ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell is a cat

I was hoping we would have gone after him 2 yrs ago but better late than never. First real good news of the offseason. Don't get me wrong I am glad we got Burks, Hart and even Reeves back but this is the first one to really move the needle for this years team. Grab a big now and lets ride!

wooo GIF

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

"Cal playing 4D chess with the portal. You doubters look pretty stupid now."

Cal truly came thru with finding last minutes additions that can help. However, will his coaching change? We appear to have, similar to some past teams, a very deep team. But, other than 2015 Cal has rarely utilized this advantage and quite a few teams have as good or better starting 5. As I have said in the past few years but no one has a better starting 10. I just wish Cal would press this advantage in all ways.

You should temper your expectations of a coach and program that is under five NCAA cheating charges, including loss of institutional control, and yet is still recruiting guys who batter their girlfriends like Arterio Morris despite the recent experience of having Bragg, Jackson, Vick and DeSousa in the program -- all credibly accused of attacking women, and, or assault.

By the way, he scored 20 points on the Cheathawks.
It was nice of you to limit the list to just domestic violence issues…..if you listed all the legal issues in Self’s tenure we would be here awhile.

Yeah! Cal knew Huggins was gonna get a DUI. That’s why he missed on Dickinson!
Dickinson would have been a terrible fit for Kentucky, and I said that when it looked like he was heading to Lexington.

It would have been like having Oscar back with much less of the upside -- rebounding genius -- and all the downside. You don't bring in Wagner, Dillingham, Edwards and Bradshaw, then tie them to a plodding offense that revolves around passing the ball into a black hole every possession.

Ask two guys drafted in the top 15 NBA picks, Howard and Bufkin, if playing with Dickinson maxed out their ability on their NIT team.

Sooo.. with Mitchell, Hart, and Burks.. what do we think of the off-season?

I have to say, what looked to be an F.. based on striking out in the portal, losing some unexpected players.. I think we turned it around quite nicely. B-? Do we give it higher, simply because Kentucky was not going to get a ton of transfers with the supreme class we had coming in?

I don't know.. I'm pretty happpy lol. I'd have maybe liked to see one or two guys return.. like Oscar or maybe Collins. Or maybe another transfer with experience.

You should temper your expectations of a coach and program that is under five NCAA cheating charges, including loss of institutional control, and yet is still recruiting guys who batter their girlfriends like Arterio Morris despite the recent experience of having Bragg, Jackson, Vick and DeSousa in the program -- all credibly accused of attacking women, and, or assault.

By the way, he scored 20 points in Phog and 15 in the other game against the Cheathawks last year.
We're West Virginia's Superbowl. He's good for a solid 10-11 ppg and 3-5 rbg. Most importantly he gives your roster some experience.

We're West Virginia's Superbowl. He's good for a solid 10-11 ppg and 3-5 rbg. Most importantly he gives your roster some experience.
And no woman has ever charged him with punching her in the face, unlike Arterio Morris. That's probably why Self didn't pursue him. He didn't have the "Right Stuff" for Helms Banner U.

Last edited:
Wow! I’ve always said that John Calipari is the smartest coach out there .

before you look up my previous posts I am laughing at myself . This just might b the missing link to what we need to make a final four run.

Former governor John Young Brown gave advice in a speech one day that the most important thing for success is to be lucky.

Just a few weeks ago, the roster was a complete mess. Now, a few pieces have fallen into place, such that the upcoming season doesn't look like it'll be the potential clusterf*** it was shaping up to be. We'll see how things go once the actual games start. After the past few seasons, I refuse to get caught up in what can only be called irrational exuberance at this point. Still, things are at least looking up.

I think I said something when everyone had their pitchforks out, along the lines of, "Just wait until after the roster is finalized then judge." Lookin' OK to me at this point, Cal always snatch a rabbit outta the hat when we need it.

And this also begs the question, where do we land preseason now?

This has to be a top10 team IMO. #1 class (which might be the #1 AND the #2 class if you split it up). We return a big piece from last year, and 2 developmental pieces.. and land a very solid transfer. We are covered at every position now. We have USABLE depth, not just a 13 man roster where players 8-13 are more or less useless.

I think I said something when everyone had their pitchforks out, along the lines of, "Just wait until after the roster is finalized then judge." Lookin' OK to me at this point, Cal always snatch a rabbit outta the hat when we need it.
Yeah, snatching up post-portal-window xfer after his coach got a dui was definitely all part of the plan. Be honest, this off-season was a cluster**** and we got pretty lucky to end up as well off as we did. We all knew we wouldn't go into the season with only 7 guys but we missed time after time after time after time and ended up with something close to divine intervention late in the game.

From an F minus to an A. Incredible pickup. No one could have guessed it, but Cal also deserves credit for making it happen when it was available.

It was a HUGE swing.

However, I would give as much credit to Huggy for his DUI hahaha. But Cal sure does seem to have 9 lives. When you think he's out, he pivots and finds a way to land players. Just have to see how he can handle coaching them.

Yeah, snatching up post-portal-window xfer after his coach got a dui was definitely all part of the plan. Be honest, this off-season was a cluster**** and we got pretty lucky to end up as well off as we did. We all knew we wouldn't go into the season with only 7 guys but we missed time after time after time after time and ended up with something close to divine intervention late in the game.
Stay mad.

I didn't say it was part of the plan, I said don't panic until.

Cal has never taken us into a season with 7 players, and I stated as such.

Would you compare him to a stronger less athletic better shooter Jacob Toppin? I think it’s a big upgrade for sure..
Yes I would. Not sure he's a better shooter than toppin. I know he has better moves and seems to have a fairly good handle on his drives but he does get stripped much like toppin did.

Reactions: Smooth86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT