ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell is a cat

Burks may give us some help as well, he is a 6'9" guy who can give us as much as Ware did last year. Cyril is a game changer for this team. Actually I would like to see us fly under the radar for the early part of the season and figure things out late December

Burks can shoot.... (Yeah, I am stalking you Doc. You need stalking...)

I think you're right about Burks. As much as I liked having Ware on the team, he just didn't seem to progress offensively or skill-wise. Burks' offense might actually give the team more net benefit than Ware's physicalness and 5 fouls.
My point exactly Ware played hard and gave us what he had to offer. Burks may bring a bit more to the table, by all accounts he plays hard ,runs the floor and can put points on the board. Mitchell and Burkes > Toppin and Ware with the players we have on hand. WWBD(what will Bradshaw do)

Yes, Mitchell appears to have fallen into Cal’s lap, but Hart, Burks, (and hopefully Cyril) didn’t. If Cal deserves some criticism for not taking portal players this off-season, he deserves some credit for having a backup plan. The proof will be on the court though, regular season and post.
Not taking or couldn’t get, there’s a difference

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Yeah! Cal knew Huggins was gonna get a DUI. That’s why he missed on Dickinson!
Exactly. Cal got bailed out by some good fortune w Huggins DUI and Reeves not being able to complete enough credits in a summer to grad transfer.

But the good fortune has thankfully put us in a really good spot and we should have all the pieces now if we add somto

WGAF. Its about time Kentucky had some damn breaks. We always get the guys leaving early. Now we get some last minute luck. I'd say we're still due.

Reactions: pedroborbon
Not a bad pickup. A Toppin like tho, hopefully Bradshaw gets most mins. But a good pick up fill in for 8-12 mins a game.
Yeap Mitchell transferred here to play 8-12 minutes per game. I hope you are joking. If not, uggghhh.

From some highlights I’ve watched that broke down his shooting %’s he excels on the right block and is very good at the free throw jumper. We know Cal seeks out that shot so he should fit in very well with what he likes to run. He does have a turnover issue, we don’t want him catching the ball in space trying to make a move. He’s great at catch and shoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: storm1507 and BBUK
Glad to have Mitchell let’s see what Cal does again with a little mixture of the talent and experience…. Let’s hope he can get it done and let’s hope the past doesn’t repeat itself…..

Reactions: Cawood86 and BBUK
We're West Virginia's Superbowl. He's good for a solid 10-11 ppg and 3-5 rbg. Most importantly he gives your roster some experience.
is a lot better than 10/4 but you just chose to ignore it
I'm not sure I have ever saw him play but reading a couple articles it states where he is around the 27th best pick-up in the transfer portal- just not sure why we are getting so excited for the 27th ranked portal player now

I think you're right about Burks. As much as I liked having Ware on the team, he just didn't seem to progress offensively or skill-wise. Burks' offense might actually give the team more net benefit than Ware's physicalness and 5 fouls.
Ware was very limited but he did what he was asked to do to the best of his abilities.

I liked him, and I'm gonna miss him this year. (sniff) 😢

Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT