ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell Robinson has left WKU?

I don't know what is up with this situation, but it seems odd that the kid would wait this long to decide you don't want to play there. What happened in the last few days that changed this kid's mind about WKU? I can't see Cal and Kentucky getting involved. No way this kid gets to play this season after leaving WKU. If UNC rumors start popping up, let's at least hope the NCAA sticks within their own rules and make the kid sit out a year.

full

What happened to Justin Bieber?

I don't know what is up with this situation, but it seems odd that the kid would wait this long to decide you don't want to play there. What happened in the last few days that changed this kid's mind about WKU? I can't see Cal and Kentucky getting involved. No way this kid gets to play this season after leaving WKU. If UNC rumors start popping up, let's at least hope the NCAA sticks within their own rules and make the kid sit out a year.
I dunno... it IS Stansbury. Wouldn't be surprised if he told Robinson he wouldn't start.
All three of his original assistants at WKU have left the program.
Just a big dramatic mess.

A= All of our
C= Colleges
C= Cheat

B= Because
I= I
L= like being an
A= Asshole
S= Simply because ESPN pays me to.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/35996441/...l-doesnt-need-robinson-stansbury-drama-to-win

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
lol don't compare yourself with trinity or st X, easily top two teams in KY. And as a trinity alum I can tell you we don't "recruit kids" from other schools. We just get them from the jump because anyone with potential doesn't want to waste it playing on a trash HS team.

As a fellow Rock...thank you for saving me posting the same thing. In fact we populate other programs when sophomores leave to other schools when they see they are not going to play until JR or SR year...if ever.

That tweet was probably not as bad as others. I wouldn't have tweeted it but it was a bitch move by him.leave without a word to anyone? Come on, what did he expect?
He has to be a snowflake, if he is upset over that tweet.
He would never NEVER be able to handle the spotlight at UK.
And if he doesn't grow thicker skin he won't make it as a pro either

He has to be a snowflake, if he is upset over that tweet.
He would never NEVER be able to handle the spotlight at UK.
And if he doesn't grow thicker skin he won't make it as a pro either
I can't see UK taking a kid that walked away without reason from another in-state school

Reactions: Cindog28
Why would he be considering Kentucky? They already have nick Richards, jones and wynyard in the middle, how much playing time would he really get.. My guess is he is being steered to Carolina, they have a way of bullying to get what they want like they did with Johnson..
Doubt we go after Robinson but we were recruiting Bamba because he was considered the better player over our other bigs. Well Robinson would be our highest ranked recruit and would play the min Bamba would have gotten. I don't think we want him tho

I can't see UK taking a kid that walked away without reason from another in-state school
Why? The situation changed for him. He had a comfort level At WKU because of his Godfather being there. When his godfather left several weeks ago he had to make a decision and he made it. Its not like he just left the school because nothing changed

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
Y'all have selective memories then. Bilas was very vocal that Kanter should be eligible to play. He takes nearly every position counter to what the NCAA does. I don't think he beat the drum as often back then because he wasn't as active on Twitter.
He wasn't very vocal, he may have mentioned it. He was vocal on UNC academic fraud and Diallo at Kanter. He was on a mission in those cases. He even defend UL hiring hookers for underaged kids.

He wasn't very vocal, he may have mentioned it. He was vocal on UNC academic fraud and Diallo at Kanter. He was on a mission in those cases. He even defend UL hiring hookers for underaged kids.
http://eneskanterlive.blogspot.com/2011/01/jay-bilas-to-do-some-investigating.html?m=1

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/jay-bilas-reacts-to-enes-kanter-ruling/

https://www.google.com/amp/packinsi...-state-lawyer-weigh-yurtseven-suspension/amp/

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/net-reaction-did-ncaa-enes-kanter-decision.html

http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?71-Jay-Bilas-knows&p=1022

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2011/06/jay-bilas-takes-look-at-ncaa-logic.html

Yeah. You can barely find and criticism of the Kanter decision from Mr. Bilas. I agree that he has turned into a blowhard. But back in 2011 he was still a voice of reason.

Reactions: gocats44
He could transfer and sit out somewhere and still declare for the draft.

Stranger things have happened.

You can bet your bottom dollar Stansbury isn't letting him go to UK
My understanding was that he didn't sign a LOI (in the event that Stansbury moved on to greener pastures). Also, could someone who knows please clarify if summer school (which is typically part time, not full-time admission)...counts toward the rules?

Another twist is the length of time on campus. If he withdrew before a specific date, nothing is counted (pro or con) on a transcript. This could be the loophole trying to be exploited.

It just blows my mind about this news... WKU must be livid. With this top recruit in your program, what are the chances that you are in the running for a conference championship and a run at the ncaa? Probably pretty high, but this news just adds nothing good to that train of thought.

My understanding was that he didn't sign a LOI (in the event that Stansbury moved on to greener pastures). Also, could someone who knows please clarify if summer school (which is typically part time, not full-time admission)...counts toward the rules?

Another twist is the length of time on campus. If he withdrew before a specific date, nothing is counted (pro or con) on a transcript. This could be the loophole trying to be exploited.
http://thespun.com/news/mitchell-ro...ment-online-after-leaving-wkus-campus?ads=off

"Even if Robinson is unhappy with his first month at the school, the decision to transfer isn’t a simple one. WKU would have to release Robinson from his letter of intent for him to be eligible to play elsewhere this year. Otherwise, he’d have to sit out a year – which doesn’t make a ton of sense considering he’s a first round NBA Draft hopeful."

Robinson had been practicing with the team for their upcoming trip to Costa Rica.
http://www.wkusports.com/news/2017/...oreign-tour-trip-to-costa-rica-in-august.aspx

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Bad look for everyone involved.

Twitter buzz is LSU vs UK? I'm a WKU alum, want the kid to stay. But if he's going to leave, UK is the only place I'd want him to go.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Unless he is somehow eligible to play this year I don't see the value he adds unless he just makes our bigs better in practice. You know if he practices all year in our system he will go pro end of year and never play here. Would love to have him if he would stay next year and play for us though.

Unless he is somehow eligible to play this year I don't see the value he adds unless he just makes our bigs better in practice. You know if he practices all year in our system he will go pro end of year and never play here. Would love to have him if he would stay next year and play for us though.

He would be UK's highest rated recruit. Probably would start. That being said, he won't be playing college basketball anywhere if he does end up leaving WKU. Already had two weeks of official practice/classes. Would need an NCAA waiver, and they have never granted one in a situation even close to this.

He *did* sign an LOI

He would be UK's highest rated recruit. Probably would start. That being said, he won't be playing college basketball anywhere if he does end up leaving WKU. Already had two weeks of official practice/classes. Would need an NCAA waiver, and they have never granted one in a situation even close to this.

Not sure if it's true or I misunderstood the article, but the article stated that if WKU chose to release him, he would be eligible to play this year. I would suppose that is because he never actually competed in any game, and possibly because he was never a full time student. According to the article, it will be up to WKU if he can play this year or not. If that is the case, I would expect there to be some restrictions, but ultimately he will be released.

This has been a hot topic in my world.

Most coaches don’t think they’ll give him a waiver.

Could open the floodgates for more late summer transfers.

Also, coaches don’t feel sorry for Stansburt either.

This has been a hot topic in my world.

Most coaches don’t think they’ll give him a waiver.

Could open the floodgates for more late summer transfers.

Also, coaches don’t feel sorry for Stansburt either.
Who has to give him the waiver? The NCAA or Western?

Stansbury so mad suspends him. Now what is he going to do? Tell Stansbury he is sorry and won't run off anymore? be too scared to return to the mad Stansbury? Make up a good excuse for leaving?

Stansbury so mad suspends him. Now what is he going to do? Tell Stansbury he is sorry and won't run off anymore? be too scared to return to the mad Stansbury? Make up a good excuse for leaving?

I saw an AP article in the paper this morning that said Stansbury has suspended him indefinitely for undisclosed violation of team rules, with absolutely no mention of his having cleared out and left. What?? That's like saying "you're fired" after someone says, "I quit". Comical.

Reactions: ReturnOfOakboy
Just saw the article.......It is strange... If I were in his position, being a top post player, I would follow through and make the best of it at Western. Kinda wish the kid would speak though to the media about his future. Anywhere he'd excel, so what is holding him back?

So Josh Jackson had a reputation for "personal issues" goes to KU assaults a fellow athlete's car and gets involved in a minor legal scandal....the Lawson brothers also know to have "attitude issues" at Memphis go to KU are there for one month before one of them has a fight in practice and gets suspended from attending the team's international trip. Now Mitchell Robinson gets suspended from his first college for "personal issues" is possibly going to transfer to Kansas....nothing to see here Bill Self has his players under control, only recruits high character men for KU basketball and isn't taking any risks due to subpar recruiting efforts in recent years.

ADVERTISEMENT