ADVERTISEMENT

My Starting Five Next yr

We’ve got to a get a few high quality transfers so I’ll hold off on what it will look like. Personally I also think to have a legit title shot at least one of TyTy, Sharpe, and Oscar need to come back and that’s scary because I don’t think any of them will.

I really hope we get Miller but I love the irony of listing him at center when in his IG bio he himself puts 6’11” guard!

I’m with STL Cat on this one. It’s far too early to think what our lineup will be like. We are the program that requires every player to make an announcement stay, go, transfer. We’ve gotten one such announcement and one other report. Those decisions will be coming soon and there will end up being a number of holes for us to fill especially factoring in only having 2 current recruits.

I really hope we get Miller but I love the irony of listing him at center when in his IG bio he himself puts 6’11” guard!

I’m with STL Cat on this one. It’s far too early to think what our lineup will be like. We are the program that requires every player to make an announcement stay, go, transfer. We’ve gotten one such announcement and one other report. Those decisions will be coming soon and there will end up being a number of holes for us to fill especially factoring in only having 2 current recruits.
Well consider my starting five with the assumption that the UK question marks are all gone outside of Frederick and Toppin.

Last edited:

Agree. He would not be our C. I could see him as our 3. And I am betting the farm on Collins as our 4. I like Toppin, and I was correct in predicting Collins to not do much as a FR. But he breaks out as a SOPH (13/8/3).

Assuming the worst (no Tyty, no Sharpe, no Oscar), IF (big "if") we got Miller, I could see something like:
PG top transfer like maybe Pippen, backed up by Wheeler
SG Wallace (backed up by Fredrick)
SF Miller (backed up by Hopkins)
PF Collins (backed up by Toppin)
C top transfer like Aimaq or Broome if he enters portal, backed up by Ware

Miller, Collins & Aimaq would make the 3pt lovers happy.
Or Miller, Collins, Broome would really protect the rim (blocked shots)

Reactions: Dirt Court King
Miller will be a kid that struggles next season but will go pro after his one year because of his potential.

Agree. He would not be our C. I could see him as our 3. And I am betting the farm on Collins as our 4. I like Toppin, and I was correct in predicting Collins to not do much as a FR. But he breaks out as a SOPH (13/8/3).

Assuming the worst (no Tyty, no Sharpe, no Oscar), IF (big "if") we got Miller, I could see something like:
PG top transfer like maybe Pippen, backed up by Wheeler
SG Wallace (backed up by Fredrick)
SF Miller (backed up by Hopkins)
PF Collins (backed up by Toppin)
C top transfer like Aimaq or Broome if he enters portal, backed up by Ware

Miller, Collins & Aimaq would make the 3pt lovers happy.
Or Miller, Collins, Broome would really protect the rim (blocked shots)
I agree with this. Do we know anything definitive on if Sahvir would have to sit if he transferred? I thought of it as a “one time” transfer but there are now a large amount of multiple time transfers in the portal. I say that because I have no reason to believe that Wheeler would be comfortable coming off the bench. Second team all SEC back to back years now going into his senior year doesn’t scream benching! I do agree with you about needing someone else at that spot without his fatal flaws but it’s just really intriguing to me how Cal/Sahvir see it.

You really think Cal isn't gonna start Keion next year? 🤣
I don't think Keion returns, whether his decision or Cal tells him he may see a reduction in minutes. As a SR Keion will want to be "the guy" at a F spot. This year their was not much difference in the production of him and Toppin, and Collins physically just was not ready. But I think Brooks has hit his ceiling, whereas I think Toppin can still improve a little, and Collins will be more physically ready. So next year, I see the 3 in order as Collins, Toppin, Brooks. Cal loves a shot blocking rim protector. His best defenses have had that. Collins can be that on D, while still playing like a 4 on O.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Is this allowed? Basketball discussion?

Way too early to think about starting lineups but I will be looking at defensive skill sets and passing.

Not top 25? You are kidding right?
Might sneak in just because its UK.
Who anchors that team?
I dont see anyone who the sports writers would be confident in being all SEC much less AA.
That squad would have potential but pre season its looks like 5 question marks to me.

Reactions: delk4three
With Triple CCC we better have a very talented roster that can overcome his coaching or we will be in trouble

With Triple CCC we better have a very talented roster that can overcome his coaching or we will be in trouble
So, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 were all the players and 2013, 2016, 2018, 2021 were all Coach Cal.

Do I have that correct?

Reactions: JonathanW
Pencil Collins in.
I think Collins is our WCS next year. No Oscar Tshiebwe means Collins is next up, if Cal recruits over him and never gives him a shot he will leave next time. The guy waited his turn and I think he should be our 5. A rim protector we haven't had in forever, and if he puts 10 points with it that's fair. Backup should be who Cals shopping 4 right now. Wheeler with be the steady hand of the bench. My 5 is
Wheeler, Wallace, CJ, Toppin, and Collins
6TH man Livingston
7th man Brooks
8th man Hopkins and Transfer
9th man practice players
Cals linup next season will be a small rotation and thus is putting ok but not great. We gonna be all right guys but this is my guess wtf do I know.

Imagine in an alternative universe, the starting 5 UK could have…

PG- TyTy, Wheeler
SG- Sharpe, Wallace
SF- CJ Fred, Livingston, or vice versa
PF- Toppin, Collins, Hopkins
PF/ C- Oscar, Ware, quality transfer

That team hangs with anyone, anywhere.

Imagine in an alternative universe, the starting 5 UK could have…
PG- TyTy, Wheeler
SG- Sharpe, Wallace
SF- CJ Fred, Livingston, or vice versa
PF- Toppin, Collins, Hopkins
PF/ C- Oscar, Ware, quality transfer
That team hangs with anyone, anywhere.
then Cal's coaching, eventually cost them the game. been there done that!

• Wow
Reactions: TFCats11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT