ADVERTISEMENT

My player development perspective

rodserling

Sophomore
Apr 19, 2011
We all see every game the kind of job Cal does on his in game situations. But the player development side we never really see. I don't think Cal has a hands on practice sessions. I'm sure he's there when the cameras are rolling but I would imagine the bulk of everyday practice sessions are being run by the assistants. And it has been a long while since I've heard any of their names being talked about for coaching positions. Maybe not being listened to in game situations may be leading to less effort in dailly practices. I certainly don't know but seeing the head man doing photo ops and you doing the grunt work might get old. Flint looks like he's asleep on the bench during games.

Only player since the lifetime deal I remember really developing under Cal is Oscar. Which is a 180 from Cals first 7 years at UK when players really did .

Players to of regressed under Cal since .......

We all see every game the kind of job Cal does on his in game situations. But the player development side we never really see. I don't think Cal has a hands on practice sessions. I'm sure he's there when the cameras are rolling but I would imagine the bulk of everyday practice sessions are being run by the assistants. And it has been a long while since I've heard any of their names being talked about for coaching positions. Maybe not being listened to in game situations may be leading to less effort in dailly practices. I certainly don't know but seeing the head man doing photo ops and you doing the grunt work might get old. Flint looks like he's asleep on the bench during games.
The only grunt work Cal does is on the toilet.

Cal doesn't develop players he just let the ones he thinks that are going to be NBA draft picks play so he can go to the NBA draft and hob knob with all those NBA types.

Reactions: rodserling
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT