ADVERTISEMENT

Mistake

Jan 5, 2018
Do you guys honestly think we will have better success? I don’t like it. We ran him out.

You sure as hell better hope this works. I’m gonna hate for this, but I think it’s a mistake. Two things can be true - he had to go, but the national spotlight is for sure gone and it will take a miracle to reach the level of success we did with Cal.

Do you guys honestly think we will have better success? I don’t like it. We ran him out.

You sure as hell better hope this works. I’m gonna hate for this, but I think it’s a mistake. Two things can be true - he had to go, but the national spotlight is for sure gone and it will take a miracle to reach the level of success we did with Cal.
Lol. Really?? Really??

Viva La France!!!!

Go with your hero to Arkansas.

I distinctly remember the same thing being said when Tubby left. That worked out pretty well for us.

Not a mistake. But neither would him staying be.

But we need to get behind him as a human again and be appreciative of the very high highs he gave us and.. he kind of saved us a financial headache by taking this job.

Now let’s go get another energizing hire and get back to where we belong.

When did we get so many pussies in this fan base so scared of change?? We haven't been relevant in years and you want to keep him? Grow a pair!!

Getting real feeling sick of people like you blaming the fan base when it is because of the fan base any of this even matters.

So you say he had to go but then say it’s a mistake. Mealymouthed much?

Either get with it or pack your bags and head to Fayetteville along with Cal.

Last edited:

I thought you stopped smoking PCP.

49 and no less coaches have won more NCAA tournament games in the last 5 years than CCC. He just straight said I'm not going to change, and has proven it time and time again. He admitted to playing and starting non deserving players that cost us the season and boldly ignored all the advice and effective personnel he had at his disposal. I'll just stop there, too much to write.

He made his bed, he choose his own way out. Nothing we can do but move on. I think it’s telling that he’s been looking since February when he started blaming BBN for his losing at home. No wonder we weren’t prepared for March.

Honestly? I became a UK fan because of Cal. My loyalty is with BBN. It’s just weird seeing it over. No need to be so harsh.
Facts are HARD when you don't look at WHY our now FORMER coach ran away because he couldn't live up to his OWN expectations!!!! UK had it before Cal and we will have it again after Cal!!

Heck, Cal wasn't even living up to his OWN standard for UK Basketball these last 4 years!!! He knew it, everyone knew it. He was lucky that Arkansas was DESPERATE to try to get back to their glory years in the 90's so they hired the CARPETBAGGER to bring them back.

Thank you Razorbacks for saving UK $33 million!!!!

What? Have you been watching? You do realize we've had FOUR other coaches win a NC, right?. Next year's team was going to stink! It Donovan comes on board then nil money will start flowing in. That's what it's all about now. WE ARE KENTUCKY!!!

I was of this same opinion for the last several years. If we were still having the same success as we had from 2010 to 2015, we wouldn't be here right now. Even the success of 2017 and 2019 would have kept Cal in the job. But when you consider what has happened since 2021, there is no question in my mind it was just time. Losses to St Peter's, Kansas St, and Oakland in 3 straight NCAA tournaments is indefensible. Losing to Oakland with this year's UK team is a joke. We had multiple NBA players on this team. Zero SEC-T wins in 3 years, also. 1 total post-season win in 3 years!

So, my conclusion? How can it get any worse than that? I used to think we could never do any better than Cal. And there is no doubt, he is a great recruiter. That's his biggest strength. We may not get the same recruiting titles we had under Cal, but what has he done with the recruiting wins? He has never been a strong in-game coach. We learned to accept it. We thought he would just have enough elite talent here and there to win a title, and it worked in 2012. He got lucky with NBA lockout and kept players he wouldn't usually keep, and he too much talent to find a way to lose. This season was similar- backed his way into Reeves returning and then Mitchell coming from West VA. But what was the result? Another 0 win SEC-T and another 0 win NCAA-T. How can it get worse?

Honestly? I became a UK fan because of Cal. My loyalty is with BBN. It’s just weird seeing it over. No need to be so harsh.
I get that. Not sure if you're legit or a pot stirrer, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Calipari did raise the level of UK's play from 2010 to 2015. 4 Final Fours and a national championship in 6 years. But none since then, and the last 3 years it's been 1 total postseason win, including both the SEC and NCAA tournaments. I've been a UK fan since the late 70s, under Joe B Hall, Sutton, Pitino, Tubby, Gillispie, and then Calipari. My support of this program will never change. Cal himself said this, echoing many others, UK had it before you, they had it with you, and they'll have it after you. This program will be fine. It is bigger than any single coach. It may be rocky for a little while, but we'll come around to competing for championships again in due time.

Win 2 tournament games and that’s an improvement 🤣

Don’t lose to St. Peters
Don’t lose to Oakland

Don’t have the worse season literally in school history.

Last edited:
Wait, I’m confused. Someone help me out here…

This past season we had posters like OP telling us that fans had no say and couldn’t do anything and were ultimately powerless to get a coaching change.

Now their hero is gone and it’s our fault???

Which one is it????

Last edited:

The only national spotlight we had with Cal was negative. The officials hated him. The media hated him. The NCAA hates him.

Being UK, we already have a target on our backs from nearly a century of success in basketball and being instrumental in integrating the SEC. There's plenty of hate enough for us with 8 titles plus the propaganda. We didn't need to add to that with CCC.

I swear it’s like some of y’all are still living in 2015. Kal hasn’t done jackshit at UK in nearly a full decade. The spotlight isn’t leaving and his results will be easily replicated with the right hire. Hurley is about to accomplish in 2 years what Kal couldn’t do in 30+.

Now that it’s over, he goes down as fighting Hall and Tubby for title of 3rd best UK coach.

Looking back, it’s a miracle he made the final fours he did and got the title he got. It took the nba lockout threat to push Jones back to UK along with very good returners and a class with the top 2 players, one of which just had a one in a million growth spurt. It took all of that AND the team overcame Kal’s “coaching” and not choking in the tournament like he caused most teams to do. Just shows how impressive that team was.

Last edited:
I swear it’s like some of y’all are still living in 2015. Kal hasn’t done jackshit at UK in nearly a full decade. The spotlight isn’t leaving and his results will be easily replicated with the right hire. Hurley is about to accomplish in 2 years what Kal couldn’t do in 30+.

Now that it’s over, he goes down as fighting Hall and Tubby for title of 3rd best UK coach.

Looking back, it’s a miracle he made the final fours he did and got the title he got. It took the nba lockout threat to push Jones back to UK along with very good returners and a class with the top 2 players, one of which just had 1 in a million growth spurt. It took all of that AND the team overcame Kal’s “coaching” and not choking in the tournament like he caused most teams to do. Just shows how impressive that team was.

I couldn't believe he didn't choke that 2012 team like he did his first team, but he returned to form after that. 2012 team should be called/known for their ability to overcome his "choaching." If it wasn't for the fans and the program itself, Cal might not have sniffed another title the rest of his days.

The kids that came here played with heart, while Cals heart was only after his own glory. If only he had been more focused on the player's legacies, so many more great Wildcats might have left with titles.

How the F do you screw up that 2015 team with two whole lineups plus of GREAT college AND PRO talent. Only Cal could choke on that greatness

Guys if I may impart a little wisdom on you guys. I sat in Memorial and watched Dan Issel, Louie Dampier and company. I had season tickets when Rupp opened its doors ! We are Ky and we will be back. Even if we make a bad hire this time it won’t last long. Look how long it took to get rid of Gillespie ? Remember what Calipari said when Fed Ex and Memphis backed a Brinkx truck to keep him at Memphis ? He said “ but it’s Kentucky” . The coach’s around the nation know what this is ! It’s the Cowboys, The Celtics, The Yankees all rolled into one. With no pro team in this state our fan base makes this program. There is no coach nor will there be no coach that will be bigger than the program! I do believe this last coach came to think he was which explains his slide the last 5 years. So support our program and whoever is its leader and we’ll be fine. College basketball needs Ky to be good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT