ADVERTISEMENT

Mystery 2019 Recruit?

Darezay

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2017
There has been talk of a 2019 recruit coming into 2018 and committing to UK, and Wiseman is staying in 2019. So who is this mystery guy who might come to UK next season?

Armando Bacot. Maybe Balsa Koprivica, but he was tied to Louisville and Zona.

Also, *maybe* we lose Wenyen and Jeffries moves up to play that 3/4 role for us? Wild speculation based on nothing, but if someone might move up, seems logical to look at a guy who is already committed to us.

Reactions: MWes11
Heres what Tucker tweeted.

Kyle Tucker Retweeted Conner Caldwell

Wiseman still an outside possibility, but Wiseman is not who I'm thinking of. Can't share a name at the moment, but Kentucky is in great shape with a bunch of 2019 kids and maybe one wants in on this super team action next season ...

There has been talk of a 2019 recruit coming into 2018 and committing to UK, and Wiseman is staying in 2019. So who is this mystery guy who might come to UK next season?
It was just announced on 247 that Hagans did commit to UK this morning.

Reactions: c1doc
And we are sick of you.

raining_david_tennant.gif

I think we better hope Vernon Carey stays in 2019.

Duke is just missing a center. I think he's leaning that way anyway, but a reclass where he's the only option at the 5 for a loaded team that is just missing a center makes a whole lot of sense.

Matt just said the one in school is a guard and the big is a grad. So the Reid kid is the grad transfer.

Time to look over the 2019 guards. Maybe it is Maxey? Him or Scottie Lewis is my guess.

Guessing Maxey because Tucker kinda keeps bringing up his story on Cal visiting Maxey so I feel like he's trying to drop hints.

If we add 2 more players in any form(Frosh or Grad Transfer) we will have remade the whole team(imagine that at UK) Does anyone find that just a little strange given that there was so much expectation of several players returning off this team? I think maybe 1 or 2 more leave.

I doubt that Cal was taken be surprise it seems this hasn't taken place by accident and wasn't thrown together overnight. My point or maybe question,was there more than usual going on that we didn't know about during the last part of the season or is this just business as usual.

Montgomery seemed Duke bound till he looked at the roster structure and spent some time around the Duke recruits,Hagans has seemed like a plan for a couple of months now

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Matt just said the one in school is a guard and the big is a grad. So the Reid kid is the grad transfer.

Time to look over the 2019 guards. Maybe it is Maxey?
It Jalen Lecque or Brandon Williams. We've been in contact with both.

Reactions: JC43

Time to look over the 2019 guards. Maybe it is Maxey? Him or Scottie Lewis is my guess.

Guessing Maxey because Tucker kinda keeps bringing up his story on Cal visiting Maxey so I feel like he's trying to drop hints.

Even if Quade and Diallo leave, that makes zero sense. We have Hagans, Quickley, Herro and Baker.

Reactions: ukfan041

So Green is gone I guess?[eyeroll]

I think we better hope Vernon Carey stays in 2019.

Duke is just missing a center. I think he's leaning that way anyway, but a reclass where he's the only option at the 5 for a loaded team that is just missing a center makes a whole lot of sense.
According to a couple articles I read last week either he has cooled Duke or they cooled on him. His top 2 are said to be Michigan St. and Miami with UK coming on strong.

Reactions: irishcatdaddy
I posted this on another thread but this goes hand in hand so......I may just be indulging in wishful thinking, but reading between the tea leaves I'm gonna have to say it's Vernon Carey. Cal visits Carey and all of a sudden reports come out UK is heavily in the mix. Then reports of Carey possibly reclassifing come out. Then you look at our recruiting class and our roster, what are we missing? A center. SKJ transfers that leaves us with Nick Richards who is the only true C on the team. I think he's going to improve but I think he still will need more development to be a truly good player a la WCS junior year. Enter Carey he's in the perfect position to come in and be the go to player when we need a bucket as his offense is insanely good in the post while also allowing Richards to receive rest and not have to worry about fouls including not relying on him as much as he'll need more development.

According to a couple articles I read last week either he has cooled Duke or they cooled on him. His top 2 are said to be Michigan St. and Miami with UK coming on strong.

That's been the buzz, but the buzz was all USC/UCLA/Arizona for Bagley while Duke was guiding him through the reclassification process behind the scenes the entire time. They don't show their hand until it's done.

lol it's already an embarrassment of riches. We don't need anyone. I figure we will try to add Lecque or Brandon Williams if Quade leaves. Add a grad transfer big man if Gabriel leaves.
Maybe,but at some point you have to ask ,how many friggin' point guards do we need?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT