ADVERTISEMENT

My assumption with Pope on Cals players

wobycat

Sophomore
Sep 1, 2003
I think the recruits are fair game but I don’t think he’s pressing hard on the holdovers. Pope probably keeping it classy on that angle.

I think the recruits are fair game but I don’t think he’s pressing hard on the holdovers. Pope probably keeping it classy on that angle.
He met with Z, he's been in touch e Reed, he is shirking his responsibility if he isn't trying to to get those giys

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
Yeah I believe Pope knows he can bring in anyone to replace the Cal players without worry.

Reed being the exception. Maybe Thiero and his energy and toughness.

Reactions: KFuqua
I will still have a sliver of hope that Thiero comes back until an official announcement is made otherwise. A Junior Thiero and experience playing on the Kentucky stage has huge advantages.

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
In order to change the one and done mind set at Ky Pope almost has to get rid of almost all of Cal's recruited players who came in with that in mind. That may be why Big Z is going. You don't want that OAD talk in the locker room. Just an idea.

Reactions: KyLegacy
In order to change the one and done mind set at Ky Pope almost has to get rid of almost all of Cal's recruited players who came in with that in mind. That may be why Big Z is going. You don't want that OAD talk in the locker room. Just an idea.
That is likely true. But we also have to be careful not to over-correct. We still want players in our program with NBA dreams and NBA talent. It will be at the same time a tough and delicate dance to find players that fit that mold that are not just 1-year rentals like we had under Calipari.

Reactions: JC CATS
Pope will still recruit one and fones. Do you think he takes a flyer on a Davis, Cousins, Towns, Wall?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT