ADVERTISEMENT

Most overrated, overhyped and overpaid =

You loved you some Joker and you love you some Cal. Evidently you are a UT or UTC fan and you enjoy watching UK lose because you love supporting coaches who are disastrous. I am now convinced you are a UT fan.
Wrong on all accounts Vandy. Because your team is abysmal this year your joy comes from a cats loss.

Wrong on all accounts Vandy. Because your team is abysmal this year your joy comes from a cats loss.
I always love being called Vandy by you since I have been posting here since the board began. All the knowledgeable posters on here know I grew up in Floyd County KY. I am sure you couldn’t name 2 Ky counties. You are a UK fan I suppose like I am honestly are you happy with seeing the UK basketball team wallow in mediocrity. Tell me how you can continue to enjoy no SEC titles and no series title contender. What are your expectations for UK basketball? Stop the Vandy silliness and I know you’re not a UT fan but tell me why you still support Cal.

Reactions: Dirt Court King
I always love being called Vandy by you since I have been posting here since the board began. All the knowledgeable posters on here know I grew up in Floyd County KY. I am sure you couldn’t name 2 Ky counties. You are a UK fan I suppose like I am honestly are you happy with seeing the UK basketball team wallow in mediocrity. Tell me how you can continue to enjoy no SEC titles and no series title contender. What are your expectations for UK basketball? Stop the Vandy silliness and I know you’re not a UT fan but tell me why you still support Cal.
I don't have to prove my fan hood to you but since you asked.....

My mom who I lost a couple of weeks ago to dementia was born and raised in Breathitt Co. and my dad who I lost 2 years ago was raised in Pulaski Co. Both were diehard UK fans. I attended many UK basketball camps and sent my son to them as well. I wanted to play for the cats but had to settle for smaller college ball.

I'm a UK fan by birth, not a Calipari fan. Do I hate him? No! I'm as pissed about the game tonight as anybody else for there's no excuse. I question a lot of what he does but I don't let him live in my head. I will support this team no matter what and that won't change when Cal leaves the program.

Last edited:

My mom who I lost a couple of weeks ago to dementia was born and raised in Breathitt Co. and my dad who I lost 2 years ago was raised in Pulaski Co. Both were diehard UK fans. I attended many UK basketball camps and sent my son to them as well. I wanted to play for the cats but had to resort to smaller college ball.

I'm a UK fan by birth, not a Calipari fan. Do I hate him? No! I'm as pissed about the game tonight as anybody else for there's no excuse. I question a lot of what he does but I don't let him live in my head. I will support this team no matter what and that won't change when Cal leaves the program.
You're definitely NOT as pissed about the game tonight as "anybody else."

My mom who I lost a couple of weeks ago to dementia was born and raised in Breathitt Co. and my dad who I lost 2 years ago was raised in Pulaski Co. Both were diehard UK fans. I attended many UK basketball camps and sent my son to them as well. I wanted to play for the cats but had to settle for smaller college ball.

Lost my mom to dementia 8 yrs ago. Only been back to Prestonsburg once since. The Breathitt County Bobcats used to be tough in basketball. UK fan by birth but started listening to Cawood about 1964 or at age 10. Did lots of high school basketball games for local radio stations later in Floyd county. UK fans deserve better.

Calipari wins just enough to never end up on the hot seat. It's amazing. Just enough. His team has beaten UNCheat and UofL this season and boosters are happy because of that. There is literally ZERO pressure on him, Barnfart or the university even after all of his fvckups. It's like he's made of Kevlar or something.

Calipari wins just enough to never end up on the hot seat. It's amazing. Just enough. His team has beaten UNCheat and UofL this season and boosters are happy because of that. There is literally ZERO pressure on him, Barnfart or the university even after all of his fvckups. It's like he's made of Kevlar or something.
I don’t entirely agree with this . There are boosters that are not at all happy about how the program is being run and the way the last few seasons have gone . But you are right, there is ZERO pressure on Cal . Mainly because of the contract Barnhart awarded him .

I don’t entirely agree with this . There are boosters that are not at all happy about how the program is being run and the way the last few seasons have gone . But you are right, there is ZERO pressure on Cal . Mainly because of the contract Barnhart awarded him .
You may or may not be right. I'm not convinced. As long as they have access to the coaches, players and that damn green room in Rupp before and after games, they're happy.
And besides, even if they aren't happy who are they going to complain to? Broke-dick Barnfart? HA! Calipari doesn't even talk to him. Plus, Calipari has that damned contract from hell that's like a perpetual get out of jail card. Calipari is like Tony Soprano without the personality.

You may or may not be right. I'm not convinced. As long as they have access to the coaches, players and that damn green room in Rupp before and after games, they're happy.
And besides, even if they aren't happy who are they going to complain to? Broke-dick Barnfart? HA! Calipari doesn't even talk to him. Plus, Calipari has that damned contract from hell that's like a perpetual get out of jail card. Calipari is like Tony Soprano without the personality.
The last part is what I’m saying. I know for a fact that the Krafts aren’t enamored with Calipari.

Besides Recruiting.... Honestly, what justifies Cal as a HOF coach? What are his coaching strengths?

Motivate/Inspire, Offense, Defense, Game planning/preparation, in game adjustments?
I struggle to recognize anything he does well.
A HOF coach at the University of Kentucky, should be renown for at least one of these coaching abilities.

Besides Recruiting.... Honestly, what justifies Cal as a HOF coach? What are his coaching strengths?

Motivate/Inspire, Offense, Defense, Game planning/preparation, in game adjustments?
I struggle to recognize anything he does well.
A HOF coach at the University of Kentucky, should be renown for at least one of these coaching abilities.
There was a NBA lockout that allowed him to keep talented upperclassmen along with an uber talented #1 recruiting class.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Do y’all seriously think Cal stays if he bombs out of the tournament (again)?

Reactions: NociHTTP
Do y’all seriously think Cal stays if he bombs out of the tournament (again)?
I don't think he will. There will be too many talking heads discussing the very fact that he couldn't win with all that talent. If any recruits actually ARE wanting to come to UK to win a title, that will surely change. I'd look for recruits to decommit if we quickly exit this year.

I don't think he will. There will be too many talking heads discussing the very fact that he couldn't win with all that talent. If any recruits actually ARE wanting to come to UK to win a title, that will surely change. I'd look for recruits to decommit if we quickly exit this year.
Most recruits care more about advancing to the NBA than winning. John's ego is such, he will not be ran out of town by fans/talking heads. Hope I'm wrong

No D on this team with 3 seven footers and no post up game inside, we live and die by the outside shot, Cal is not getting it done at coaching other than recruiting.

John Calipari. Most talented teams in America 1 title thanks to AD. Otherwise a flop.
I finally had to accept the fact that Calipari has been honest about his intentions of being UKs coach since he has been here. It has never changed and he coaches that way. He stated that he wanted to help make a difference in young men's life and maybe win a few national championships along the way.

He is not going to teach anything that's not done in the NBA (no zone, full court press, etc.). Winning at UK is secondary to his players making it in the NBA. He has to play Edwards so he doesn't lose recruits in the future (no other reason for him to get minutes). And yes he is a terrible coach when it comes to Xs and Os, game planning, and in game adjustments. That's why he has the worst home and tournament losses.

Obviously this is not what is best for UK but that's what we have. You can gripe about most everything he does. He won't listen and doesn't care. Once you realize this you won't need to become so invested in games until he is gone.

No D on this team with 3 seven footers and no post up game inside, we live and die by the outside shot, Cal is not getting it done at coaching other than recruiting.

I finally had to accept the fact that Calipari has been honest about his intentions of being UKs coach since he has been here. It has never changed and he coaches that way. He stated that he wanted to help make a difference in young men's life and maybe win a few national championships along the way.

He is not going to teach anything that's not done in the NBA (no zone, full court press, etc.). Winning at UK is secondary to his players making it in the NBA. He has to play Edwards so he doesn't lose recruits in the future (no other reason for him to get minutes). And yes he is a terrible coach when it comes to Xs and Os, game planning, and in game adjustments. That's why he has the worst home and tournament losses.

Obviously this is not what is best for UK but that's what we have. You can gripe about most everything he does. He won't listen and doesn't care. Once you realize this you won't need to become so invested in games until he is gone.
I don’t like to mention players names as I have a grand child who is a D1 athlete but I will say that for the most part players at every level are playing for their advancement and not a team. Loyalty is gone. The ease of transfer and NIL and NBA after 1 year has destroyed NCAA sports. They are now all semi pro. Players could care less about fans and titles. In Tennessee even high school players are getting NIL money and they are about to allow transfers without penalty

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT