ADVERTISEMENT

Mulder???

Mulder is 11 for 11 from the free throw line for the year. Why would you have Briscoe or Willis out there in the last 2 minutes of the game when it is becoming a free throw game and you have a guy shooting 100%? The fact that Mulder played good for the few minutes he was in there and didn't get a chance is one thing, but not having him in the game to have another good free throw shooter is beyond me.

Reactions: Primedfor9
Mulder is 11 for 11 from the free throw line for the year. Why would you have Briscoe or Willis out there in the last 2 minutes of the game when it is becoming a free throw game and you have a guy shooting 100%? The fact that Mulder played good for the few minutes he was in there and didn't get a chance is one thing, but not having him in the game to have another good free throw shooter is beyond me.

Mulder did play good while he was in and probably should've played more, but do you honestly think the only thing we needed the last 2 minutes were FT's? Do you people even watch the game?

Wrong. He gave up ONE.

Briscoe - 3
Monk - 3
Gabriel - 2
Mulder - 1
Bam - 1
Humphries - 1

Now, he probably would have given up more, but he didn't play after being taken out with 5 to go in the first half.

take it up with Cal my man.....thats the reason he didnt play the rest of the game.

Because of confidence. You don't put a guy with confidence issues in that situation.

We needed stops during the game. We couldn't trade shot for shot. We needed stops and I'm sorry but Mulder is not going to get you stops on the defensive end. Did you see the way he played against Florida when he got a lot of minutes? It was bad and you can easily see that he has a confidence issue. He was making bone headed mistakes, making turnovers, giving up easy points, and bricking layups. I didn't think I'd hear another word about Mulder's mins after that game but I guess I was wrong.

I`ve always have liked Willis and always will, but there was a 7-8 minute stretch tonight where he had no answer, And Vandy was going after him like a dog on a pork chop. To his credit he shook it off and done some good things down the stretch. Not counting shanking those three throws that could have all but ended it for us.

Mulder did play good while he was in and probably should've played more, but do you honestly think the only thing we needed the last 2 minutes were FT's? Do you people even watch the game?
I was referring to being up 7 after Monk hit the 3 and there was only 48 seconds left in the game. At that point of the game, its about perimeter defense and free throws. I would have Mulder out on the floor rather than Willis or Briscoe.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I was referring to being up 7 after Monk hit the 3 and there was only 48 seconds left in the game. At that point of the game, its about perimeter defense and free throws. I would have Mulder out on the floor rather than Willis or Briscoe.
Hard to bring a guy in who hadn't played since the 8 minute mark in the 1st half to shoot critical FT's. Plus no one other than Monk was going to the line in any instance. Give me Briscoe's D and rebounding over Mulder in that moment.

I like Mulder too and thought he did pretty well in the first half to help with the comeback from a 19 point deficit. But, in the 2nd half when we got down a dozen again we needed defensive pressure fullcourt and midcourt and I realize that's not Mulder's strong suit at all. He just didn't fit what we really needed at that point and I think Cal recognized that and decided to go with the guys who were getting the job done at that point with the defensive pressure that turned the game around. And, even Willis was contributing very well in that pressure style. That's my take on it anyway.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT