ADVERTISEMENT

Multivitamins/Supplements for general health - Yay or nay, recommendations?

How do you all feel about them? Recommendations for 44 year old male for general health?
Raw veggie juice, bro.

Otherwise, I take calcium and magnesium pills (Doc's orders).
I take a probiotic, omega3 and VitC chewy. I take turmeric pills b/c, wait for it, I ****ing hate the taste of turmeric, but love how it works.

Anybody with an issue with the supplements I take can see my doc for an appointment to kiss both our asses.

Reactions: ZenCatFan73
Hey I'm all about a vegan diet being healthier and I'm sure it has its advantages, but when you start talking about eating vegetables as a cure for Alzheimer's you start approaching flat earth status. You don't have to turn into a dumbass about it.

Reactions: roguemocha
Hey I'm all about a vegan diet being healthier and I'm sure it has its advantages, but when you start talking about eating vegetables as a cure for Alzheimer's you start approaching flat earth status. You don't have to turn into a dumbass about it.

Yep, maybe prevents Vascular dementia, but i haven't seen any evidence about preventing/curing Alz. Would love for it to be true

Wait a minute, you're telling me I can eat a diet rich in bacon and donuts AND get off this big gay earth sooner? lmao yea right, you gonna sell me some essential oils now. GTFO.

I want all this shit documented so when I'm 70 I can log on here to catpaw and see which one of you grass eaters is still kicking.

So the TWO vegetarian/vegans you know are skinny or overweight? Wow.

Like this guy?:

Or these guys?:

Oh so you’ve never heard of steroids or HGH or TRT? Cool, maybe look those up bud. It’s pretty well-known fact in the vegan bodybuilding world and the bodybuilding world in general.

Since I know vastly more than you on this subject I’ll throw you a bone. Look up Rob Bailey as a vegan example, someone who has gone vegan and is in great shape. But even he gained all that mass eating meat and then decided to go vegan once he was already 260.

Random YouTube clips of people saying stuff and likely selling you something doesn’t help your claims.

@coach-2 one more thing and I’ll leave you be, you do realize that without people eating animals and the fats from their bodies the human brain likely would’ve never developed into the amazing machine it is today. Scientists are linking the eating of meat to the development and increase in size of the brain. So thank an animal and then eat it.

@coach-2 one more thing and I’ll leave you be, you do realize that without people eating animals and the fats from their bodies the human brain likely would’ve never developed into the amazing machine it is today. Scientists are linking the eating of meat to the development and increase in size of the brain. So thank an animal and then eat it.

Vegan lifestyle is waaaay better than a meat diet. It's cognitive dissonance and meat eaters will rationalize anything they can to stay a meat eater. I can't tell people what to eat, but I sure as hell won't believe a word from a meat eater who tries to defend it. I know my body and I know how incredible it is since I made the change.

I'll still be shitposting on this site when I'm a 144 yrs young and disease free.

Rogue, and if you want to use some 20,000 yr old evolution "link" and not mention that meat exponentially increases someone's risk for heart and disease, cancer, diabetes then there is no way it's going to change your mind

Guy with heart disease,cancer, diabetes: "But but but meat made our brains bigger".

Willy, these studies that say that about meat aren’t comprehensive. Did they ask the people who eat red meat 5x a week what else they ate with it? Most of those people probably ate potatoes and cheese and grits and crap. Have they done studies on people that eat red meat with spinach and beets and kale etc? Nope, they haven’t. They just conclude if you eat red meat 5x a week or whatever you’ll get all these diseases.

Also, did they ask if those people worked out, exercised, took supplements? Nope because then they wouldn’t get the results they wanted.

I’m glad you feel better and should continue doing what makes you feel better and be a healthier you. But these studies they’ve done are garbage. They’re created to give the result that they’ve already decided they want.

They’ve been lying to us all on what creates cholesterol, diabetes and many other things. It’s not fats, fats are great for you. It’s not salt, salt is naturally occurring and an essential nutrient (obviously you can overdo anything).

I’m happy for you. But thinking eating meat causes all this is plain false. There are a lot more factors than just meat. It’s that people that generally eat red meat 5x/week are already sedentary, unhealthy, poor diet, lazy slobs.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Willy, these studies that say that about meat aren’t comprehensive. Did they ask the people who eat red meat 5x a week what else they ate with it? Most of those people probably ate potatoes and cheese and grits and crap. Have they done studies on people that eat red meat with spinach and beets and kale etc? Nope, they haven’t. They just conclude if you eat red meat 5x a week or whatever you’ll get all these diseases.

Also, did they ask if those people worked out, exercised, took supplements? Nope because then they wouldn’t get the results they wanted.

I’m glad you feel better and should continue doing what makes you feel better and be a healthier you. But these studies they’ve done are garbage. They’re created to give the result that they’ve already decided they want.

They’ve been lying to us all on what creates cholesterol, diabetes and many other things. It’s not fats, fats are great for you. It’s not salt, salt is naturally occurring and an essential nutrient (obviously you can overdo anything).

I’m happy for you. But thinking eating meat causes all this is plain false. There are a lot more factors than just meat. It’s that people that generally eat red meat 5x/week are already sedentary, unhealthy, poor diet, lazy slobs.

Remember the big penis too, lol

I eat tons of fats-HDL. Eat a lot of sodium too. Just saying that meat diets are not safe in any capacity. They are level, 1,2,3 carcinogens. When lifestyles go awry, the diets usually are taught to go to plant based. I know I am not going to convince you, as you have brought up good variables to the debate, but when in doubt plant base it out. There are very healthy people who have cholesterol problems that go onto develop heart disease and cancer. Genetic links get a rise in risk factors due to a meat diet.

I take a multi vitamin, vitamin d and Lipitor every day. I had my blood work done and found my vitamin d was crazy low, so I need to supplement. In my 20s and 30s, I would have been one of those saying “just eat healthy and workout”, I’m in my mid 40s now and it just doesn’t seem to be enough. I’d run a half marathon, have my blood work done and vitamin d would still be low and cholesterol was still high.

I was vegetarian for two years, just thinking I would try it out. I had my blood work done when on that diet, it helped a little, but still not enough to change the need for a few supplements. It got to be a royal pain trying to eat because of the lack of variety and taste. My first intro back into meat was a burger and I swear, it was the best damn burger in my life.

I take a multi vitamin, vitamin d and Lipitor every day. I had my blood work done and found my vitamin d was crazy low, so I need to supplement. In my 20s and 30s, I would have been one of those saying “just eat healthy and workout”, I’m in my mid 40s now and it just doesn’t seem to be enough. I’d run a half marathon, have my blood work done and vitamin d would still be low and cholesterol was still high.

I was vegetarian for two years, just thinking I would try it out. I had my blood work done when on that diet, it helped a little, but still not enough to change the need for a few supplements. It got to be a royal pain trying to eat because of the lack of variety and taste. My first intro back into meat was a burger and I swear, it was the best damn burger in my life.

You shoulda went full vegan, because vegetarian still allows for dairy and eggs (sky high in cholesterol)

Try a a Beyond Meat burger and get back with me. They are 100% plant based and taste fantastic. They even bleed like a burger.

Eggs are GOOD for you! Please don’t stop eating them folks, I eat 5/day and all my levels are perfectly within normal limits.

Eggs are GOOD for you! Please don’t stop eating them folks, I eat 5/day and all my levels are perfectly within normal limits.

Remember that eating one egg is the equivalent to smoking 4 cigarettes. Rogue, you're up to a pack a day

and they are at 60% cholesterol-LDL

“The risk of heart disease may be more closely tied to the foods that accompany the eggs in a traditional American breakfast — such as the sodium in the bacon, sausages and ham, and the saturated fat or oils with trans fats used to fry the eggs and the hash browns.” -Mayo Clinic

Again Willy, these studies that they put out about eggs don’t account for the foods people eat with it. It’s not a fair or unbiased study. It’s giving them the one nugget of info they want to make their point relevant.

Does anyone just eat eggs and nothing else in these studies? Probably not. They just ask if you eat eggs and they say yes. Then they check their cholesterol levels and hey would you look at that, their cholesterol is high....because they’re eating bacon, sausage, hash browns, a huge glass of sugar-filled orange juice, etc every day.

They aren’t having an spinach omelette with a banana and a cup of blueberries.

Remember that eating one egg is the equivalent to smoking 4 cigarettes. Rogue, you're up to a pack a day

and they are at 60% cholesterol-LDL
Thats 100% FALSE bud, take your What The Health Netflix documentary bullshit somewhere else my friend. That doc has been soundly debunked.

Thats 100% FALSE bud, take your What The Health Netflix documentary bullshit somewhere else my friend. That doc has been soundly debunked.

Nope. It got debunked by ties to a meat producing profit maker. Can't make any money if no one buys their drugs (eggs)

You know every vegetable and fruit contains carcinogens too, right?

How in the actual touch could anyone actually believe eating a touching egg is equivalent to smoking 5 cigarettes? I mean, if you actually believe that it’s because you want to believe it.

If we put two people in a room and one ate 4 eggs a day and the other smoked a pack a day, I wonder who would be healthier in 30 years.

Seriously, that doesn’t even pass any smell test.

Reactions: Willy4UK
You know every vegetable and fruit contains carcinogens too, right?

How in the actual touch could anyone actually believe eating a touching egg is equivalent to smoking 5 cigarettes? I mean, if you actually believe that it’s because you want to believe it.

If we put two people in a room and one ate 4 eggs a day and the other smoked a pack a day, I wonder who would be healthier in 30 years.

Seriously, that doesn’t even pass any smell test.

I know man. hahahahaha I didn't believe is either. I just wanted to argue for the sake of arguing

You didn’t disprove that our brains developed because of starting to eat fatty meats. In fact, it even said we ate just like other great apes for a long time. Wonder how we evolved and they didn’t?

I like that article in general but you probably shouldn’t quote a doctor from the website he himself created. Might be a little bias in there.

Be vegan my friend. Have at those veggies. I love them too. But I also didn’t have our species climb to the top of the food chain to try and eat 3000 calories worth of spinach a day.

I want to be muscular and strong without using steroids and that’s VERY difficult to do with only eating vegetables. For me, I’d rather live to be 80-90 and a big surly sonofabitch that live 100+ as a skinny bag of bones.

I’m from the Balkans, we ain’t got no non meat eating genes there. You see what they do to meat in Greek restaurants?

Irresistible.

But yeah, we are supposed to be eating nuts and berries.

Fruitarian-Humans.jpg

So we’re even? I’m okay with that. I’ll take some pecs, quads and sex with hot chicks with 10 less years of life over your spinach casserole for supper every night, low T and loneliness til 106.

So we’re even? I’m okay with that. I’ll take some pecs, quads and sex with hot chicks with 10 less years of life over your spinach casserole for supper every night, low T and loneliness til 106.
No not even. I'm not going to try to explain how you are wrong about basically everything. You are wasting my time. Enjoy your cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.

In my 20s and 30s, I would have been one of those saying “just eat healthy and workout”, I’m in my mid 40s now and it just doesn’t seem to be enough.

Yep. Around that age, things just start to go bad for no good reason. Also, hereditary diseases/disorders usually have very little to do with diet.

But folks will fall out of a tree to tell you how to treat a problem they've never had to deal with.

I juice at least once/week and have been since 2012. Have seen stretches of months where my only caloric intake was from raw veggies. Multiple juice fast weekends, probably 1 about every 6-8 months on average in that span. I haven't drunk alcohol or smoked a cigarette in over 5 years. I don't drink soda. I don't eat much meat at all outside of chicken and fish. I could not tell you the last time I had a piece of red meat aside from the occasional burger. I have no desire for it anymore, either. I don't eat many sweets and I try to avoid sugar in general like the GD plague. This 'diet' and increased exercise (basically walking 3 miles/day and doing just enough cardio to elevate my heart rate for 15 minutes/day) over the course of the first year alone actually helped me to drop 50lbs, improve every aspect of my health and get ulcerative colitis into remission... but the Chron's will. not. go. away. Regardless of what I try and I'm all out of homeopathic tricks.

But, I do enjoy the takes from the Paddock doctors.

No not even. I'm not going to try to explain how you are wrong about basically everything. You are wasting my time. Enjoy your cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
Youre 65, nothing wrong with that except you grew up in a generation that didn’t know about proper exercise, eating or even seat belts. My generation grew up with access and knowledge of all this type stuff so I’m going to go ahead and appreciate the fact I had a head start and likely way more research and knowledge than you grew up with, not your fault just saying.

My grandmother eats meat 3x a day, is 94 and still lives by herself and goes to the gym 3x a week. We’re good brother.

Are you saying we shouldn’t be eating meat or being facetious? Not sure.

Saying I like and eat meat, but we as a species probably don't need it... if we did, we'd probably have claws.

Haven't read entirety of this thread, but I don't think you'll get cancer and diabetes from meat as much as you will the smokey pancake syrup you call bbq sauce you slather it with.

Youre 65, nothing wrong with that except you grew up in a generation that didn’t know about proper exercise, eating or even seat belts. My generation grew up with access and knowledge of all this type stuff so I’m going to go ahead and appreciate the fact I had a head start and likely way more research and knowledge than you grew up with, not your fault just saying.

My grandmother eats meat 3x a day, is 94 and still lives by herself and goes to the gym 3x a week. We’re good brother.
Except I'm likely younger than you and have the science on my side. None of the things you believe about diet and health is backed by science. You're paleo, cross fit bro science is, well, horse shit.

Believe what you want, your science hasn’t proven shit. You’ve quoted some YouTubers and a doctor from a website he created. ANNNNND I’m still WAY better looking and in better shape than you. :cool2:

ADVERTISEMENT