ADVERTISEMENT

Morris suspended from kansas

If it can happen with nothing happening to Alabamas star player why will it for ku?

They'll rethink the suspension

As a Kansas fan it seems pretty unanimous so far that he should be let go from the program. This was a second chance after his Texas “misdemeanor” bullshit. You’d think a smart kid would walk in the straightest line possible after ANY accusation. When it happens more than once it’s no coincidence regardless of what he ends up being charged with. Don’t want him around even if he was going to be a stud on the floor.
Self is obviously a great coach but it floors me how he continually recruits these type of players. I get wanting to stack talent and that’s how he is good year after year. At some point somebody in that institution has to say enough. There has to be some talented guys that he can find in high school/D2/JUCO that he finds under the radar that aren’t such bad character guys.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out because it happened at their players housing complex and this was in the article.

KU men’s basketball players Johnny Furphy and Elmarko Jackson are listed on the incident report as witnesses. KU basketball’s Nick Timberlake is also listed, under “other.” A witness can be someone who “saw or heard the crime take place or may have important information about the crime or the defendant,” according to a U.S. Department of Justice definition. Although the witnesses may not have been there when the act took place.
The victim noted on the incident report is an 18-year-old Missouri woman, listed at 5-foot-3, 107 pounds.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out because it happened at their players housing complex and this was in the article.

KU men’s basketball players Johnny Furphy and Elmarko Jackson are listed on the incident report as witnesses. KU basketball’s Nick Timberlake is also listed, under “other.” A witness can be someone who “saw or heard the crime take place or may have important information about the crime or the defendant,” according to a U.S. Department of Justice definition. Although the witnesses may not have been there when the act took place.
The victim noted on the incident report is an 18-year-old Missouri woman, listed at 5-foot-3, 107 pounds.
Can comment on the other players based on word inside the program: Elmarko and Johnny both actively tried to stop Arterio before anything happened. This was not a them joining in “witness” label. They went out of their way to break things up multiple times. Arterio just sounds like a tool.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Can comment on the other players based on word inside the program: Elmarko and Johnny both actively tried to stop Arterio before anything happened. This was not a them joining in “witness” label. They went out of their way to break things up multiple times. Arterio just sounds like a tool.

That really doesn't mean much. I imagine they "are" innocent. But the team saying so doesn't mean anything to me. It would be far from the first time an organization was like "na our guys didn't punch that women.. "

If 3 other players were there, this could get very interesting.

I know I meant if the players saw it then it probably happened.

No one should be surprised at this happening at Kansas. Just looks what has happen there in years past.

Elmarko and Johnny tried multiple times to stop him but couldn’t? Morris must be one bad SOB!!

Reactions: RunninRichie
This is from the Kansas City Star. Until charges are filed, I doubt Kansas does anything major. I'm surprised he's even suspended since he hasn't been charged.

The case is still open, and Morris hasn't been arrested, nor has a warrant been issued for his arrest. The Douglas County District Attorney's office told The Star on Thursday: "At this time, the case has not been presented to our office for charging consideration".

Nothing To See Here GIF by South Park

• Haha
LOL. This post sounds like nothing but a Kansas fan's weaselly attempt at apologism because he's afraid that additional KU players might also be implicated.

If "Elmarko and Johnny" were in any position to prevent this rape but didn't, then they were also douchebags. Or are we to believe that Arterio is some superhuman force that no number of mere mortals can thwart? I don't wanna hear any nonsense about those two supposedly "trying" to do the right thing. They did NOT do the right thing. Period.

This is from the Kansas City Star. Until charges are filed, I doubt Kansas does anything major. I'm surprised he's even suspended since he hasn't been charged.

The case is still open, and Morris hasn't been arrested, nor has a warrant been issued for his arrest. The Douglas County District Attorney's office told The Star on Thursday: "At this time, the case has not been presented to our office for charging consideration".
There we go, it depends on how valuable he is to Ole Bill. Charges dropped, it was because it was consensual will be the next report. SMH

LOL. This post sounds like nothing but a Kansas fan's weaselly attempt at apologism because he's afraid that additional KU players might also be implicated.

If "Elmarko and Johnny" were in any position to prevent this rape but didn't, then they were also douchebags. Or are we to believe that Arterio is some superhuman force that no number of mere mortals can thwart? I don't wanna hear any nonsense about those two supposedly "trying" to do the right thing. They did NOT do the right thing. Period.

This is not what happened, I have no idea why this other Jayhawk fan even posted this. They were listed as witnesses because they were questioned due to proximity of their rooms to Arterio's room. The police questioned many people in the building, who are all considered witnesses until more info comes out.

Morris needs to be kicked out of KU. Where there is smoke there is fire, even if his most recent allegation didn't happen, too much BS with this kid. This goes back to Chris Beard and covering up issues with Morris while at Texas also. More will come out about his bad behavior.

This is not what happened, I have no idea why this other Jayhawk fan even posted this. They were listed as witnesses because they were questioned due to proximity of their rooms to Arterio's room. The police questioned many people in the building, who are all considered witnesses until more info comes out.

Morris needs to be kicked out of KU. Where there is smoke there is fire, even if his most recent allegation didn't happen, too much BS with this kid. This goes back to Chris Beard and covering up issues with Morris while at Texas also. More will come out about his bad behavior.
Good story, try it again, but this time, view it through that girl's parents eyes.

Just keep in mind, people involved in crimes get amnesia and claim they were at home in bed by 8:00 once the shit starts to hit the fan. If that was your daughter, or this happened at K-State, you would certainly be singing a different tune.

• Love
Reactions: deep3
Good story, try it again, but this time, view it through that girl's parents eyes.

Just keep in mind, people involved in crimes get amnesia and claim they were at home in bed by 8:00 once the shit starts to hit the fan. If that was your daughter, or this happened at K-State, you would certainly be singing a different tune.

Huh?

I was clearly explaining the the previous KU poster was typing out nonsense, and relaying what actually happened to as why the two other teammates were considered "witnesses".

Do you see in my post that Morris needs to be kicked out of KU? That there have been other issues covered up in the past.

If he did do what the allegations claim, then he should be tried by jury, and then sentenced.

If that was your daughter, or this happened at K-State, you would certainly be singing a different tune.

Jesus, guy...rape is horrendous anywhere. That's not fandom, being happy something so criminal happened at a rival's university. Why don't you read thru some of your own fans comments and see if that applies to them as well.

Huh?

I was clearly explaining the the previous KU poster was typing out nonsense, and relaying what actually happened to as why the two other teammates were considered "witnesses".

Do you see in my post that Morris needs to be kicked out of KU? That there have been other issues covered up in the past.

If he did do what the allegations claim, then he should be tried by jury, and then sentenced.

If that was your daughter, or this happened at K-State, you would certainly be singing a different tune.

Jesus, guy...rape is horrendous anywhere. That's not fandom, being happy something so criminal happened at a rival's university. Why don't you read thru some of your own fans comments and see if that applies to them as well.
I'm not talking about Morris, I'm talking about the other dudes that claim they weren't there and knew nothing. Come on now. If you were the father of that girl, you wouldn't let that slide until you l knew they were telling the truth.

I'm not talking about Morris, I'm talking about the other dudes that claim they weren't there and knew nothing. Come on now. If you were the father of that girl, you wouldn't let that slide until you l knew they were telling the truth.

Oh, I agree with you on that. Yes, I would exhaust everything as it played out. If I was not satisfied, then other actions are on the table.

Oh, I agree with you on that. Yes, I would exhaust everything as it played out. If I was not satisfied, then other actions are on the table.
Yeah man, I have 2 daughters, I would be absolutely livid if this happened to either of them. I damn sure wouldn’t have the patience for the old "I don't know", "I didn't see anything", or "I don't remember" excuses.

Heck, one of them went to Michigan State for 4 years, with the reputation MSU has, I feel like I need to make sure nothing happened. Seems like it's a daily occurrence over there.

Yeah man, I have 2 daughters, I would be absolutely livid if this happened to either of them. I damn sure wouldn’t have the patience for the old "I don't know", "I didn't see anything", or "I don't remember" excuses.

Heck, one of them went to Michigan State for 4 years, with the reputation MSU has, I feel like I need to make sure nothing happened. Seems like it's a daily occurrence over there.
As a dad also with 2 daughters, I hear you. The rage I believe I would have if anyone did this, or worse, would be unbelievable and I know I would struggle with not taking the "law" into my own hands. It's just not something I think I could manage without ending up in prison myself.

I have a 2yr old little girl myself. If she happens to find herself in a situation like this one, I would slaughter anyone involved and smile in my mug shot.

This crap is way beyond sports and it is embarrassing as a fan of the program, or any program, where it happens.

MSU and the state itself is turning into a hellhole. Idk what’s in the water up there but Detroit has infected that whole state now.

Reactions: UK90
I have a 2yr old little girl myself. If she happens to find herself in a situation like this one, I would slaughter anyone involved and smile in my mug shot.

This crap is way beyond sports and it is embarrassing as a fan of the program, or any program, where it happens.
Idk why Self continues to recruit questionable players like him. We literally make a post about this dude when he transferred there. We all knew he would do something dumb. It happens way too often for you all.

MSU and the state itself is turning into a hellhole. Idk what’s in the water up there but Detroit has infected that whole state now.
I still have a lot of family up there, but the wife and I moved back to KY in 2015. We were just done with the long ass winters up there. But I love Michigan, it's a great place to live 3 out of 4 seasons.

I still have a lot of family up there, but the wife and I moved back to KY in 2015. We were just done with the long ass winters up there. But I love Michigan, it's a great place to live 3 out of 4 seasons.
Just like Cali. Great weather most of the year but the government there is insufferable

Reactions: kyjeff1

A witness can also be someone say Morris said something like this to "I think this girl is psycho and going to claim assault" or witnessed Morris coming home late. A witness does not have to have factual knowledge of an alleged crime.

I feel like Kansas basketball owes its entire success to "he said she said" scenarios lol.

Other teams are hoping that 3 pointer goes in.. Kansas is just hoping that women's black eye came from someone else..

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
I was overseas on vacation and saw the article on my KU news feed. If there ever becomes enough evidence to charge him, he should be gone. If it is a false accusation, then he shouldn't because it becomes a he said/she said.
Lol. The last time Morris punched out a woman, he manipulated the system for months claiming ‘he said she said’ then sleazeball Self signed him. Then —of course —HE PLEADED GUILTY.

That’s the Kansas playbook and this won’t be any different. Try to bully and intimidate the woman, stall the legal process and don’t even consider the morality of playing a serial woman abuser.

It’s what Self did with Carlton Bragg and Josh Jackson and Lagerald Vick and Silvio DeSousa and on and on.

It’s why everyone considers Kansas a dirty program that no one respects (well, that and the NCAA citing it for loss of institutional control and labeling Self a liar and a cheater.)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT