ADVERTISEMENT

Movie/TV Tropes that never happen in real life

I had a high school teacher who was mentally gone, had two strokes and had been hit by a car once or twice.

We jokingly tried to frame one of our classmates for cocaine, a short bearded guy who looked like an ewok named "Murph." We chopped up the lines of sweet n' low on his desk. Teacher came in and said "WHO'S SNORTING WHAT?!" She then dipped her finger into it to taste it and then raked it into the trash and said

"If it was the good stuff, I would've kept it."

You never knew what your grade was going to be because she didn't even know your name but that was hilarious to me at 16. So although not a cop, she still did the cop thing.
Did you go to western

This. And can you imagine how much ****ing noise that a fully grown adult man would make, crawling through sheet metal ducts would produce? I mean, it would sound like a construction project was going on. LOL
Sound travels through large ductwork like speakers. At work one day, a coworker and I were installing a vacuum loader on top of a large resin dryer that was located in an old elevator shaft. It was a real bitch kitty to get the bolt holes and the airlines all lined up and we were aggravated, using MF and F bombs along with other colorful words. Not shouting, mind you, but just at normal conversation levels. After a few minutes, our sweet, soft spoken department administrative secretary, Tracy came in and sheepishly said "guys, we can hear you in the conference room". There was an air intake just above our heads, and we were not only broadcasting to the VIP level people in the big conference room, but to the rest of the office and lab areas as well. One of the people in the conference room told us later that our banter was pretty entertaining.

• Haha
Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
* On Justified, Lexington to Harlan Co was like a 15 minute drive.

* On 24, Jack Bauer and his partner wheel up to a federal building to rush inside and there's a parking spot right at the entrance.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
How easy it is for characters to avoid being caught and just"escape" to some out of the way place.
"The Town" is a good example.
An armed robbery attempt of Fenway with machine gun fire on the streets of Boston would have been a top story worldwide.
They would have hunted Affleck 's character to the ends of the earth but somehow he escapes to a sleepy little town in Florida.
SOA had carnage routinely happening in little Charming CA seemingly flying under the radar of the rest of the civilized world.
SOA was comical. The shootouts where no one was ever hit.

The idea that Clay and the other guy could kill a fellow member’s wife and that just stands? C’mon.

In The Town, they killed Jem on the street. Affleck’s character only did the shoot out in the parking garage, right? Feds probably nab him eventually but I assume he could pay cash for some lake house and fake docs. Idk. I love that movie. 😂

Let’s keep this going

Dexter

I’ll tell you the point in which I quit watching. It was season six and Colin Hanks is the killer and apparently made this big painting of Dexter at the crime scene. None lf the detectives enter the crime scene as they are waiting for blood splatter forensics to come first so naturally Dexter could cover up the painting. 😂

Never mind that no cop ever has waited to enter a crime scene so forensics could see it first.

And the drive traveled through pretty much high country desert area. 🤣

Justified was filmed in Southern California IIRC
I at least liked the acting in Justified. It didn’t feel like a bad impression/mocking which is what most portrayal of Eastern Kentucky are like.

Reactions: Tskware
* On Justified, Lexington to Harlan Co was like a 15 minute drive.

* On 24, Jack Bauer and his partner wheel up to a federal building to rush inside and there's a parking spot right at the entrance.
24 is the ultimate response to this thread. Can be anywhere in 10 mins

Reactions: JDHoss
The scariest thing about the movie Halloween to me was that Illinois which has among the most fertile soils in the world, was a desert. Forget Michael Myers, the starvation is the concern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT