ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch might be done for

Just seems oddly suspicious, how we go from Drew saying no, to Hurley saying no, to Mark Pope saying yes all within 10 hours
I agree, but what we know about Mitch in the past and what he likes, pope being the guy should have been way more obvious

Pretty obvious to connect the dots. Mitch got wind this lawsuit was coming in the last day or two. Saw the coaching hire as a way to distract attention. Rushed to get the guy who he knew would take the job hired before the lawsuit news dropped.

The allegations in that piece are extremely serious and make Mitch look very bad.

He’s trolling. I’m not sure where the mods are. Making personal attacks against any former Kentucky athlete is wrong. But against a female Kentucky athlete in a thread discussing allegations like this? Its disgusting.

Mods, where are you at? Might want to look at who’s liking his posts too. Ol lead belly at it again.

There were people calling for us to harass mark pope on this board last night. That’s far worse than me pointing out the obvious about R Gaines, and the mods did nothing about that.

Do you really think Cal wants to lock horns with billionaires considering the skeletons in his closet? Having that kind of money is beyond the comprehension of most people, even multi millionaires. They can buy his whole life.

Not saying anyone is wrong about him, but is he really that dumb?
Never underestimate the pathological narcissist's ability to self-delude.

Pretty obvious to connect the dots. Mitch got wind this lawsuit was coming in the last day or two. Saw the coaching hire as a way to distract attention. Rushed to get the guy who he knew would take the job hired before the lawsuit news dropped.

The allegations in that piece are extremely serious and make Mitch look very bad.
Or. Mitch knew no coach would come here after this mess. Who wants to come here when your AD that hired you is getting canned? I think that's what happened. He knew no one was taking this job after this broke. He knew Pope would stay no matter what.

For Mitch maybe, I think everything else will be fine
The athletic department and compliance office will need a complete house cleaning if any of this is true.

Those poor girls. I can't imagine what I would do if this happened to my daughter or sister.

I really hope this isn't true but they mentioned a lot of text messages, social media messages and emails that are likely proof.

Do you really think Cal wants to lock horns with billionaires considering the skeletons in his closet? Having that kind of money is beyond the comprehension of most people, even multi millionaires. They can buy his whole life.

Not saying anyone is wrong about him, but is he really that dumb?
I hear ya but if they have anything on Cal it would likely just be something against NCAA rules. Plus if he has done things wrong, which I’m sure he has, it would be asked why the university didn’t punish him at the time.

Forget university rules, this is jail and lawsuit type stuff here that even the Craft family wouldn’t be able to help Mitch with.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Mark Pope is the last thing on my mind here as I’m sure it’s the last thing on yours. Some of the reactions make me sick
Two young women were sexually abused and it was…dismissed? Covered up? Mitch needs to go and now
I hope and pray both ladies get justice and all the help they need to heal

Some of you people really need to grow the f*** up.
Exactly I don't care about Pope, Cal or Riley Gaines attractiveness. This makes me so sad. Please keep these young people in your thoughts and prayers. We can worry about the other stuff some other time.

The athletic department and compliance office will need a complete house cleaning if any of this is true.

Those poor girls. I can't imagine what I would do if this happened to my daughter or sister.

I really hope this isn't true but they mentioned a lot of text messages, social media messages and emails that are likely proof.
Absolutely that swim coach and the people who covered up are all POS. And for the victims I feel so bad for them that they had to go through this in a space that should have been safe for them

This is the accusers filing. Their side of the story. The questions are: What did Mitch know and when did he know it? It’s my understanding this person resigned last year. This has zero to do with the Pope hire. And to think Cal is some evil mastermind orchestrating all this is some next level black helicopter type shit.

Or. Mitch knew no coach would come here after this mess. Who wants to come here when your AD that hired you is getting canned? I think that's what happened. He knew no one was taking this job after this broke. He knew Pope would stay no matter what.
I’d say this sums it up.

I care about Football and Basketball equally. We're in the south, gotta have a good football program to go with basketball. It's a must in modern NCAA sports.
Yeah but not at the expense of our bb program which has happened with Mitch. He’s trying to homogenize the programs and that shat don’t fly. UK basketball is like the Statue of Liberty of basketball. It should always be THE priority to maintain this level. If it’s treated like every other sport then we re just another USCjr or similar.

This is the accusers filing. Their side of the story. The questions are: What did Mitch know and when did he know it? It’s my understanding this person resigned last year. This has zero to do with the Pope hire. And to think Cal is some evil mastermind orchestrating all this is some next level black helicopter type shit.
Sure. But the lawsuit is breaking today.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
What in the actual _____? Unreal. Just what we need right now, a major scandal and accusations of a cover-up.

Let’s just be honest: There’s a very real chance we hired an inferior basketball coach because the AD needed to get ahead of a major lawsuit that was about to be filed against him and the university.

He’s trolling. I’m not sure where the mods are. Making personal attacks against any former Kentucky athlete is wrong. But against a female Kentucky athlete in a thread discussing allegations like this? Its disgusting.

Mods, where are you at? Might want to look at who’s liking his posts too. Ol lead belly at it again.
It’s someone that doesn’t agree w her becoming a semi political figure. Politics brings the worse out of everyone.

If u notice too all the news today is abt Pope, Barnhart knew the lawsuit news would be looked over by the media today due to the Pope news

Reactions: EliteBlue
Really unfortunate situation all around. Mitch is the type that cares sooooo much about appearance and his moral high ground. He also has always seemed to lack leadership when it comes to making the hard decisions and looking things in the eye.

When you combine those 2 traits you get a guy who was likely gave some damning reports and if he couldn’t immediately prove it he went into damage control/save face and smile and it’ll all go away if we all act like the perfect family to the outside world vibes instead of sacking up and facing it head on even if it made the athletic dept look semi tainted for a second. He didn’t want to ruin his pristine reputation and seems like he froze bc he isn’t a take action type. Dont think it was a cover up but more so a Mitch is a weak leader and scared of anything that isn’t counting beans.

It’s the “fix your makeup and hide your crazy” “put in your best face to the world” mentality. Sometimes you have to face things head on even if it’s messy bc it’s the correct thing to do. Mitch likes easy

I’m reading the Bleacher Report article about some of the details and just have some questions: The article says that, “The lawsuit accused Kentucky of "complicity and deliberate indifference," and Jorgensen of "horrific sexual assaults and violent rapes," according to Strang.”

It then goes on to say, “The lawsuit says Conelly was "circumventing university policy related to reporting complaints of sexual harassment/assault" by not reporting the allegation to UK.”

Are they saying those happened prior to him being named an assistant at UK and when he was hired as an assistant that people reached out to Connelly, who was the head coach, to warn him about Jorgeson and nothing was done about it?

The article is a little confusing. I’m just trying to figure out if the accused rape and sexual assault happened while he was a coach at UK or prior to his time at UK? The only thing the article says about his time at UK is, “During the investigation, Kentucky received reports of Jorgensen allegedly mandating "punishment workouts," withholding food depending on competition results, regulating of swimmers' food intake and body weight, and making comments about their bodies, according to Strang.

It’s all shitty/terrible stuff. Just trying to figure out how much of this stuff happened while he was at UK and how much happened elsewhere?

I’m reading the Bleacher Report article about some of the details and just have some questions: The article says that, “The lawsuit accused Kentucky of "complicity and deliberate indifference," and Jorgensen of "horrific sexual assaults and violent rapes," according to Strang.”

It then goes on to say, “The lawsuit says Conelly was "circumventing university policy related to reporting complaints of sexual harassment/assault" by not reporting the allegation to UK.”

Are they saying those happened prior to him being named an assistant at UK and when he was hired as an assistant that people reached out to Connelly, who was the head coach, to warn him about Jorgeson and nothing was done about it?

The article is a little confusing. I’m just trying to figure out if the accused rape and sexual assault happened while he was a coach at UK or prior to his time at UK? The only thing the article says about his time at UK is, “During the investigation, Kentucky received reports of Jorgensen allegedly mandating "punishment workouts," withholding food depending on competition results, regulating of swimmers' food intake and body weight, and making comments about their bodies, according to Strang.

It’s all shitty/terrible stuff. Just trying to figure out how much of this stuff happened while he was at UK and how much happened elsewhere?
It's a long read but according to the article we were notified many times even by another schools compliance office.

From the article

After the San Jose State official alerted Kentucky in 2019 about the allegations made against Jorgensen, the UK office that handles Title IX complaints compiled an initial report, which was marked “not urgent.” After Jorgensen denied wrongdoing and the swim staffer he allegedly sexually assaulted declined to speak to a school official, the matter was deemed “closed” after a week.

He was at UK doing terrible things until 2023

It's a long read but according to the article we were notified many times even by another schools compliance office.

From the article

After the San Jose State official alerted Kentucky in 2019 about the allegations made against Jorgensen, the UK office that handles Title IX complaints compiled an initial report, which was marked “not urgent.” After Jorgensen denied wrongdoing and the swim staffer he allegedly sexually assaulted declined to speak to a school official, the matter was deemed “closed” after a week.

He was at UK doing terrible things until 2023
Having done some work with Title IX, when the accuser is anonymous or refuses ro talk, it’s nearly impossible for the university to take action.

I’m not defending him at all, I’m just not sure if any of the alleged sexual assaults happened while he was employed at UK or while he was employed. He seems like a really terrible person.

This is the only plausible explanation as to why they rushed to interview/hire Pope Thursday night and why the boosters went along with it imo

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
Having done some work with Title IX, when the accuser is anonymous or refuses ro talk, it’s nearly impossible for the university to take action.

I’m not defending him at all, I’m just not sure if any of the alleged sexual assaults happened while he was employed at UK or while he was employed. He seems like a really terrible person.
Interested in your thoughts if you ever get a chance to read it. They list many things that happened while he was employed by UK. I don't feel comfortable repeating them.

Interested in your thoughts if you ever get a chance to read it. They list many things that happened while he was employed by UK. I don't feel comfortable repeating them.
All good. I don’t have an account to the Athletic so can’t read it. I’ve been a Title IX Advisor for students going through the Title IX process…have heard a lot of shit.

Reactions: permdaddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT