ADVERTISEMENT

Mounjaro/Ozempic weight loss

Asian countries like China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, etc = obesity rates in the low single digits.
Asian Americans, however, are over 25% obese.

Maybe they just shipped over all their weak, genetically pre-disposed fellow Asian over to America? Very strange.

It's diet, exercise, activity level, lifestyle. Taking drugs may work in the short term, and there certainly are extreme examples where a little kick start or boost can help, but nothing will work better in the long term than controlling your own health. Nothing. It's why the long term effects of gastric bypass and the like are extremely poor. You have to change the behavior.

I just hired an Asian American and he's fat AF. If there is one certainty in America today, we know how to make people fat

@cats2010 - I hope your wife gets to where she wants to be. I guess for me, I'm all too familiar with hearing how nothing works for my wife when I did it, to prove to her it will work, and that she isn't the human anomaly that can't lose weight. BBC.

Reactions: roguemocha
if you don't get enough protein while in Ketosis, your body will betray you. Your monkey brain doesn't like that.

I just hired an Asian American and he's fat AF. If there is one certainty in America today, we know how to make people fat

@cats2010 - I hope your wife gets to where she wants to be. I guess for me, I'm all too familiar with hearing how nothing works for my wife when I did it, to prove to her it will work, and that she isn't the human anomaly that can't lose weight. BBC.
Thanks she is getting there and i understand but men and women are very different in weight loss. I can lose weight at the drop of a hat with minimal effort, pisses my wife off 😂. Glad she’s starting to see some results no matter how it’s happening as long as it’s safe to do so which monjouro does have sone side effects but nothing major she’s dealing with.

Protein or carbs? Protein on keto is easy.
Protein. If you’re on an appetite suppressant, then you have to make sure you’re getting enough.

When I tried Atkins back in the day, I did not have this problem. I wanted to eat all the time. I wasn’t on a suppressant though.

Random thought about dieting --> I'm really dumb when it comes to food, and I mostly eat poorly. I take the very American approach of wrecking my body, then working my ass off to get in shape. Dumb.

Howevva.....when I do eat healthy, I keep things insanely simple. Like just eat completely raw, whole foods. No cooking. No mixing ingredients. No oils, sauces, dips, etc. I really do think a lot of people confuse themselves when they start cooking and mixing up lots of ingredients. By the time it's all done, you have almost no clue what's even in your meal.

It's definitely harder to drop weight as you get older but if you're dieting and working out with no success then you're doing something wrong. You just are, probably something simple. So much shit is marketed as healthy when it reality it's shoved full of sugar and calorie dense foods. Cliff Bars for instance.

For anyone struggling to lose weight, when trying, just plug your actual food consumed for a day or two in myfitnesspal. Make sure to count the 1 or 2 peanut butter cups, hand full of nuts, 3 cokes, snack cheese, etc.

Big problem for me is 2 kids with leftovers. Easy to throw down a few fish sticks, nuggets, or half a PBnJ without even considering it a meal.
Agree 100% with logging all of your food consumption. Many would be surprised at how many calories they consume.

Protein. If you’re on an appetite suppressant, then you have to make sure you’re getting enough.

When I tried Atkins back in the day, I did not have this problem. I wanted to eat all the time. I wasn’t on a suppressant though.

I think I'm misunderstanding. I don't know about a suppressant that puts your body in ketosis but I'd imagine that would be tough to keep up intake of anything. I used a lot of atkins snacks to get through the keto diet, mainly the alcohol sugars that semi-helped the sweet tooth cravings.

I'm talking about this wonder drug. Maybe I'm conflating more than one post, but I thought someone's wife was on it and didn't lose weight even in Ketosis.

Reactions: catlanta33
Sorry bud, life doesn’t work that way when you get older. My wife since hitting menopause has tried every single diet, starved herself to death, tried working out and could not lose a pound. She has been on monjouro for about 4 months now and has lost 20 pounds. I’m probably getting on myself here soon as my A1C has been between 6.5-7 for two years now and metformin wasn’t really working and I recently read where it destroys your kidneys so stopped taking it recently and now just take berberine.
Life does work like that, actually it’s been proven literally millions of times. She could always get on low dose Testosterone pellets that would really help, but diet and exercise is where it’s at. How did I eat and exercise myself from being a skinny #155 to 20 years later being #220 of solid muscle?

I’m on Test now but that’s only been a year and I’ve put on 10-15 pounds. Every single bit of the rest of the #50 was eating well and exercising a lot, it works the same way in the opposite effect for obese people.

Life does work like that, actually it’s been proven literally millions of times. She could always get on low dose Testosterone pellets that would really help, but diet and exercise is where it’s at. How did I eat and exercise myself from being a skinny #155 to 20 years later being #220 of solid muscle?

I’m on Test now but that’s only been a year and I’ve put on 10-15 pounds. Every single bit of the rest of the #50 was eating well and exercising a lot, it works the same way in the opposite effect for obese people.
Hell a lot easier to gain weight than to lose and even moreso the older you get. Best shape of my life when I turned 40 but 14 years later I can barely play half court basketball. Get back to me in another 15-20 years

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
Sorry you gave all your time to other things bubbers. But yea it’s true without children and whatnot it’s definitely easier, that being said everyone has time to workout, it’s just what you prioritize. I do have a “career” I just get paid to be at a gym and workout so advantage me I guess?

And I would say her supplementing with Test is way more proven and safe than whatever BS drug that is in no way natural you want her taking.

Of course you should eat right, exercise, get enough rest, etc… but we’re obviously dealing with situations where people haven’t done these things for years/decades. I guess we can continue telling people to do better but that shockingly doesn’t seem to be working.

Is the answer a shot? I don’t think so, but if that shot helps someone to lose 20 lbs and that weight loss leads them to having a bit more self confidence… to feel like walking a bit more… to want to eat a little better… to feel ok with even walking in a gym… I’m not going to crush them for it.

Also, if you’re ok with TRT for “helping” someone reach their fitness goals but not ok with a shot to help lose weight you’re being more than a bit disingenuous.

Hell a lot easier to gain weight than to lose and even moreso the older you get. Best shape of my life when I turned 40 but 14 years later I can barely play half court basketball. Get back to me in another 15-20 years
True, it is a lot harder as you get older, both physically but also time-wise with LIFE (kids, even grandkids, work, ect...) just leaves less time for the healthy things (exercise, cooking at home more than something just fast).

And yeah, I too loved playing 3/4 court (we had to use the side goals so top of 3pt line was maybe 2-3 steps from midcourt, because they converted one end of the full basketball gym into a workout machine area) indoor pickup basketball games at lunch (for about hour+) 3 days a week at an old job, doing it until I was about 45 at my old job (until they laid us ALL off). Not sure I could do that now (8 years later).

Different people just have different metabolism. When I was younger I was always playing basketball, racquetball, softball (all-out, not the beer in one hand crap), and other stuff. And I could go out w/ friends to get pizza or something, and I'd eat a slice or two (at most 3) and be full, and they would eat 6 or 8 slices (not exercising any more than me) and stay leaner. WTF.
Even now, my 120lb girlfriend is like "you don't eat much more than me". I never have. Everyone is different.
But yeah, there are things everyone can do (control on their own) to be healthier, but it's effects are variable.

Waiting to eat too long can be bad. Your body will start to burn muscle for calories.

Before my colostomy, I gained like 5 pounds while losing a few inches off my waist.

I'll have to wait before this heals, but I've only gained like 2 pounds while losing 2 inches off. Something like that.

Can't really do much without my core. Walking helps to gain muscle on legs.

Exercising is fun as hell and you feel amazing afterwards what’s not to like?

Also, Test is naturally in you and has been tested for decades. This stuff has not been tested for decades and is not naturally in you.

I’m fine with someone using either to get that bump but to say exercise and dieting for years doesn’t work is also disingenuous.

As I said, if anyone is obese it took YEARS to get there and will take YEARS to reverse. You can’t go 6 months to a year and be like welp, didn’t work, I’m not back to my college weight…. Yeah no doubt you’re not it’s going to take 5-10 years to be back there.

• Haha
Question are we planning on taking it forever?
I don’t think so rouge, probably just do the maintenance dose when I get to my BMI level and go from there. The tricky part will be what will the maintenance dose. My doctor said to go back to original but if I’m not satisfied then I can move up in the dosing to find the medium and stay on for as long as I want.
What it’s done is just awesome so far

While I will give people who are taking various forms of regulated or unregulated supplements and hormones shit for saying older, obese women should be able to lose weight naturally without the help of drugs (without having any specific medical knowledge), this is appalling…

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
The sub 40 year old steroid user lecturing anyone on lifestyle is hilarious.

You are low-t because you indulged in unprescribed steroids and wrecked your body

Question are we planning on taking it forever?
0859bf48298dd8d4e64afccbb46dde88.gif

For those of you with bodies that defy the laws of physics (e.g., gain weight no matter how little you eat / how much you workout), do you ever track your food intake and calories burned? What are the results? I started using a food tracker and dear god I ate a lot more than I thought.
Semen has a lot of calories.

For those of you with bodies that defy the laws of physics (e.g., gain weight no matter how little you eat / how much you workout), do you ever track your food intake and calories burned? What are the results? I started using a food tracker and dear god I ate a lot more than I thought.
Yep. I did it for years and now I still do it occasionally when I'm trying to lean up. Gotta plug in those calories every once in awhile if you're having issues.

You can add 1000 calories to your day without evening realizing by:

*eating a couple of your kids nuggets.
*booze
*salad dressing
*sweets
*over snacking on nuts(Wayne has this issue) or other calorie sense foods.
*cheese
*soda or sports drinks

Just casually grazing on those "healthy" items can still put you in a surplus pretty easily.

Having a couple young kids always having leftovers is hard to pass up.

Anth and Hank's hilarious jokes aside, the macronutrient view was pretty surprising to me as well. I would have assumed my diet was heavy protein when in fact it contains way too much fat. Trying to fix this imbalance right now.

Note: don't eat beef shortribs.

This has been my experience. The tracker app for food and exercise has been a life saver. Also, it makes exercise and food tracking fun.

I do this and had to buy a digital food scale to be even in the ballpark with weights. Some serving sizes are ridiculous just to make the product seem to have fewer calories.

I don’t think so rouge, probably just do the maintenance dose when I get to my BMI level and go from there. The tricky part will be what will the maintenance dose. My doctor said to go back to original but if I’m not satisfied then I can move up in the dosing to find the medium and stay on for as long as I want.
What it’s done is just awesome so far
Are you on this for just weight loss or for diabetic reasons? My wife has been taking monjouro for WL but found out this week that it is no longer covered by insurance for WL reasons. She spent all day yesterday researching a way to keep on it but to not avail thus far.

Edit: sorry misspoke. She said no longer covered without a prior authorization which telehealth will not issue. She is going to see if primary physician will issue that which certain she will as have tried numerous things without success but down 30 lbs last 6 months with monjouro. She would love another 10-15 before going to more of a maintenance type program or dosage.

Last edited:
Don’t expect it to come back around for WL. HcG is damn near impossible to get legally these days because they stopped letting people use it for WL.

• Haha
Reactions: Ron Mehico
Don’t expect it to come back around for WL. HcG is damn near impossible to get legally these days because they stopped letting people use it for WL.
I think they're just rebranding it under a new name from the same manufacturer. Too much money to pass up. I mentioned this to my doctor in passing and she said that's what was going on as by coincidence she is using it for weight loss. Fatties think this is a miracle drug I guess. She has slimmed down a lot, though.

Are you on this for just weight loss or for diabetic reasons? My wife has been taking monjouro for WL but found out this week that it is no longer covered by insurance for WL reasons. She spent all day yesterday researching a way to keep on it but to not avail thus far.

Edit: sorry misspoke. She said no longer covered without a prior authorization which telehealth will not issue. She is going to see if primary physician will issue that which certain she will as have tried numerous things without success but down 30 lbs last 6 months with monjouro. She would love another 10-15 before going to more of a maintenance type program or dosage.
2010 It’s my understanding that Mounjaro will successfully achieve its weight loss indication by the FDA in Q2 or early Q3 this year and Lilly has already began ramping up expansion facilities for production which is great news for many and its availability. I’ve got my skinny fingers crossed 🍺

^i don’t think we can say it’s “great news” yet, let’s give it 5+ years of people using it and see how many overdo it and die or just what happens with years of use.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT