ADVERTISEMENT

Misplaced Attacks

Social media allows uneducated idiots to schowcase to the world their irresponsible behavior.
Look, this clown deserves to be called out to his superiors, but to threaten, harass, and try to ruin his personal business, that's just lowlife behavior.

I'll be the first to sign a petition and let the corrupt NCAA know how we feel, but just quit with the personal attacks.

Winner.

You think the NCAA is afraid of UK fans? What will happen if John Higgins refs a game in Rupp Arena next year? He'd get booed incessantly. That'd be about it. Why would the NCAA possibly care about that? They can so easily spin this saying "it's just a bitter fanbase" and people will believe them. Removing John Higgins does what? Takes 1 guy out the big powerful NCAA machine that is supposedly rigged against us. That's not real progress. It'd take a long time for UK fans to get him removed. The NCAA will have someone else in his place before the first thread on here popped up celebrating the fans' momentous victory.
And?

As I said after the game, Cal could control this easier by creating such an appearance of animosity on both sides that Higgins couldn't possibly be seen as unbiased. Since I've never seen a ref so obviously disfavoring one team, and over multiple games and multiple years, I'd be satisfied to see him gone.

:zzz:
Excuse me. I am very educated, not loud, and am very representative of KY here on the West Coast. I make over 6 figures and am proud to support my roots in KY via donations and pride. I suspect the people objecting are also educated.

The difference is the people posting are change promoters. As in any situation, change starts with promoters and grows upon acceptance. See American Revolution, Trump, ect. This stuff starts small, and not usually in a politically correct manor.
He said a small percentage. Why would you chime in? Boy you sure are quick to defend yourself. You sure you have reading comprehension skills to make six figures?

[laughing][laughing]

I said this in a thread earlier this morning. All the selfish little brats are doing is making sure all the referrees hate us. It's mind-numbing how stupid some "fans" are....and none of them would DARE do any of this garbage under their real name because they are gutless cowards.

Actually, before they took down their Facebook page, I took a look and plenty posted using their real name, so, you know...

Oh no , ref backlash . Like we don't get horribly bad officiating every year and especially in the tournament . So what do we have to lose because sitting idly by hasn't gotten anything accomplished. Let them take some heat if they want to continue the bs calls we see all year long , I think UK fans are fed up with it and are taking things into their own hands since nobody else gives a touch .

UK won't point it out , they're too busy taking the high road which has accomplished nothing . UK may take it laying down and I've lost all respect for our leaders for that but I'm proud the fans have drawn a line . You can't fix anything in the dark , only when the light shines can the problem be corrected .

Higgins is simply a puppet of the NCAA. He did what the NCAA wanted him to do which is why he was rewarded with/allowed to have a referee spot in the Final Four. If somehow it was decided that Higgins would no longer participate in UK games then the NCAA would simply get someone else to do it. Unfortunately there is probably no effective recourse against corruption within NCAA leadership that would lead to positive changes. They don't seem to care that their corruption is obvious. The NCAA unfortunately seems to be way to powerful at this point.

Anyone saying "It makes us look bad"get a pair and comeback to reality.We are mostly Kentuckian we are labeled already and I could care less about how I look to the sensitive media to begin with.If what you're doing is legal then you can give you're opinion.If you are Crooked Referee that to big of a tight wad (even after vegas pays you) to set up a protected site and put you're roofing business on Facebook then you're an idiot.....plus you're highlights look ridiculous!...What kind of man gets highlights!

I understand why fans are upset at Higgins but attacking him perwon't benefit BBN at all. There are way more negatives than positives. The attacks won't do anything but hurt our brand and have possible negative recruiting consequences. Sure some of the reviews on his website are funny but there are some that are idiotic.

Why not go after the NCAA, the head of assigning officials, and the like? It makes more sense to go after the head of the snake. If you hire a company for a job and one of their workers messes something up, do you run and cry on social media about that individual or do you put pressure on the company to make it right? Attacking the mans personal business only makes him look like the victim and us look like a bunch of idiots.

I agree whole completely. Why in god's green earth would they assign an official who had a beef against Cal to that game. How in the hell did Higgins get to call the final 4 after that game. The NCAA official assigning these officials needs to be held accountable and he is the one we need to flood the email in box with questions on why and how. Some one said Higgins will not be calling another UK game, RIGHT, he will call what ever they assign him and do the same crap again. Here is my question, why can't coaches have the right to black ball one official once the tournament comes around.

Higgins is simply a puppet of the NCAA. He did what the NCAA wanted him to do which is why he was rewarded with/allowed to have a referee spot in the Final Four. If somehow it was decided that Higgins would no longer participate in UK games then the NCAA would simply get someone else to do it. Unfortunately there is probably no effective recourse against corruption within NCAA leadership that would lead to positive changes. They don't seem to care that their corruption is obvious. The NCAA unfortunately seems to be way to powerful at this point.
If this is the case then there should be other teams that have experienced the blatant corruption that is shown by Higgins against the Cats. Do you know of others? GO CATS!!

We have some of the dumbest "fans" on the face of the earth. It's a small percentage, but they are very loud, uneducated and make the rest of us look like inbreds whenever they speak.
And other schools don't have these kinds of fans?? GO CATS!!

I'm uneducated as they come.Out of high school went to the Army.I also come from a very small town.I'm sorry I don't always breath through my mouth but have.Some of you High Educated people on this board dont value anyone's opinion and every week it's the same people saying the same things (especially after the election).Sorry I don't live up to the standards of some of you but I'm not going to put down another blue brother for that POS Higgins.Am I going to harass him NO I have a 50plus hour a week job at a steel mill and don't have the time.Some of you are just as harsh judging fellow fans as anyone's judging Higgins and maybe it's my uneducated ass but I just don't get it.Its just people venting let them.Judging people for judging a guy you claim you don't like?

Have to agree with you. CARDSSTINK- I think we all get your point. You've told us how you feel about this subject over and over and over. We get it.

And the 90% of sane U.K. fans get it with all the crying about Higgins. There's only 50 threads on it.
And other schools don't have these kinds of fans?? GO CATS!!

I've said in another post yesterday that college basketball's (all inclusive) worst fans make the sane 90% look bad whenever they get a chance. I do believe Higgins has cost us at least one national championship and maybe even two as I think we could have gotten it done this year or the UCONN game in 2014. Maybe even three as we beat Duke if we get past Wisconsin. The referrees almost make the game unwatchable anymore.

The 90+% of our fanbase that is sane agrees with you, but the small percentage that cry's the loudest is the only one that's heard. Selfish little dweebs that literally have convinced themselves that they can dictate who refs our games. LOL! Who dresses these people?

That 10% is represented well on here. Anyone that thinks this is holding him "accountable " is delusional. Completely delusional.

Reactions: Cardsstink
I said this in a thread earlier this morning. All the selfish little brats are doing is making sure all the referrees hate us. It's mind-numbing how stupid some "fans" are....and none of them would DARE do any of this garbage under their real name because they are gutless cowards.
If you believe the crap you are saying what does it matter if they hate us? Obviously if there is no bias by Higgins then the other refs hating us make no difference either because they are all competent professionals who would never hold a grudge against UK and make bad questionable calls on purpose. You believe that right?

If you believe the crap you are saying what does it matter if they hate us? Obviously if there is no bias by Higgins then the other refs hating us make no difference either because they are all competent professionals who would never hold a grudge against UK and make bad questionable calls on purpose. You believe that right?

This is a good example of someone so angry at our royal shafting that he makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Yes, we got f*cked. However, grownups look at things through the lens of a cost/benefit analysis. That's why kids get in fights for being called a poopoo head and adults don't. Do you really think the NCAA will keep Higgins from reffing our games in the future? Do you really think he'll recuse himself? If he's a shill for the NCAA, he'll either keep on keeping on with their blessing, or the NCAA will find someone else to screw us. If he's just a bad ref with a deep-seeded hatred for us, the NCAA still won't do anything. Just like Uncle Sam doesn't negotiate with terrorists, the NCAA won't reward our fan base for harassing the guy. The flood gates would open for other teams' fans to just harass away their least favorite refs. The NCAA won't capitulate. Nothing good will come from making Higgins miserable. I'm sure it feels good, and it's no doubt made some simple-minded people sleep better for few nights. And yes, we've got our complaints recognized by some talking heads, but more harm will come from it than good.

Reactions: Cardsstink
I understand why fans are upset at Higgins but attacking him perwon't benefit BBN at all. There are way more negatives than positives. The attacks won't do anything but hurt our brand and have possible negative recruiting consequences. Sure some of the reviews on his website are funny but there are some that are idiotic.

Why not go after the NCAA, the head of assigning officials, and the like? It makes more sense to go after the head of the snake. If you hire a company for a job and one of their workers messes something up, do you run and cry on social media about that individual or do you put pressure on the company to make it right? Attacking the mans personal business only makes him look like the victim and us look like a bunch of idiots.
Well considering he's an independent contractor and not an employee of the ncaa..your analogy didn't really pan out. Which is why ncaa officiating will always be terrible...until they are full time employees there will never be any accountability.

I would like pressure on the head of officials to release their rubric and reasons why what officials ate selected and advanced.

Well considering he's an independent contractor and not an employee of the ncaa..your analogy didn't really pan out. Which is why ncaa officiating will always be terrible...until they are full time employees there will never be any accountability.

I would like pressure on the head of officials to release their rubric and reasons why what officials ate selected and advanced.
Which is exactly who I said people should be going after. NCAA & head of officiating.

If this is the case then there should be other teams that have experienced the blatant corruption that is shown by Higgins against the Cats. Do you know of others? GO CATS!!
I do not. I simply believe that Higgins is a corrupt agent of the corrupt NCAA. Not saying that he necessarily has a corrupt agenda in all of the other games that he's involved in.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
I agree whole completely. Why in god's green earth would they assign an official who had a beef against Cal to that game. How in the hell did Higgins get to call the final 4 after that game. The NCAA official assigning these officials needs to be held accountable and he is the one we need to flood the email in box with questions on why and how. Some one said Higgins will not be calling another UK game, RIGHT, he will call what ever they assign him and do the same crap again. Here is my question, why can't coaches have the right to black ball one official once the tournament comes around.
Careful. That type of logical thinking will get you labeled as a fan of some other school, which is the Rupps Rafters SJW version of crying racist.

I'd like to think I am an educated guy (2 degrees from UK) but I see this as a positive and possibly deterrent to other refs for to have a biased whistle.

Reactions: Mojocat
This is a good example of someone so angry at our royal shafting that he makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Yes, we got f*cked. However, grownups look at things through the lens of a cost/benefit analysis. That's why kids get in fights for being called a poopoo head and adults don't. Do you really think the NCAA will keep Higgins from reffing our games in the future? Do you really think he'll recuse himself? If he's a shill for the NCAA, he'll either keep on keeping on with their blessing, or the NCAA will find someone else to screw us. If he's just a bad ref with a deep-seeded hatred for us, the NCAA still won't do anything. Just like Uncle Sam doesn't negotiate with terrorists, the NCAA won't reward our fan base for harassing the guy. The flood gates would open for other teams' fans to just harass away their least favorite refs. The NCAA won't capitulate. Nothing good will come from making Higgins miserable. I'm sure it feels good, and it's no doubt made some simple-minded people sleep better for few nights. And yes, we've got our complaints recognized by some talking heads, but more harm will come from it than good.

The only thing coming from the deadbeat 1% of our fanbase harrassing Higgins is us on the front page of ESPN's website looking like crybabies that need safe spaces, cry rooms and puppy's. We have idiots literally believaing that a mob of cowards can actually force him out of reffing our games. I'm guessing social media has diseased the brains of many fans. I got off of social media almost a decade ago and would never go back into that cess pool.
There are three Louisville fans in this thread who have exposed themselves several times over. Not just this subject. Everyone take notice of who they are and put them on ignore. I've already done it

You are leading the troops to put me on ignore yet you couldn't practice what you preach as you replied to me last night. Funny stuff. Round the troops back up and try again, Cletus.

The only thing coming from the deadbeat 1% of our fanbase harrassing Higgins is us on the front page of ESPN's website looking like crybabies that need safe spaces, cry rooms and puppy's. We have idiots literally believaing that a mob of cowards can actually force him out of reffing our games. I'm guessing social media has diseased the brains of many fans. I got off of social media almost a decade ago and would never go back into that cess pool.

You are leading the troops to put me on ignore yet you couldn't practice what you preach as you replied to me last night. Funny stuff. Round the troops back up and try again, Cletus.

So says Cardsstink/ACCcard from UL board. Have the rest of you noticed that no matter how many posts he makes his post count and likes remain the same.

Mods you're slipping. Such an obvious troll and you let him post.

Ok. I didn't do any of those things(call higgins or review his business etc...) However you said it yourself. If the NCAA does nothing we get screwed if the refs get mad we get screwed. So we can't make it any worse either way we get screwed so I say let the fans that want to, Vent how they want to as long as it isn't illegal(death threats) and cut the self righteous BS of some on this site.

Ok. I didn't do any of those things(call higgins or review his business etc...) However you said it yourself. If the NCAA does nothing we get screwed if the refs get mad we get screwed. So we can't make it any worse either way we get screwed so I say let the fans that want to, Vent how they want to as long as it isn't illegal(death threats) and cut the self righteous BS of some on this site.

You still don't get it.

So says Cardsstink/ACCcard from UL board. Have the rest of you noticed that no matter how many posts he makes his post count and likes remain the same.

Mods you're slipping. Such an obvious troll and you let him post.

I joined like 10 days ago. How many posts do I need to have at this point? Like I said the other day, the worst officiating I've ever seen was when Michigan got the shaft in the final four against Louvull. Why are some of you so stupid that you can't take being disagreed with without throwing your milk on the floor and crying "Louisville fan!!!!". How dare any UK fans disagree with Harrassing a person in real life in what amounts to no more than entertainment. I feel sorry for the kids of some of you. I really do. They have no chance.

Because NCAA refs are INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. They don't give a damn about 'supervision', because they have none. They are given a schedule from some secretary, and they fly to that town and call that game ANY WAY THEY LIKE. Higgins is well known for not giving a sh*t about what the NCAA, conferences, or (in particular) coaches say about him. Shaw is his buddy, and keeps him on the rotation for games, regardless of what people say.

Once again, he OWNS that roofing business. He doesn't run it. He and his wife are the sole owners, and I will bet every person in that building is an independent 'roofing contractor', who then hires a crew of illegal Mexicans to do the job. His 'livelihood' is not 'suffering from a bad ratings'. I'd also wager that he takes a check, whether they make a million or 100 bucks. He makes close to $300,000 per year AFTER expenses from the NCAA. THAT'S his livelihood. And he needs to lose that.

I joined like 10 days ago. How many posts do I need to have at this point? Like I said the other day, the worst officiating I've ever seen was when Michigan got the shaft in the final four against Louvull. Why are some of you so stupid that you can't take being disagreed with without throwing your milk on the floor and crying "Louisville fan!!!!". How dare any UK fans disagree with Harrassing a person in real life in what amounts to no more than entertainment. I feel sorry for the kids of some of you. I really do. They have no chance.

You are a UL troll. We've got our share of dumb asses here who don't notice your post count and likes never change. They suck up and buy.

You picked the right board. What bunch of chumps.

You are a UL troll. We've got our share of dumb asses here who don't notice your post count and likes never change. They suck up and buy.

You picked the right board. What bunch of chumps.

I haven't deleted a single post. I've been here for 10 days and many agree with me. Looks like not many people ever agree with you, lol. Not only am I not a UL fan, I lived in that dump of a city for 6 months and could not wait to leave. I'm not going to take the bait and respond to you and your merry band of twits anymore. Call me whatever you want, you're on Ignore with anybody else that calls me a U of L fan. You idiots can't point to one single thing I've said other than that UK has some dumb fans (like all schools) that make the rest of us look like fools with their behavior.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT