful things have turned out as well as they have.
Sorry you and she had to deal with that. Very scary stuff. Prayers

Here guys, I'm not going to share this with the rest of rafters, but they can look it up if they want to. Total bullshit someone had that much GD time on their hands. I hope you meet karma soon. After this I want bring it up(don't worry Jerry.);

I'll make one post regarding the matter since there's a thread on it.

First, I assume every single person posting on this board is a good human being in real life and, truth be known, I have no question I'd buy anyone beers in real life I met from this place (well not now, obviously, because the whole fired thing and no income). No matter how much I may have argued, belittled, smack talked, etc any of you... I enjoyed this place. All of us are here for one common reason and that's because we love college baskeball and this is a good place to escape and converse with like minded folks. People aren't the same in real life as they are on the internet the vast majority of time and I've always been able to understand that. I've met people from boards before at games and some I even argued with online and I enjoyed the company every single time. The internet isn't real life (well, unless it causes you to get fired).

Since some are interested here's what happened. Last Friday I got called to a meeting with administration saying someone had sent them an anonymous email containing some posts I'd made regarding work. It was nothing more than typical complaints about things that bother you, things patients say, people being late to appointments, me cracking on fibromyalgia, etc. It was bar talk. It was things everyone goes home and complains about except I did it in a random thread on the general discussion board of a UK sports site that nobody really reads evidenced by the thread views. Someone had followed my posts over the course of several months and sent them to the CFO of my company. They made it clear in this meeting that no HIPAA violations occurred because I never used names or other personal identifying information but it was alarming how I described some things. I took responsibility and owned up to it. Said there was gonna be an investigation and I got sent home. 4 days later I found out I was fired by corporate despite my manager and CFO going to bat for me because in 5 years I'd had not the first patient complaint, high customer satisfaction ratings, was always flexible to do any job asked, coworkers loved me, never missed days, stayed late frequently, etc. My manager even told me she mentioned she thought I was the best worker in the department. Alas, corporate made the call because they couldn't be 100% convinced of how I treated people... because of posts on a message board.

Depression is the best diet I've ever been on. Lost 10 pounds in 4 days. Pretty remarkable, really. Funny thing is I'm not even mad at the person who turned me in. It was my fault. Someone I'd made mad sometime in the last 13 years found a thread where myself and 10-12 other guys post in only. Small group. No one else. Everyone else could read, though. I got too comfortable with things I posted and this person decided they could figure out a way to nail me. Kinda sucked having to explain to my wife that 2/3 of our income is now gone and we're gonna have to penny pinch to feed our one year old daughter until I can get a new job... because of a message board.

So now I'm just waiting on my home board subscription to end and I'm gonna be done. If I ever come back it'll be under a new name, posting style, and email. You're not gonna know who it is. May sign up as a rival fan. That'd be fun. But I don't know. This is all pretty souring, honestly.

Anyway, this is a fun board. I know a lot of you didn't like the "poster" me. I probably wouldn't either if it was real life. But just remember sometimes to take a step back and realize this isn't real life and most everyone here is a good person with a family (well until you get fired. That's pretty real).

UCLA 78
UK 74
WTF

man this place and the paddock in general has become incredibly somber. damn. i can understand why. feel like your privacy gets invaded and real people get hurt it changes the mood. damn.

Any reference to LSU basketball should be preceded by the terms "once proud program" henceforth.

Spring Break. I can smell it, it's so close.

Hello new folks. Your appearance is somewhat strange, but hello nonetheless.

Cats by 4 on Friday, but what do I know?

Keep thinking back to one of the last few regular season games. They were coming out of a timeout and zoomed in on Malik Monk's face. He was smirking like he knew something we didn't. Fast forward 10 seconds, Fox has thrown an alley oop to Bam. These dudes know they're good and that they're better than most teams. I think they come out guns blazing on Friday, but slowly let the UCLAn back in and make us all sweat it out again.

Stay up.

Why are we protecting the SNITCH?

I know who it was. Others do also.

Someone let me know why it's being kept secret or will divulge said info.

Also

I'm a little late, but I need to submit my bracket to the nob challenge. Can't believe but I still have all 16 teams playing.

Here's some background on me, in case anybody was wanting to know a little about my personal life, for whatever reason...

1. Favorite food -- NOYFB
  2. Favorite movie -- GTH
  3. Favorite band -- KMA
  4. Hometown -- AYFS?
  5. Occupation -- GFY
That's it for now. If anybody has any other questions they'd like to ask then I cordially invite them to DIAF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT