ADVERTISEMENT

MVP for today's game?

I'ma go with Travis as well. Expecting another big rebounding game, just gotta find his offense.

I'ma go with Travis as well. Expecting another big rebounding game, just gotta find his offense.

I think, his key is interior passing.

We have better scorer than Travis. If he can use his rebound to get the ball to shooters, he can easily have MVP type game.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
I think, his key is interior passing.

We have better scorer than Travis. If he can use his rebound to get the ball to shooters, he can easily have MVP type game.

He can have a lot of assists this year. They've been double teaming him a lot, he's grabbing rebounds on both ends.

He can find guys out of the double team, he can kick it out off the offensive rebound, he can send on the long pass off a defensive rebound to start the break like Kevin Love did at UCLA. That sort of thing helps his draft stock a good bit too if he figures it out.

Today's mvp.... somebody in the post... or maybe somebody on the perimeter. Its a toss up. This team has got the talent.

I'll go with Quade. I've been most impressed with Richards though. His offense has be fantastic, he just needs a little more on the Defensive end and he will be amazing.

Keldon Johnson is ready to go off. He’s shown flashes of it thus far. He will have a great game today.

I reserve the right to say I probably just jinxed him if he finishes with 2 points and 5 turnovers.

Reactions: chroix and WildMoon
Keldon Johnson is ready to go off. He’s shown flashes of it thus far. He will have a great game today.

I reserve the right to say I probably just jinxed him if he finishes with 2 points and 5 turnovers.

Haha I was going to take the blame of jinxing him but I'll pass it on to you! :sunglasses:

Reactions: ConRay9
Personally, i think it needs to be Washington. I know they're glorified scrimmages, and our team is loaded, but my biggest complaint with Washington his first year is while he played well enough, he could be SO much more. Hes 6'8 and 230lbs with long arms. He should be grabbing more than 4 rebounds playing 25 minutes in a game. He needs to come out and go for 16 and 9 and 2 or 3 blocks tonight.

He needs to have a game like he had against Kansas State before this 4 game stretch is over. Ive seen Travis grab 14 rebounds, Ive seen Nick score 19, Ive seen Hagans smother the ball and Ive seen Herro shoot the lights out, literally. I need Washington to go out and crack some skulls. I think tonight's that night.

Keldon has been playing well already. It’s going to be very very hard for cal to not have Johnson and Herro out there at the same time. Especially if Herro continues to shoot the way he has been. I don’t expect that to change much when the season starts. The beautiful part is we haven’t even seen baker yet and I hope he’s ready to play when the season starts. He’s supposed to be better than both of them which is crazy. The other thing is Herro doesn’t strike me as a oad, even though he’s playing like one. If Herro were to return next yr, he would start at the 2 or the 3 even with Whitney, Herro is that good.

Ps
Thanks Wisconsin

It feels nice having a kid that has puke type player written all over him. He will be every bit as good as Benedict kenard was, but cal will not force him to return like k does with players

I look for either Herro, or Johnson to have the most points... I don't know who will be the MVP though, but how can you dismiss either of these two guys, especially Herro...

Keldon has been playing well already. It’s going to be very very hard for cal to not have Johnson and Herro out there at the same time. Especially if Herro continues to shoot the way he has been. I don’t expect that to change much when the season starts. The beautiful part is we haven’t even seen baker yet and I hope he’s ready to play when the season starts. He’s supposed to be better than both of them which is crazy. The other thing is Herro doesn’t strike me as a oad, even though he’s playing like one. If Herro were to return next yr, he would start at the 2 or the 3 even with Whitney, Herro is that good.

Ps
Thanks Wisconsin

It feels nice having a kid that has puke type player written all over him. He will be every bit as good as Benedict kenard was, but cal will not force him to return like k does with players

He has played well! I wouldn't be shocked to see him go for 25 today. I'm actually hoping he does do that because I think he can be an essentially un-guardable weapon if he reaches his potential. I want to see him continue to make strides towards that potential.

Herro has been an extremely pleasant surprise to say the least. If he can maintain any semblance of this offensive ability we won't have any issues scoring the ball. We can now score down low, from mid-range, from the perimeter, and in transition. We're going to absolutely blow teams out.

For the first time in a long time I'm not going to be hyper-focused on our offense. I'm going to use my time to focus more on the defensive end. We've got defensive stoppers in Hagans and Johnson. I want to see another two players, at least one, make a big jump on the defensive side.

He has played well! I wouldn't be shocked to see him go for 25 today. I'm actually hoping he does do that because I think he can be an essentially un-guardable weapon if he reaches his potential. I want to see him continue to make strides towards that potential.

Herro has been an extremely pleasant surprise to say the least. If he can maintain any semblance of this offensive ability we won't have any issues scoring the ball. We can now score down low, from mid-range, from the perimeter, and in transition. We're going to absolutely blow teams out.

For the first time in a long time I'm not going to be hyper-focused on our offense. I'm going to use my time to focus more on the defensive end. We've got defensive stoppers in Hagans and Johnson. I want to see another two players, at least one, make a big jump on the defensive side.
Good call, I think Quickley, Herro, and green are our best mid range jump shooters. Quickley hit quit a few mid range jumpers in the first two games. That shot is a lost art because most guys want to take it a few feet back and shoot for three. It’s nice having shooters on this team that will take shots 15 ft out and hit them all day if the 3 is not there

Good call, I think Quickley, Herro, and green are our best mid range jump shooters. Quickley hit quit a few mid range jumpers in the first two games. That shot is a lost art because most guys want to take it a few feet back and shoot for three. It’s nice having shooters on this team that will take shots 15 ft out and hit them all day if the 3 is not there

Those shots are very important in busting zones. You're right, we've got a couple guys capable of nailing it. Even some of our big guys can extend out. It's refreshing have a team full of guys that can just shoot. Having guys that can drive is nice, but when that's all they can do it can get old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT