ADVERTISEMENT

My plan going forward

:cool2: <-- me since Cal has been here.

I am hoping Coach Cal can create a system of 13 out and in. That would be great.

Perfect that system Cal! you can do it!!!!

We always have decently good teams but what is a successful year to you? For me its achieving a title. What i think alot of fans are tired of is we now know its has nothing to do with what we want, titles, tradition, its ALL about craming recruits into the green room. Cal is perfectly in heaven losing a first or second round game, or NIT game as long as he gets 6 players on the NBA stage. We now know that is ALL he is about. When he was flying out to have a home visit with the twins he admitted on tv he doesnt feel like a coach he feels like he is in the buisness of helping families. We have been tricked into thinking Cal can recruit the best of the best and take us to the promise land and now we know it has zero to do with us, UK, or our great tradition. Its a shame.

Did you become a Duke or Kansas fan?

Because Cal has never lost in the 1st and only once in the 2nd round of the NCAA at U.K.

Hey Big Blue Nation,

Just giving an outsiders opinion.

Any team in the country would kill to get the recruits you guys do. But seeing them go so fast would be hard. From a KU fan I personally can't stand the one and done and we only have 1 maybe 2 a year. It would be hard for me to see 5, 6, or even 7 players leave a year with the majority of them being freshman.

However one thing nobody can argue is wins and more than that is final fours. You guys have as good as chance as anyone to be there again next year.

This is how it's gonna be as long as the rules stay how they are and Cal is your coach. If I was a UK fan u would embrace it and enjoy the ride.

Good luck the rest of the recruiting season and we will see you guys next season.
Thanks. Now get off our board! Just kidding. Good luck to your Jayhawks next season.

Haha....

I come to this board because of the activity. I am a long time luker as you can tell from my post totals. This board has great topics anf a variety of them. I enjoy seeing what you guys have to say. May not always agree but that's why I come here.

Take it easy.

38-1 Absolutely ruined it FOR ME. Its like last years warrior team broke wins record but it didnt mean anything. I dont care if we are 28-12 as long as we win it all.

Why are you still here? Trying to ruin it for the rest of us?

Cal's coaching and refereeing killed us that game, not to mention losing Alex.

You are going off the deep end J.

Haha....

I come to this board because of the activity. I am a long time luker as you can tell from my post totals. This board has great topics anf a variety of them. I enjoy seeing what you guys have to say. May not always agree but that's why I come here.

Take it easy.
You're too kind.

This board is full of wackos and psychopaths.

Myself included.

Haha....

Take it easy.
Pay little attention to Kev, he missed his meds today.

Reactions: brianpoe
Cal likes to be the first to do something. He has probably planned on Diallo being a none and done. This is another selling point. Yay, another recruiting championship!!

Reactions: Titles1
You're too kind.

This board is full of wackos and psychopaths.

Myself included.
Wackos??? WHO are YOU calling WaCKOS???
775_zene_w800_h600.jpeg

My plan going forward is a big change from what I have done in the past. From now on I will have the mindset to expect 6-8 guys going each year. In May or June just look to see what we have and try and evaluate our chances of a championship team or less and move on.
I have struggled with the NBA system of one and done, now it is none and done possibly. I am just old school I guess and that won't change, roll with the flow and try and remember their names before they leave. It is what it is....Go CATS !!!!!!!!
Yeah, winning 30 games a year, going to half the Final Fours, and that title don't make up for guys leaving early. These are some dark times for BBN, we'll prolly only be a top 5 team next year.

Reactions: Blueaz and brianpoe
Yeah, winning 30 games a year, going to half the Final Fours, and that title don't make up for guys leaving early. These are some dark times for BBN, we'll prolly only be a top 5 team next year.
I see nothing in my statement that indicates dark times, I do struggle at 68 remembering the names year in and out, it is what it is.

Why are you still here? Trying to ruin it for the rest of us?

Cal's coaching and refereeing killed us that game, not to mention losing Alex.

You are going off the deep end J.
damn im talking about me. Stop playing comunist, move around, go to your corner till you make sense.

damn im talking about me. Stop playing comunist, move around, go to your corner till you make sense.

I know you are talking about you, I am talking about you too.

A 38-1 season ruined it for you?

We lost the last 5 minutes of one game and you are still this devastated?

It was a tough loss, I think you are a good poster, just didnt take you for one to be ruined by it...

Reactions: Blueaz
I know you are talking about you, I am talking about you too.

A 38-1 season ruined it for you?

We lost the last 5 minutes of one game and you are still this devastated?

It was a tough loss, I think you are a good poster, just didnt take you for one to be ruined by it...
It ruined the me by thinking we were unbeatable but we lost when it mattered most. Now il gladly take loses anytime but when it matters in the tourney. It ruined it becaus it was all for nothing. Im not still devastated, i just see things differnt now. is that ok? Can i be able to think, feel for myself?

It ruined the me by thinking we were unbeatable but we lost when it mattered most. Now il gladly take loses anytime but when it matters in the tourney. It ruined it becaus it was all for nothing. Im not still devastated, i just see things differnt now. is that ok? Can i be able to think, feel for myself?

Tough loss, but all teams are beatable... 75 IU, 91 UNLV, and us in 15.

Saying it was all for nothing...? 38-1?

That is a bit of a defeatist attitude. We all wanted to win, as did the players and coach.

And by all means, feel yourself all you want, but keep that part private...

Tough loss, but all teams are beatable... 75 IU, 91 UNLV, and us in 15.

Saying it was all for nothing...? 38-1?

That is a bit of a defeatist attitude. We all wanted to win, as did the players and coach.

And by all means, feel yourself all you want, but keep that part private...
No, im not gonna be silenced, the players themselves said it was all for nothing because the goal for those young men was a title. Again, il do what i want, you worry about yourself. Enjoy your day.

No, im not gonna be silenced, the players themselves said it was all for nothing because the goal for those young men was a title. Again, il do what i want, you worry about yourself. Enjoy your day.
jbapp wants a piece of everyone ITT.

XG6nOK.gif

We get 5 seasons of Kentucky basketball every year.

1. Summer season - This is when we know who is on the team, they arrive on campus and look like all-world in pick up games.

2. Non conference season - Actual games played in Rupp. Everyone was right about those summer pick up games. Maybe we drop a game to a big name, but don't worry, it's not March yet.

3. Conference season - We start losing road games. Our young team has never faced adversity. Don't worry, it's not March yet.

4. Post season - Views of the team range from we'll win it all to we'll be out the first weekend. Panic time. It's March.

5. Draft season/recruiting season - Good bye seniors (if we had any, too bad you didn't get to play more). Three or so on and dones declare (we expected this). One or two more guys declare for the draft that seemingly have no business doing so. Recruiting is in full swing. Hand wringing about who stays and who goes.

We have four titles in 60 years. He has one of them in 7 years. I'm tired of fans like you talking about titles when UK wins one every 20 years or so.
Once again, Cal has had way, way more talent than the UK teams in the previous 60 years. Considering the players we had in those 60 years I'm not that bothered by the 4 titles.

Also again, you keep looking at titles in a certain time frame in general. When you look at what's specifically happened each year with Cal you'll see that he has blown multiple titles here in his 8 years.

At this point I have zero confidence in Cal ever winning another title here with the way he does things. Cal is a modern day Dean Smith except he probably only wins 1.

Once again, Cal has had way, way more talent than the UK teams in the previous 60 years. Considering the players we had in those 60 years I'm not that bothered by the 4 titles.

Also again, you keep looking at titles in a certain time frame in general. When you look at what's specifically happened each year with Cal you'll see that he has blown multiple titles here in his 8 years.

At this point I have zero confidence in Cal ever winning another title here with the way he does things. Cal is a modern day Dean Smith except he probably only wins 1.
Remember, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and know good thing ever dies.

Stay positive my friend.

If there was a future bet out there saying whether or not Cal would win another title at UK, I would put a decent amount of money on the, "Yes, he will win another title while at UK" option.

My plan going forward, not that I could have a plan going backward, is this:

Once the season starts, I'm going to watch the games and drink some beers.
If the team is really good, I'm going to watch the games and drink some beers.

If the team is bad, I'm going to watch the games and drink some beers.
If the team is really bad, I'm going to watch the games and drink some beers.

So what it boils down to next season for me, is that I'm going to watch the games and drink some beers.... Going forward of course.

Reactions: MWes11

Who would have ever of guessed that you have such a negative opinion of Cal..?

if we were the most successful school at keeping players all four years our expectation would be to get one and dones. we could easily have four titles with route were on. in some cases our product on the floor has nothing to do with it. we're the best at our approach. we're the only ones to be in the extreme of our approach. and we're winning. [smoke]

You have to understand something, it's the job of the coach to recruit the talent, and Cal does it better than anyone. But, just because you have a lot of talented players, doesn't mean you're going to win six straight games in the tournament.

For example, 2010, if UK hadn't hired Cal, we would have been looking at a roster of NAIA guys, and that season would have been the worst in UK history....something along the lines of 6-28...and that's not an exaggeration.

Cal took that team and had an incredible season. But, when you get that deep into the tournament, guess what? You're playing teams with a ton of good players too. It just so happened that we started 0-20 from three point range, that probably wouldn't have happened again if they played West Virginia 100 more times....it's called bad luck.

The 2015 team was loaded, and they had an historically great year, maybe the best in UK history.
But, guess what? Wisconsin was really freaking good too, and they made a couple of more plays than we did. It happens.

Ask UNLV in 1991
Georgetown in 1985

Relax, and enjoy what's going here.

Look, it pissed me off something awful when we lost to West Virginia and Wisconsin, but you know what I did?
I drunk some beers and after about 15, I felt better, and started thinking about the next season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT