ADVERTISEMENT

Most obnoxious encounter with a U of L fan?

Not a personal interaction, but a close one nonetheless:

UK/UL game at Rupp 2013-14. Buddy and I were sitting 4 rows from the top in Section 215. This is pre-renovation with bleacher seats in the entire upper arena.

Drunk ass, young, line bearded Cards fan comes up the steps flipping birds, throwing Ls and yelling “F Kentucky.” He was outnumbered several hundred to 2 up there, and talked so much trash while that game was competitive

As the second half wore on it became obvious they wouldn’t win, he got quiet and sad. He kept his head in his embarrassed girlfriend's lap for the last 3 minutes of the game. After the game was over the whole top of that section was trash talking him like crazy. Dude just snapped and started shoving people and spit at/on a UK fan who was a couple rows above him. UK fan hit him across the nose with a big forearm and sent him down a couple rows. Shortly after blue coats, yellow coats and real cops got up there and we left.

• Love
Reactions: J_Dee and Fox2monk
Not a personal interaction, but a close one nonetheless:

UK/UL game at Rupp 2013-14. Buddy and I were sitting 4 rows from the top in Section 215. This is pre-renovation with bleacher seats in the entire upper arena.

Drunk ass, young, line bearded Cards fan comes up the steps flipping birds, throwing Ls and yelling “F Kentucky.” He was outnumbered several hundred to 2 up there, and talked so much trash while that game was competitive

As the second half wore on it became obvious they wouldn’t win, he got quiet and sad. He kept his head in his embarrassed girlfriend's lap for the last 3 minutes of the game. After the game was over the whole top of that section was trash talking him like crazy. Dude just snapped and started shoving people and spit at/on a UK fan who was a couple rows above him. UK fan hit him across the nose with a big forearm and sent him down a couple rows. Shortly after blue coats, yellow coats and real cops got up there and we left.
God I wish that was on video

One of my favorites was watching the Sparks game winning FT game at Hooters. We went with a ton of friends from High School and a lot were IU and Louisville fans. They were giving it to the couple UK fans in our group all game, I’ve never felt so down and then so high in such a short span of time.

It’s not really a one time thing. It’s the endless ignorance of where they stand against Kentucky. See our friend that posted in the first page. Kentucky has beaten Louisville, mostly handily, in football for 6 straight years. Basketball isn’t worth talking about. They won 4 games a couple years ago and we absolutely own them year in and year out.

We could beat them thirty times in a row in any sport, and they’d still spout off like they are superior the following years. It’s what years and years of abuse has done to their fragile brains.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
It’s not really a one time thing. It’s the endless ignorance of where they stand against Kentucky. See our friend that posted in the first page. Kentucky has beaten Louisville, mostly handily, in football for 6 straight years. Basketball isn’t worth talking about. They won 4 games a couple years ago and we absolutely own them year in and year out.

We could beat them thirty times in a row in any sport, and they’d still spout off like they are superior the following years. It’s what years and years of abuse has done to their fragile brains.
I’ll give ul fans credit, they are the eternal optimists when it comes to the UK/ul rivalry. Every single year it’s the same thing: talk a lot of crap and puff their chests out, lose to UK, radio silence from them for a couple weeks, come back to act like the game wasn’t a big deal, then start the cycle over again.

Reactions: JimboBBN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT