ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou postseason banned 2019-2020

DOH! Good news is that's one less team we will have to overcome in the bowl selection pecking order. but then Ole Miss gets added back into the mix next year so maybe not.

holy hell should Mizzou BE KICKED OUT out of SEC? I mean you haven't been in the sec 10 YEARS and your already making the league look bad?
IMO the bastards must go.
Replace them with an old original, Georgia Tech Or a southern school like TEXAS. Texas has always belonged in the SEC imo.

This may explain why Barry Odom was previously speculated to be looking at other jobs like Louisville.

Wonder if their upperclassmen would be allowed to transfer without penalty?

Reactions: CB3UK
Would be interesting to know if Missouri was honest with Kelly Bryant about what was coming down the pipe.

Maybe it didn't matter to him because he couldn't care less about playing in the Pringles Bowl. If he does well enough he might have sat out to prepare for the pros anyway.

Reactions: G8RSRULE
holy hell should Mizzou BE KICKED OUT out of SEC? I mean you haven't been in the sec 10 YEARS and your already making the league look bad?
Replace them with an old original, Georgia Tech Or a southern school like TEXAS. Texas has always belonged in the SEC imo.

Guys per my memory we didn’t get kicked out in the 80’s or back when we got banned under Rupp so maybe we need to give Mo the same considerations

Reactions: pumpedupcats
What would Georgia Tech bring to the SEC?
Why would Texas want to leave the Big 12?

Reactions: CB3UK and 59DAWG
I could see Bryant leaving but his school options are going to be a lot thinner this time. Would think he’d head to Arkansas with Morris but they already took the SMU transfer. Maybe Neal gives him a call at WVU, also wouldn’t be surprised to see UL get involved if he tries to bolt

I could see Bryant leaving but his school options are going to be a lot thinner this time. Would think he’d head to Arkansas with Morris but they already took the SMU transfer. Maybe Neal gives him a call at WVU, also wouldn’t be surprised to see UL get involved if he tries to bolt
Don't think WVU would take him after getting Kendall. UofL will probably try to reach out.

Georgia Tech will never be allowed back in the SEC as long as UGA and Bama are members. Neither will Louisville, Clemson, FSU or Miami.s s You don't know the reason Tech left do you? Lets say it was because of Bama and their creative way of signing more football players than everyone else could sign.

I’m presuming that Kendall sits out this year and as a grad transfer Bryant is immediately eligible
No way Kendall transfers somewhere just to sit out again. If he wanted to do that, he could have just stayed at OU.
Plus, he fought so hard to be able to be eligible immediately. You don't do that without the intention of playing year 1.

UNC or NC State from Carolina
Virginia or Virginia Tech from Virginia

Then we would have the entire south...

SEC would go hard after Oklahoma if they ever do look to add. They wanted them when they added Texas A&M and Mizzou.
That would be a big splash if you could get them...

Va Tech or Virginia could get you into the DC market....which would def expand the reach of the SEC Network and recruiting base.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
That would be a big splash if you could get them...

Va Tech or Virginia could get you into the DC market....which would def expand the reach of the SEC Network and recruiting base.

With the ACC network up and running ACC teams are on par with what SEC teams are getting, combine that with the huge buyout to get out of the ACC there isn't much motivation to leave

Texas passed on the SEC already. Doubt they ever become a member. They thought they were too good for the SEC

Hot take...

Kelly Bryant isn't that good. He had some of the best talent in the nation around him and the Clemson offense STRUGGLED to score against some average teams/

Yep, hes an above average QB when you add in all the intangibles but he's not a world beater. Fact is he went to Missouri for the playing time and to get better as a prospect for the NFL...he didn't go to win try and win a championship.

Hot take...

Kelly Bryant isn't that good. He had some of the best talent in the nation around him and the Clemson offense STRUGGLED to score against some average teams/

He could only complete short passes in one of the most dynamic offenses in football. If he couldn't do it there, he won't be doing at Mizzou

Yep, hes an above average QB when you add in all the intangibles but he's not a world beater. Fact is he went to Missouri for the playing time and to get better as a prospect for the NFL...he didn't go to win try and win a championship.

He may be an above average QB, but you think CU beats Bama with him? I am not so sire they do, ggranted Lawrence is exceptional, but it was his passing game that beat Bama, Bryant isn't,near the passer, imo.

SEC would go hard after Oklahoma if they ever do look to add. They wanted them when they added Texas A&M and Mizzou.
The SEC needs to be looking at adding UCF. They have really good football and basketball programs. They are the largest or second largest school in the country now. The school new, but has grown and is known to be one of the best universities in the country! It would be nice to see Florida have to play them every year too!

Go Big Blue!

The SEC needs to be looking at adding UCF. They have really good football and basketball programs. They are the largest or second largest school in the country now. The school new, but has grown and is known to be one of the best universities in the country! It would be nice to see Florida have to play them every year too!

Go Big Blue!

Hope this is satire.

Hope this is satire.
Not really. Beautiful campus, big time in sports, huge student body, Orlando is area is a huge TV market. I dont' know why it would be satire - unless you don't know anything about UCF. I live down here now - and I can tell you they have a much larger following than you would imagine!

Go Big Blue!

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Adding UNC would be worse than adding Louisville. Why would the SEC want to bring in a school that raised the bar for institutionally-approved broad-ranging academic fraud?

Reactions: TIE543
Florida holds the Veto, as we do if Louisville were proposed.

We will only reach out to new territory, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Virginia or West Virginia, in declining order of likelihood, IMHO.
The SEC needs to be in North Carolina or Virginia or both. Those are two truly southeastern states. However, they definitely are ACC schools too. West Virginia is just too small and the conference actually gains nothing from adding them - but WVU and UK rivalry would be a good thing.

Go Big Blue!

Reactions: The-Hack
Not really. Beautiful campus, big time in sports, huge student body, Orlando is area is a huge TV market. I dont' know why it would be satire - unless you don't know anything about UCF. I live down here now - and I can tell you they have a much larger following than you would imagine!

Go Big Blue!

I know UCF is quite large, has had good success recently and somewhat in the past. But I would think the SEC, if ever looking to add someone else, would be looking for a school with more long-term sustained success and prestige and would thus have many other schools near the front of the line.

I mean, if we're going mainly off enrollment, should we move FIU to the top of the line if they have a couple of awesome seasons in football?

One reason I thought it was satire because the UCF fans are so insufferable. Thought you were satiring what one of them might say.

Florida holds the Veto, as we do if Louisville were proposed.

We will only reach out to new territory, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Virginia or West Virginia, in declining order of likelihood, IMHO.

Yep, UF, UK, UGA, and Carolina all have veto power to keep a 2nd school from those states being admitted. I always heard it was an agreement between those 4 schools, which was all it took. Is that the story you heard Hack?

Reactions: fabcat and The-Hack
I know UCF is quite large, has had good success recently and somewhat in the past. But I would think the SEC, if ever looking to add someone else, would be looking for a school with more long-term sustained success and prestige and would thus have many other schools near the front of the line.

I mean, if we're going mainly off enrollment, should we move FIU to the top of the line if they have a couple of awesome seasons in football?

One reason I thought it was satire because the UCF fans are so insufferable. Thought you were satiring what one of them might say.

It's really hard to argue that UCF is not a top 10 team. Until their bowl game they had the longest win streak in the country, plus they were playing without their QB in the bowl. They would very likely be a top half SEC team, maybe higher.

Now I don't think all the things they are claiming will help them get in a P5 conference. Their claim that P5 teams aren't interested in playing them is valid, certainly not my idea of a cupcake ooc game.

Mizzou doesn't need the axe.

Poaching OK St or NC St seem like palatable,
logical expansion moves.

WVU belongs in the B10 East Div, but is excluded and always has been due to academic elitism of the B10 member schools.

I'd love to add OK St and NC St. Good for hoops. Good for football, without being 800# gorillas. Admitting NC St would frustrate UT in NC recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT