ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch might be done for

It’s the truth. These last few weeks have been absolutely wild around this university.
It's not over either. Cal is smearing UK behind the scenes. A guy posted in GYERO that Drew called an ''anonymous SEC coach'' to ask if his kids were safe to go to school after a loss. Guess which Coach he called?

It's not over either. Cal is smearing UK behind the scenes. A guy posted in GYERO that Drew called an ''anonymous SEC coach'' to ask if his kids were safe to go to school after a loss. Guess which Coach he called?
Really??? Yeah no wonder he turned us down. You’re right, this is far from over and looks like it’s about to get uglier.

I still wonder what hobbies the fire Mitch crowd will take up when he retires?

At a quick read, my guess is nothing comes of this. At least not to UK or Mitch.

I'll be Captain Obvious and say these allegations are really, really bad for Mitch and the entire athletics department.

If even some of them are proven true, there is no way he survives this.

I remain skeptical of the “source” posting all of this info on that board rather than here but whatever.

Just further reinforces what we've been saying. The athletic deparment at UK has been needing a flushing for years. It's a giant hulking turd at this point. Leaking over the toilet bowl. Someone please flush it.

Kentucky has a problem with people somehow getting power and maintaining it well past their time. Even if you clear house the new house just becomes the ole boys club. I’m sorry, but athletics departments at universities need to have new directors and nobody should stay past a certain time whatever that is. Nobody should be an athletics director for 22 years at one university, it allows for a lot to go wrong when you’ve got 1 guy making decisions for that long.

But like politicians which is really what they are, they never know when to leave or how to hang it up.

Barnhart is not a good athletics director of a major SEC institution anyway. Any of them would have built up the facilities in the modern era of mega revenue streams but few of them would make hires based on the things he bases them on here. He’s long since needed to go. I’m ready to see what a real SEC AD would do at Kentucky with our popularity and modern conference tag. I still believe our football program would be a lot better than it is without him.

Mitch is better suited, and always was, for a smaller private Christian school or maybe something like Morehead. If you don’t want to hire the best then you can’t be AD of the SEC you just can’t. They ALL have baggage. Regardless of Calipari, if it were up to Mitch let’s not forget we’d have ZERO national championships or championship game appearances since 1998. Just imagine.

Hire was rushed and Mitch knew it was coming out, he rushed it because nobody would want to come here knowing all of this stuff and work with Mitch……

Reactions: Rcnight
Kentucky has a problem with people somehow getting power and maintaining it well past their time. Even if you clear house the new house just becomes the ole boys club. I’m sorry, but athletics departments at universities need to have new directors and nobody should stay past a certain time whatever that is. Nobody should be an athletics director for 22 years at one university, it allows for a lot to go wrong when you’ve got 1 guy making decisions for that long.

But like politicians which is really what they are, they never know when to leave or how to hang it up.

Barnhart is not a good athletics director of a major SEC institution anyway. Any of them would have built up the facilities in the modern era of mega revenue streams but few of them would make hires based on the things he bases them on here. He’s long since needed to go. I’m ready to see what a real SEC AD would do at Kentucky with our popularity and modern conference tag. I still believe our football program would be a lot better than it is without him.

Mitch is better suited, and always was, for a smaller private Christian school or maybe something like Morehead. If you don’t want to hire the best then you can’t be AD of the SEC you just can’t. They ALL have baggage. Regardless of Calipari, if it were up to Mitch let’s not forget we’d have ZERO national championships or championship game appearances since 1998. Just imagine.
Damn straight. When you compare the AD's in the best conference in college sports (SEC)to Mitch. He is an embarrasment. He's junior level, he's a middle school JV player on the varisty high school team.

It’s hard & not always wise to assume everything a plaintiff alleges in a lawsuit is 100% accurate . Usually , plaintiff is ultimately seeking monetary compensation and the worse stuff looks the more likely some sort of settlement happens . Something like this will take forever to sort out

Reactions: WayneDougan
Cal is a really shady guy. There's a reason everywhere he's left he's hated. He's not done with us.
For sure!

Remember years ago when Cal said something to the effect of Im from Pittsburgh.. you do something to me I’m gonna burn your house down. It looks like he meant it.

Mitch is probably about to find out.

Reactions: RunninRichie
You must not understand that a female that has dedicated her whole life to swimming would have highly developed shoulders. She was robbed of an NCAA championship because of a chick with a dick and wokeness.

Oh boohoo. Women want to be treated equally, let them compete with men and see how fast they get reminded that they’re inferior.

This week has been a wild roller coaster. This could explain the quick hire.

It seems like most of the fan base are now getting on board with Pope.

Let's say Mitch was negligent Do you think if Mitch gets canned, does this put a stain back on the UK fan base of who we could've gotten?

Damn straight. When you compare the AD's in the best conference in college sports (SEC)to Mitch. He is an embarrasment. He's junior level, he's a middle school JV player on the varisty high school team.

But what worries is what is the idiot BOT going to do?

Oh look; Kentucky got in trouble. Better get a guy like Mitch to keep it clean!! - 2001

“Oh look, Mitch got in trouble we can’t have that! What would Auburn and Tennessee’s of the world think! There could be a headline! Close down the athletics departments for good this makes the university look bad!” - 2024

A quick hire was always in the cards. If we got our guy, the hire would have been even quicker. Unless you're saying, make the quick hire (3rd choice Pope) as opposed to wait for Donovan. That I can see.
And also not talk to anyone else that was more qualified right away in the meantime.

There you go! I think that’s what he’s about to do
Morgousky warned us of this. Cal wasn't gonna go quiet. Not when he thinks the Crafts, and Mitch are to blame. It's not just the fans he has a grudge against. Notice his comment at the Arkansas presser? ''I love Kentucky, I love the fans, I love the governor''. Direct shot to the Crafts.

Just seems oddly suspicious, how we go from Drew saying no, to Hurley saying no, to Mark Pope saying yes all within 10 hours
You should probably blame Calipari for Drew saying no. There's a guy on another thread saying that Drew called a sec coach. And asked if it was safe to go to school after a loss. Now, ask yourself. What coach in the SEC would have experience living in Lexington and living in Lexington after losses.

Reactions: LXWildcat
Morgousky warned us of this. Cal wasn't gonna go quiet. Not when he thinks the Crafts, and Mitch are to blame. It's not just the fans he has a grudge against. Notice his comment at the Arkansas presser? ''I love Kentucky, I love the fans, I love the governor''. Direct shot to the Crafts.
Yep their hate for each other has really shined through. I knew it wasn’t good but didn’t realize it was bad as it is.

Do you really think Cal wants to lock horns with billionaires considering the skeletons in his closet? Having that kind of money is beyond the comprehension of most people, even multi millionaires. They can buy his whole life.

Not saying anyone is wrong about him, but is he really that dumb?

Do you really think Cal wants to lock horns with billionaires considering the skeletons in his closet? Having that kind of money is beyond the comprehension of most people, even multi millionaires. They can buy his whole life.

Not saying anyone is wrong about him, but is he really that dumb?
His ego knows no bounds.

Some of you guys are way more butt hurt over not getting 'your guy' than what any adult should be. This kind of story breaks, and your first reaction is 'great, now I can get my shiny thing'. SMDH.
Mark Pope is the last thing on my mind here as I’m sure it’s the last thing on yours. Some of the reactions make me sick
Two young women were sexually abused and it was…dismissed? Covered up? Mitch needs to go and now
I hope and pray both ladies get justice and all the help they need to heal

Some of you people really need to grow the f*** up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT