ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell is a cat

I'm hardly negative.

I think Reeves and Mitchell completely change the trajectory of our season. We can get to a Final 4 with this group.

Kudos to Cal for getting it done in short order.

BUT

Some of you guys act like you always knew Cal had it under control and people are crazy for doubting him. You act as if this were always his exact plan.

Like, do you think he KNEW Huggins was going to get a DUI and Mitchell was going to become available? Do you think he KNEW Reeves was coming back? I don't think Reeves even knew Reeves was going to come back.

Dickinson would have been a terrible fit for Kentucky, and I said that when it looked like he was heading to Lexington.

It would have been like having Oscar back with much less of the upside -- rebounding genius -- and all the downside. You don't bring in Wagner, Dillingham, Edwards and Bradshaw, then tie them to a plodding offense that revolves around passing the ball into a black hole every possession.

Ask two guys drafted in the top 15 NBA picks, Howard and Bufkin, if playing with Dickinson maxed out their ability on their NIT team.
I agree with the idea that Mitchell was the best possible fit. I'm over the moon that we got him.

I mention Dickinson because people act like Cal always had it this in the bag. He didn't. He wanted Hunter. We're better off with Mitchell than Hunter--but Cal had no idea Mitchell would ever be available.

We lucked into this. And the idea that Cal always had it under control is ridiculous.

I'm hardly negative.

I think Reeves and Mitchell completely change the trajectory of our season. We can get to a Final 4 with this group.

Kudos to Cal for getting it done in short order.

BUT

Some of you guys act like you always knew Cal had it under control and people are crazy for doubting him. You act as if this were always his exact plan.

Like, do you think he KNEW Huggins was going to get a DUI and Mitchell was going to become available? Do you think he KNEW Reeves was coming back? I don't think Reeves even knew Reeves was going to come back.
I mean, you still have to give credit for Cal making it happen though (not the DUI). Reeves didn't have to come back. He did. Mitchell had plenty of options once he decided to leave WVU, and here he is wearing blue in short order. Also, adding Hart, Burks, and potentially Somto are the exact type of guys towards the end of the rotation we've all been wanting. Let's also not forget the #1 recruiting class that made it hard to win the transfer portal this offseason. I'm a self-admitted sunshine pumper, and yes, maybe the ball bounced our way when it comes to Mitchell... but the 11-12 man roster didn't just fall into Cal's lap.

Cal sucks ass, he will still screw this up. Just watch, by SEC time we're all gonna be just like a 12 pound big mouth bass saying " Can't believe I took the bait AGAIN." Trust in Cow, he will fvch this up AGAIN !!
Damn y'all need to relax a little bit. My comment was 100% tongue in cheek. How the hell do you think I actually believe Cal waiting for Huggins to get a DUI so he could get Mitchell in the portal was an actual plan?

Yes, Mitchell appears to have fallen into Cal’s lap, but Hart, Burks, (and hopefully Cyril) didn’t. If Cal deserves some criticism for not taking portal players this off-season, he deserves some credit for having a backup plan. The proof will be on the court though, regular season and post.

And as I said, literally no one thought we'd go into the season with 7 players. That was a strawman argument from desperate Cal sycophants who had no better argument.
no doubt we have some venomous, hateful posters/trolls
the ul board was destroyed by one guy just like the ones mentioned
if the mods do not get a hold of this it will eventually do the same to this board

a lot of really good posters have already quit posting because of those few

I'm not going to pretend that I watched WV games last season but his box scores are promising.

Seems like Cal pulled a rabbit out of a hat...

Mitchell is a much needed get for UK. I’m very happy about it because I believe he’ll be a better PF option than Bradshaw. Still, I think there were a number of better PF options in the portal earlier – but I understand UK may not have been able to land those guys even if they tried.

So, while I think Mitchell will be ok, I don’t think he’ll be anywhere close to the All-Conference type of guy I believe UK needed in the frontcourt with this roster in order to possibly be a top ten type of team. But I also don’t want to be all Debbie -downer because this was a very good and much, much needed pickup this late.

Yes we was very fortunate Mitchell became available. BUT Cal closed the deal on him. When opportunity knocked, Cal jerked the FN door off the hinge and pulled opportunity in the house.
Now having got that out of the way, can we please keep it about Mitchell ? If you have concerns about his game, fine post them. But leave the Cal BS at the door. This is GOOD news we have had enough negative news.

Mitchell is a much needed get for UK. I’m very happy about it because I believe he’ll be a better PF option than Bradshaw. Still, I think there were a number of better PF options in the portal earlier – but I understand UK may not have been able to land those guys even if they tried.

So, while I think Mitchell will be ok, I don’t think he’ll be anywhere close to the All-Conference type of guy I believe UK needed in the frontcourt with this roster in order to possibly be a top ten type of team. But I also don’t want to be all Debbie -downer because this was a very good and much, much needed pickup this late.
Burks may give us some help as well, he is a 6'9" guy who can give us as much as Ware did last year. Cyril is a game changer for this team. Actually I would like to see us fly under the radar for the early part of the season and figure things out late December

Reactions: BBUK and G-PIP
Nope, literally nobody thought we'd fail to even add players. Not sure why you and some other cultists continue lying about it.
I said the whole time we’d have a minimum of 10 scholarship players (not counting Canada). I’m a pretty optimistic and realistic person

So, with this great news, does Mitchell fit THIS team better than the San Diego St. kid that went to Arizona? How about the Nelson kid that went to Alabama? Kaluma?

Is Mitchell a better fit with this team (not necessarily a better individual player)?

So, with this great news, does Mitchell fit THIS team better than the San Diego St. kid that went to Arizona? How about the Nelson kid that went to Alabama? Kaluma?

Is Mitchell a better fit with this team (not necessarily a better individual player)?
Yes, this team has athleticism in spades but lacks proven shooting. The SDSU player was not a shooter, this guy is. Way better fit for us. With Reeves back and adding Hart, we've now got 3 guys who I feel good about giving us great spacing for guys like Edwards, Wagner, and Dillingham to tear through the paint.

Kaluma woulda have been a better fit than SDSU guy too, but he can fall in love with the 3 and hurt you by not looking for anything else.

Damn y'all need to relax a little bit. My comment was 100% tongue in cheek. How the hell do you think I actually believe Cal waiting for Huggins to get a DUI so he could get Mitchell in the portal was an actual plan?
I have no idea what your comment was, I didn't read the thread. I was just responding to Cow getting Mitchell in general. Cow could get AD, Booker, Towns and Larry Bird back and screw it up. Nothing i said was aimed and you or anyone else but Cow-la-perry.

Burks may give us some help as well, he is a 6'9" guy who can give us as much as Ware did last year. Cyril is a game changer for this team. Actually I would like to see us fly under the radar for the early part of the season and figure things out late December
I think you're right about Burks. As much as I liked having Ware on the team, he just didn't seem to progress offensively or skill-wise. Burks' offense might actually give the team more net benefit than Ware's physicalness and 5 fouls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT