ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell Robinson has left WKU?

Since he enrolled early this summer, is a transfer even an option without sitting a year? I wouldn't think so. I'd look for overseas for year for money then the draft.
He reportedly signed the paperwork so he would need to be granted a release from WKU prior to pursuing any other opportunity, per Chip Miller.

He reportedly signed the paperwork so he would need to be granted a release from WKU prior to pursuing any other opportunity, per Chip Miller.
If he accepted any financial aid at WKU then he would need to serve a "year in residency" prior to being eligible to play elsewhere. Unless the NCAA grants a waiver, which I couldn't imagine Mitchell qualifies for, which means UNC will absolutely get the waiver.

Word I heard was he only signed scholarship papers and no LOI, because Stans was using this class as a way to moving up to somewhere like LSU in the offseason----don't know how that would make his transferring any easier, since he had apparently already enrolled and taking summer courses, but I am not an expert on NCAA rules on such.

Reactions: gwilli8714
Unless I am mistaken, if he enrolled in classes, then he has to sit out a year at another school, according to the rules

He'll be at UNC in the fall...book it now. May have to sit first semester or some nonsense but I wold bet a crap ton of money he plays next season at some point.

Reactions: MWes11
If he goes to UNC, he should be allowed to play right away. Somebody ask Jay Bilas what he thinks.

Jay is pitiful. And although I know some dont like the ncaa, you have to have guidelines and rules. You might not always like rules, but sometimes they were put in place for a reason, and because the rule has stopped the action and most haven't seen the consequences, they assume it's useless. If that makes sense.

Jay basically supports anarchy within the system. I dont know if he realizes it or not, but that's what he's always arguing for. Especially when it comes to his bosses favorite program.

Has Jay ever answered the question, "do you have a conflict of interest when discussing UNC, since your employer is a top 3 alumni?"

Even if he does play for North Carolina this season, they will not have any real depth outside of maye and Robinson. There ain't none of those other freshman bigs ready to contribute for a year or two..

Also, someone help me. I dont remember Jay Bilas going on and on about how Kanter should play immediately?

Yep, you have a very good point and I don't remember one word from Bilas about supporting Kanter to play right away. If he had, I'm sure it would have been talked about big time on this board at that time.

Yep, you have a very good point and I don't remember one word from Bilas about supporting Kanter to play right away. If he had, I'm sure it would have been talked about big time on this board at that time.
Y'all have selective memories then. Bilas was very vocal that Kanter should be eligible to play. He takes nearly every position counter to what the NCAA does. I don't think he beat the drum as often back then because he wasn't as active on Twitter.

Reactions: ashbergh
Y'all have selective memories then. Bilas was very vocal that Kanter should be eligible to play. He takes nearly every position counter to what the NCAA does. I don't think he beat the drum as often back then because he wasn't as active on Twitter.

I don't do twitter so possibly that's where I missed him talking like that about Kanter but I sure don't remember much on this board talking about his big support for Kanter. I do think UNC and the ACC definitely get more of Bilas' support and attention, do you disagree with that?

Reactions: morgousky
I don't do twitter so possibly that's where I missed him talking like that about Kanter but I sure don't remember much on this board talking about his big support for Kanter. I do think UNC and the ACC definitely get more of Bilas' support and attention, do you disagree with that?
Only because the ACC is constantly breaking rules and finding themselves in the NCAA's crosshairs. He will take the position of any coach/school and defend them against the big bully that is the NCAA. Most of the time I agree with him. But not when it comes to rule breaking, hookers, and decades of school sanctioned and promoted academic fraud.

It's disappointing that he has gone to such lengths carrying UNC's water for them. And it has cost him a ton of credibility. But he is a company man, and he has his marching orders.

Media and information has changed greatly since 2010. Everything now is a hot topic and instant reaction. Everyone knows everything and nothing now. Just type the first thing that comes to mind.

Ex UNC Tarheel player Shammond Williams is Robinsons' Godfather. If a person can't see that UNC is guilty of tampering in this case, then he's blind in one eye & can't see out of the other.... If i'm WKU, hell would freeze over be for I would release Robinson to North Carolina. I would say he's free to go to any school on plant earth, but not North Carolina.

Only because the ACC is constantly breaking rules and finding themselves in the NCAA's crosshairs. He will take the position of any coach/school and defend them against the big bully that is the NCAA. Most of the time I agree with him. But not when it comes to rule breaking, hookers, and decades of school sanctioned and promoted academic fraud.

It's disappointing that he has gone to such lengths carrying UNC's water for them. And it has cost him a ton of credibility. But he is a company man, and he has his marching orders.

Well, then it's just as I said, he supports anarchy within systems.

This case is prime example #1 why guys cannot be allowed to leave one school and immediately be eligible to play at another. It sucks I'm sure for the free-to-be-you-and-me millenial society but there has to be policy in place or it becomes a free-agent chaos situation. IMO.

full

Last edited:
Reactions: Cindog28
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT