ADVERTISEMENT

My buddy “got selected in the lottery” for season tickets

Was in the uppers for a few years, then got the call a couple of weeks ago and was asked if I wanted to move down to section 13. :-D

Reactions: CatPhight
The idea that tickets to a UK basketball game are hard to get is a myth and has been for quite some time. As far back as the 2012 season I went to games against no-name opponents and there were always hundreds of empty seats. In many cases I bought a upper arena ticket and then carefully watched which lower arena seats were not filled by the first TV timeout. Then, I just moved down. There are easy tricks for getting past the blue coats. LOL!
There are many ways to get in to see a UK game that don't require buying from a scalper or a online 3rd party website.

In 2015 I went to several games against lesser opponents and there were entire sections in the upper arena that were empty or near empty. I assume those were unclaimed student seats?
UK really needs to come up with a better system of filling unclaimed student seats. If the students don't claim their seats within two hours before tip-off sell those tickets to the public at a greatly reduced rate. Like, say $10 each.
Honestly, I am surprised the eRUPPtion Zone still exists. UK could sell season tickets in that area for a ton more than what they get from the students.

Reactions: CatPhight
The idea that tickets to a UK basketball game are hard to get is a myth and has been for quite some time. As far back as the 2012 season I went to games against no-name opponents and there were always hundreds of empty seats. In many cases I bought a upper arena ticket and then carefully watched which lower arena seats were not filled by the first TV timeout. Then, I just moved down. There are easy tricks for getting past the blue coats. LOL!
There are many ways to get in to see a UK game that don't require buying from a scalper or a online 3rd party website.

In 2015 I went to several games against lesser opponents and there were entire sections in the upper arena that were empty or near empty. I assume those were unclaimed student seats?
UK really needs to come up with a better system of filling unclaimed student seats. If the students don't claim their seats within two hours before tip-off sell those tickets to the public at a greatly reduced rate. Like, say $10 each.
Honestly, I am surprised the eRUPPtion Zone still exists. UK could sell season tickets in that area for a ton more than what they get from the students.
Yeah the students were no-shows for years on end, so the student uppers were moved to behind the basket.

No more scalpers, at least in the traditional sense, since tickets are now all mobile. We did the same thing back in the 90's - wait for a game to tip and the $80 tickets became $10, and then poach empties. 😜

During time outs I continue to listen to Pratt and Leach while you obviously can’t figure out how to make that happen. How sad. But, look on the bright side, you get to continue to piss and moan about some dumb dork named Dykes. He must be your hero.
*Timeouts* when referring to a media timeout. You know, the first stoppage of play under 16:00, 12:00, 8:00, and 4:00. TV timeout. Media timeout. Timeout.

I learned that before fourth grade.

You must not get out much, Troy. If you’re too dumb to know that prices are always inflated this early on, I feel sorry for you. You and your boyfriend will be able to go to the Louisville game for under $300…total.

Not just happening at UK, but campuses all around the nation. I feel like folks are still scared of being indoors with 20,000 people and frankly, I don’t blame them. I just found out this morning I tested positive for COVID and at 64 years old…it’s very frightening.

Oh don't use facts with this guy, he obviously just wants to blame Cal for something and he's not smart enough to understand that it's happening all across the country.

And NCAA basketball is terrible, the talent is watered down, coaches control too much of the game and isn't nearly the game it was in the 90s. But let's blame that on Cal too.

Reactions: UKhoopCat
There are a handful of games I can't go to each year. Section 12 2 seats. Not looking to make extra money. Happy to talk with you about
You can work your way down now if you want.

There are several K Fund seats in the lower bowl still available.
I called someone and they said I had to commit $100k over 10 years plus cost of the tickets. I wanted the tickets that required $1000 per seat/per year donation. Maybe I spoke to the wrong person.

Last edited:
Yeah the students were no-shows for years on end, so the student uppers were moved to behind the basket.

No more scalpers, at least in the traditional sense, since tickets are now all mobile. We did the same thing back in the 90's - wait for a game to tip and the $80 tickets became $10, and then poach empties. 😜
I miss scalpers.

Having our student section entirely behind our bench instead of the opponents is completely assinine. Im not looking for Tennessee levels of chicanery, but......come on now.....

I called someone and they said I had to commit $100k over 10 years plus cost of the tickets. I wanted the tickets that required $1000 per seat/per year donation. Maybe I spoke to the wrong person.
Yikes. o_O

We moved from uppers to lowers with no such commitment, although we've been STH's since Tubby.

Call 859 257-3718 and ask for Katie - tell her you want to upgrade to the lower bowl.

Reactions: UKortho
Yikes. o_O

We moved from uppers to lowers with no such commitment, although we've been STH's since Tubby.

Call 859 257-3718 and ask for Katie - tell her you want to upgrade to the lower bowl.
I will call first thing Monday. Thanks much!

A lot of people would just rather sit home and watch on Television. Plus, parking is only going to get worse. We have had season tickets since RUPP Arena opened. I never go to games, give them away to our kids to use and if they don't want them i give them to friends

Frankly I'm surprised so many lowers are available. Is that what I'm hearing in this thread? It wasn't always this way was it? During the 80's, 90's, even the early Tubby years?

Many factors are in play with the changing dynamics these days but cost vs the vastly improved home experience has to be at the top.

To me Rupp is awkwardly boring these days unless it's a big game.

I been going for years empty seats in November and December has been happening since the Tubby era. We’ve had empty sections too in the uppers at and around the student section.

I know for a fact they lie about the attendance I seen it with my own two eyes. It’s only going to get worse we need the cupcakes, look at last year. It build confidence and gets the team off to a better start. That’s just the way it is I’d rather look at empty seats than suffer through another horrific season.

I’m fine with the way it is I just wish they stop lying about the numbers just call it like it is like Cawood use to do

I been going for years empty seats in November and December has been happening since the Tubby era. We’ve had empty sections too in the uppers at and around the student section.

I know for a fact they lie about the attendance I seen it with my own two eyes. It’s only going to get worse we need the cupcakes, look at last year. It build confidence and gets the team off to a better start. That’s just the way it is I’d rather look at empty seats than suffer through another horrific season.

I’m fine with the way it is I just wish they stop lying about the numbers just call it like it is like Cawood use to do
It's been going on longer than that. We saw UK v Morehead when Dick Fick was coaching Morehead back in the mid 90's in early December. We were in the upper deck and there wasn't anyone within 30 feet of us. It was actually kind of nice.

Any luck?
Thanks for asking. I left her a message at 9:00AM. Tried again at 2:00- but no luck. Perhaps she was out today. I plan on calling every single day lol! My seats aren’t the worst, but man do I want to get below row T in the uppers.

The K fund keeps going up and the home games get crappier.

I love Cal, but our best games are played on neutral sites.

We usually only get only 1 premiere home game a year. Even our football team gets 2 or 3 really good home games.

Reactions: CB3UK and UKortho
Unbelievable how Cal has ***driven*** down season ticket values over his tenure.

He filled out the form Monday. Will we really not even be close to selling out a game besides UofL?

I highly doubt there is an actual lottery.
Maybe you could luck out and score some hockey tickets, their still strong in canuckland. LOL

Not just happening at UK, but campuses all around the nation. I feel like folks are still scared of being indoors with 20,000 people and frankly, I don’t blame them. I just found out this morning I tested positive for COVID and at 64 years old…it’s very frightening.
Sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself and prayers are with you.

With my work schedule now it would t make sense for me to get them, but I've felt for many years now it's not worthwhile to me.

A lot of the reasons have been discussed, but one big reason, and it may seem stupid, but it just doesn't feel the same to me going to all the games. When I walk in to Rupp, I want to feel goosebumps and that impending excitement of getting to see the Cats. Going to a few games a season I get that, but going to 10 or so, I dunno, I just found that I didn't enjoy it or value the experience as much.

Just hadn't seen that pointed out. Realistically if I didn't have other more pressing expenses, I'd get a pair and just give out a lot to friends and family.

Truth be told I enjoy going to the bar where the crowd is rowdier and more apt to yell and holler. It's more fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT