ADVERTISEMENT

Multivitamins/Supplements for general health - Yay or nay, recommendations?

Yep. Around that age, things just start to go bad for no good reason. Also, hereditary diseases/disorders usually have very little to do with diet.

But folks will fall out of a tree to tell you how to treat a problem they've never had to deal with.

I juice at least once/week and have been since 2012. Have seen stretches of months where my only caloric intake was from raw veggies. Multiple juice fast weekends, probably 1 about every 6-8 months on average in that span. I haven't drunk alcohol or smoked a cigarette in over 5 years. I don't drink soda. I don't eat much meat at all outside of chicken and fish. I could not tell you the last time I had a piece of red meat aside from the occasional burger. I have no desire for it anymore, either. I don't eat many sweets and I try to avoid sugar in general like the GD plague. This 'diet' and increased exercise (basically walking 3 miles/day and doing just enough cardio to elevate my heart rate for 15 minutes/day) over the course of the first year alone actually helped me to drop 50lbs, improve every aspect of my health and get ulcerative colitis into remission... but the Chron's will. not. go. away. Regardless of what I try and I'm all out of homeopathic tricks.

But, I do enjoy the takes from the Paddock doctors.

You have ulcerative colitis AND Crohn's (note the correct spelling)?

You have ulcerative colitis AND Crohn's (note the correct spelling)?
I did. Not anymore. Just Crohns. And it's mostly relegated to food/bev sensitivities, which is why I eat like Ido.

Original diagnosis was diverticulitis (b/c my father and GF both had it an they just assumed that's what it was). But, after first scope and biopsies, they verified it as UC. It got better over the next year, butI began to develop symptoms of Crohns, which runs on my mom's side of th family. Second colonoscopy and blood test confirmed markers for crohn's, no markers or visual manifestation of UC. Just had my 3rd colonoscopy since 2011 back in August and still just crohns markers. UC still in full remission due directly to raw juice and Apriso.

Like... I can't eat onions anymore. Any onions. Not cooked, not raw, not onion powder, onion salt, dried onions, lipton soup, ingredients in spices/rubs/sauces. Whole onion family, too. No chives, no scallions, no GARLIC. It'll **** me up for a week, fetal position in bed for most of that.

I did. Not anymore. Just Crohns. And it's mostly relegated to food/bev sensitivities, which is why I eat like Ido.

If you had UC, you still have UC. It doesn't go away, though it can go into remission.

Original diagnosis was diverticulitis (b/c my father and GF both had it an they just assumed that's what it was). But, after first scope and biopsies, they verified it as UC. It got better over the next year, butI began to develop symptoms of Crohns, which runs on my mom's side of th family. Second colonoscopy and blood test confirmed markers for crohn's, no markers or visual manifestation of UC. Just had my 3rd colonoscopy since 2011 back in August and still just crohns markers. UC still in full remission due directly to raw juice and Apriso.

What do you mean by symptoms of Crohn's? And how are/were they different from symptoms of UC?

Having both UC and Crohn's is possible but quite rare, with maybe a handful of people in the entire state of Kentucky having both. Often it's Crohn's that was initially misdiagnosed as UC, but was really Crohn's all along. Or else it's what's called 'indeterminate IBD,' where it has some features and markers of each, but that's not quite the same as having both simultaneously.

Have you had any tests done of your small intestine? Like MRIs, CT scans, or capsule endoscopy?

What specific blood tests and biopsy results made the docs think it was Crohn's the second time around?

Apriso is a good med for mild-to-moderate UC, but if you truly have Crohn's in addition to (or instead of) UC, it's not very effective for that. Stronger meds are needed for Crohn's in all but mild cases.

Like... I can't eat onions anymore. Any onions. Not cooked, not raw, not onion powder, onion salt, dried onions, lipton soup, ingredients in spices/rubs/sauces. Whole onion family, too. No chives, no scallions, no GARLIC. It'll **** me up for a week, fetal position in bed for most of that.

Not being able to eat onions doesn't have much to do with having UC or Crohn's, except to the extent that people with IBD are more likely than other people to have overlapping IBS in addition to their IBD. But your food sensitivity to onions, chives, garlic, etc is probably more an IBS issue with fructans (FODMAP digestion or lack thereof) than it is an IBD problem.

For what it's worth, I can't handle onions at all either, or bell peppers.

meh

I don't care about opinions as much as I do the logic, experience and reasoning behind them or who's stronger or better looking... b/c i'm probably the best looking and other people read your posts obviously not just those they are addressed to.

so yeah, keep posting bbn brethren

Reactions: Willy4UK
0.0% chance of that.
Listen bubba, you’ve lost. I put the dancing happy guy at the end of mine which sealed the deal. Try another forum, you tried this one and it didn’t work out.

Also, you’re a vegan. Everyone hates vegans besides vegans. Head over to your compost pile, plant some celery and look up a video or two on how to be a man. You’ll get there, kid.

Thanks, bro.

I'll tell my Indian colorectal of the past 7 years that some dude on Cat Paw rediagnosed me at 1:30am on the netz and his services will no longer be needed.

You couldn't refute anything I wrote, so you resort to calling out the time of the post?

Do I need to introduce you to the concept of time zones? Hint: Not everybody on here lives in Kentucky.

But now that you mention you're seeing an Indian colorectal surgeon instead of a GI who specializes in IBD, I understand how you're so confused about what you actually have.

Listen bubba, you’ve lost. I put the dancing happy guy at the end of mine which sealed the deal. Try another forum, you tried this one and it didn’t work out.

Also, you’re a vegan. Everyone hates vegans besides vegans. Head over to your compost pile, plant some celery and look up a video or two on how to be a man. You’ll get there, kid.

I think Coach-2 is a great guy especially him being Vegan. Well because, except for California Vegans, Vegans are the best people on the planet.

99% of the meat eaters i know basically are horrible human beings and they smell bad, Rogue. You have a choice here man. Continue to eat meat and burn in hell or eat plant based and be saved. Your choice. Choose wisely.

Come on Willy, you’re better than this. Everyone hates vegans. They’re the crossfitters of food and everyone loves food.

It’s the old joke, if you meet someone and they’re vegan and do CrossFit which one do they tell you about first?

I don’t want to burn in Hell but I think it’s worth it for this.

————————

That’s my line in the sand Willy. Cross that thing and there WILL be repercussions.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Yep. Around that age, things just start to go bad for no good reason. Also, hereditary diseases/disorders usually have very little to do with diet.

But folks will fall out of a tree to tell you how to treat a problem they've never had to deal with.

I juice at least once/week and have been since 2012. Have seen stretches of months where my only caloric intake was from raw veggies. Multiple juice fast weekends, probably 1 about every 6-8 months on average in that span. I haven't drunk alcohol or smoked a cigarette in over 5 years. I don't drink soda. I don't eat much meat at all outside of chicken and fish. I could not tell you the last time I had a piece of red meat aside from the occasional burger. I have no desire for it anymore, either. I don't eat many sweets and I try to avoid sugar in general like the GD plague. This 'diet' and increased exercise (basically walking 3 miles/day and doing just enough cardio to elevate my heart rate for 15 minutes/day) over the course of the first year alone actually helped me to drop 50lbs, improve every aspect of my health and get ulcerative colitis into remission... but the Chron's will. not. go. away. Regardless of what I try and I'm all out of homeopathic tricks.

But, I do enjoy the takes from the Paddock doctors.

Processed sugar is my nemesis. If I get aggressive about it and cut out all foods with processed sugar while working out moderately, I can cut 15-20lbs pretty quickly. My problem is, my wife and kids act like it's one of the four main food groups and it's ALWAYS around the house. Before I met my wife, I hardly ate sugar, now it's all over the place. It's not just cake, cookies and pie that you see sugar in, it's added in everything.

Reactions: FusterCluck
Processed sugar is my nemesis. If I get aggressive about it and cut out all foods with processed sugar while working out moderately, I can cut 15-20lbs pretty quickly. My problem is, my wife and kids act like it's one of the four main food groups and it's ALWAYS around the house. Before I met my wife, I hardly ate sugar, now it's all over the place. It's not just cake, cookies and pie that you see sugar in, it's added in everything.
Yeah, candy is my weakness. Quitting sugar was harder than quitting smoking or drinking for me. But, like you say, you can never really quit it b/c it's everywhere. We're all unknowingly addicted to it.

Come on Willy, you’re better than this. Everyone hates vegans. They’re the crossfitters of food and everyone loves food.

It’s the old joke, if you meet someone and they’re vegan and do CrossFit which one do they tell you about first?

I don’t want to burn in Hell but I think it’s worth it for this.

————————

That’s my line in the sand Willy. Cross that thing and there WILL be repercussions.

hahahahaha

Been reading a lot about the positive effects of Probiotic foods. Anyone taking this supplement? Aside from Sauerkraut, I don't like much of the foods, so I wanted to find a good pill form, but no idea where to start or what's reputable.

Been reading a lot about the positive effects of Probiotic foods. Anyone taking this supplement? Aside from Sauerkraut, I don't like much of the foods, so I wanted to find a good pill form, but no idea where to start or what's reputable.

I take one Align probiotic every day. I started doing it a while back due to the fact that I was put on some antibiotics for a short period of time which (IMO) killed a lot of the "good" bacteria in my stomach and resulted in a really screwed up system. The Align seems to keep everything in order. If you really have a problem with your digestive system you can buy other probiotics that are a lot more powerful, they do get pricing on the high end.

I take one Align probiotic every day. I started doing it a while back due to the fact that I was put on some antibiotics for a short period of time which (IMO) killed a lot of the "good" bacteria in my stomach and resulted in a really screwed up system. The Align seems to keep everything in order. If you really have a problem with your digestive system you can buy other probiotics that are a lot more powerful, they do get pricing on the high end.

That's what I was reading on Reddit. People who had to take antibiotics really have their systems ruined. Some of them tried everything and found that Probiotics was the solution. Crazy to read their stories.

I've just been reading on their benefits. Everything from colon health to anxiety to skin health.

I wouldn't say I need probiotics, but I do have some mild skin conditions and just generally bad skin in general. SO I really just need a medium dosage at most. Probably not even that. But I heard the key is to get as many stains as possible, where as the total count isn't quite as important.

Align is the one you take? Any specific form or size?

That's what I was reading on Reddit. People who had to take antibiotics really have their systems ruined. Some of them tried everything and found that Probiotics was the solution. Crazy to read their stories.

I've just been reading on their benefits. Everything from colon health to anxiety to skin health.

I wouldn't say I need probiotics, but I do have some mild skin conditions and just generally bad skin in general. SO I really just need a medium dosage at most. Probably not even that. But I heard the key is to get as many stains as possible, where as the total count isn't quite as important.

Align is the one you take? Any specific form or size?

I think they only make one size - you can buy them on Amazon and you can read the package labeling there as well.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT