ADVERTISEMENT

My Favorite New Beer: Kentucky Blue Light by Gravely Brewing.

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
Gravely Brewing has teamed up with Club 15 to market a new beer to help fund NIL.

If you can’t pony-up 15 Grand a year, prove your Cat fan loyalty with 16 ounce curls of Kentucky Blue Light!!

It will soon be featured at Ray’s Pizza Pub in Hustonville, and is accessible through the Liquor Barn, etc.

Does it bother you they did the same thing with Louisville? And they did that first?

Also, have you actually tried it or just posting about it because of the NIL connection?

Does it bother you they did the same thing with Louisville? And they did that first?

Also, have you actually tried it or just posting about it because of the NIL connection?

Lol, as Caveman said, who cares what they did with U of L.

Yes, I’ve tried it, and it tastes just like beer.

I’m not picky: the Beast was always my first choice, and this is as good, and comes in a nicer looking can.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Doesn’t bother me that the Louisville brewery marketed an NIL beer for UL and for UK. Just so long as the blue cans all go to UK athletes. Why should that bother anyone?
Not sure if it should bother anyone. I can't ever tell what would bother anyone these days. I asked because of the statement that it was their new favorite beer. Another way to ask it would have been - did you know they cut the same deal with UofL?

I believe it was posted previously that the Cardinale is not for the UL nil. I could be wrong but I think it was in the original post about the Kentucky Blue Light

Not sure if it should bother anyone. I can't ever tell what would bother anyone these days. I asked because of the statement that it was their new favorite beer. Another way to ask it would have been - did you know they cut the same deal with UofL?
Their UofL beer doesn't fund their NIL, so this is different.

Their UofL beer doesn't fund their NIL, so this is different.
It will by the end of this week. Probably being negotiated as we speak.
If Tom J was still there part of Ky Light’s revenue would also be diverted to ul!
That Yum Center agreement that pays ul millions to play there as a tenant still floors me.

Mitch needed to show that “agreement” to Rupp Arena.

Last edited:
Gravely Brewing has teamed up with Club 15 to market a new beer to help fund NIL.

If you can’t pony-up 15 Grand a year, prove your Cat fan loyalty with 16 ounce curls of Kentucky Blue Light!!

It will soon be featured at Ray’s Pizza Pub in Hustonville, and is accessible through the Liquor Barn, etc.

I haven't had a lite beer since I was a poor college kid in the 80s/90s, but I'll be willing to buy this to help the team. I'll have to suppress by beer snob tendencies and cheat on my German frauleins.

I haven't had a lite beer since I was a poor college kid in the 80s/90s, but I'll be willing to buy this to help the team. I'll have to suppress by beer snob tendencies and cheat on my German frauleins.
Ky bourbon Boilermakers Satch.
What’s your UK watching bourbon to pair with UK Ky Light?

• Love
Reactions: satcheluk
I haven't had a lite beer since I was a poor college kid in the 80s/90s,

I bought the Beast in 12 packs for as low as $2.58 in 1988. They were cheaper than Coke products!!

Still my favorite beer, and it actually won some tasting contests in the 90’s, or so I have been told.

I just never had a palate that could taste the difference in beer, especially after the second one went down (or the tenth one came back up).

Reactions: satcheluk
I bought the Beast in 12 packs for as low as $2.58 in 1988. They were cheaper than Coke products!!

Still my favorite beer, and it actually won some tasting contests in the 90’s, or so I have been told.

I just never had a palate that could taste the difference in beer, especially after the second one went down (or the tenth one came back up).
Old Milwaukee won the tasting.
The beast did not.
I drank both, of course.
Not a lick of difference. 🍻
GBBlue light!

I never really liked beer that much(I drank it some in HS and frat parties, but always preferred spirits back then), but then a friend and I hitchhiked across Europe for a month the summer after freshman year. That's when I had German beer for the first time, an unfiltered Franziskaner Hefeweizen in Berlin opened my eyes to what beer was supposed to taste like and I have been a beer lover ever since and that was the last time I ever brought home a lite/mass market US beer. I don't often drink more than 1 or 2, expect on game days, so I'm not looking for goes down easy. I want my palate to be entertained.

I never really liked beer that much(I drank it some in HS and frat parties, but always preferred spirits back then), but then a friend and I hitchhiked across Europe for a month the summer after freshman year. That's when I had German beer for the first time, an unfiltered Franziskaner Hefeweizen in Berlin opened my eyes to what beer was supposed to taste like and I have been a beer lover ever since and that was the last time I ever brought home a lite/mass market US beer. I don't often drink more than 1 or 2, expect on game days, so I'm not looking for goes down easy. I want my palate to be entertained.

Beer makes a good gift.

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT