ADVERTISEMENT

Misplaced Attacks

Mar 10, 2003
I understand why fans are upset at Higgins but attacking him perwon't benefit BBN at all. There are way more negatives than positives. The attacks won't do anything but hurt our brand and have possible negative recruiting consequences. Sure some of the reviews on his website are funny but there are some that are idiotic.

Why not go after the NCAA, the head of assigning officials, and the like? It makes more sense to go after the head of the snake. If you hire a company for a job and one of their workers messes something up, do you run and cry on social media about that individual or do you put pressure on the company to make it right? Attacking the mans personal business only makes him look like the victim and us look like a bunch of idiots.

I understand why fans are upset at Higgins but attacking him perwon't benefit BBN at all. There are way more negatives than positives. The attacks won't do anything but hurt our brand and have possible negative recruiting consequences. Sure some of the reviews on his website are funny but there are some that are idiotic.

Why not go after the NCAA, the head of assigning officials, and the like? It makes more sense to go after the head of the snake. If you hire a company for a job and one of their workers messes something up, do you run and cry on social media about that individual or do you put pressure on the company to make it right? Attacking the mans personal business only makes him look like the victim and us look like a bunch of idiots.

The 90+% of our fanbase that is sane agrees with you, but the small percentage that cry's the loudest is the only one that's heard. Selfish little dweebs that literally have convinced themselves that they can dictate who refs our games. LOL! Who dresses these people?

So what happens when his reffing brothers start doing the same as him? Go after them too?

I said this in a thread earlier this morning. All the selfish little brats are doing is making sure all the referrees hate us. It's mind-numbing how stupid some "fans" are....and none of them would DARE do any of this garbage under their real name because they are gutless cowards.

I said this in a thread earlier this morning. All the selfish little brats are doing is making sure all the referrees hate us. It's mind-numbing how stupid some "fans" are....and none of them would DARE do any of this garbage under their real name because they are gutless cowards.
I don't believe that there is a conspiracy against UK. I wouldn't be stunned if we found out refs are betting on basketball, but it's a terrible strategy to go after one ref. Refs are somewhat of a fraternity. His buddies are going to hear about this and support him. That can be costly to UK. Plus, it makes our fans look like crybabies.

If there is some sort of conspiracy we need to go after the NCAA, not 1 official. Taking out 1 official changes nothing. If there is a conspiracy he'd just be replaced. You have to change the system, not the people in it. Fans that are doing this aren't helping Kentucky.

How do you know there were no real names? It seems that very few threats were made so why would anyone worry about using their own name?

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I don't believe that there is a conspiracy against UK. I wouldn't be stunned if we found out refs are betting on basketball, but it's a terrible strategy to go after one ref. Refs are somewhat of a fraternity. His buddies are going to hear about this and support him. That can be costly to UK. Plus, it makes our fans look like crybabies.

If there is some sort of conspiracy we need to go after the NCAA, not 1 official. Taking out 1 official changes nothing. If there is a conspiracy he'd just be replaced. You have to change the system, not the people in it. Fans that are doing this aren't helping Kentucky.

We have some of the dumbest "fans" on the face of the earth. It's a small percentage, but they are very loud, uneducated and make the rest of us look like inbreds whenever they speak.

Last edited:
The 90+% of our fanbase that is sane agrees with you, but the small percentage that cry's the loudest is the only one that's heard. Selfish little dweebs that literally have convinced themselves that they can dictate who refs our games. LOL! Who dresses these people?

Notice the likes and rememeber these are UL fans, including this poster.

The NCAA rewarded his cheating and/or ineptitude by giving him the final four again. They clearly don't care and I can assure you they don't care about us. Cal should have handled this from the beginning of the game but he didn't. I'm not sure how much fans are supposed to tolerate when they have to watch their team get cheated again and again by a specific official. You want to see real tension? Wait til the next game he calls for us. There will be tension....a lot of it.

I am so glad we have a fan monitor now. Do you give stars out to people who agree with you?
These fans that are doing this are awful fans. It's ok to yell at refs or think they are bad but these fans are talking it too far and give other UK fans a bad name. These fans doing it are pieces of sh*t and I hope karma comes back on them. It's a damn sport not life or death. Some people really have no life or horrible lives if they resort to this.

People need to get over this, the ref did not do a good job but he isn't the reason UK lost, the players and the coach are the reason. Tough loss, bad ref, get over it and move on. When grown men act like this or constantly complain about this every day it shows a lack of maturity and gives every opposing fan base amunition to say "see I told you they are the worse fan base in college sports".

We have some of the dumbest "fans" on the face of the earth. It's a small percentage, but they are very loud, uneducated and make the rest of us look like inbreds whenver they speak.

Baby steps my friend, baby steps. :)

We have some of the dumbest "fans" on the face of the earth. It's a small percentage, but they are very loud, uneducated and make the rest of us look like inbreds whenver they speak.
It's embarrassing for us. There's no other way to put it. I get it we're pissed about the game, but what some fans are doing is just absurd. If we're going to go on a crusade against something, let's at least get after the NCAA. That I will get on board with. Well, not personally attacking people like some UK fans are doing, but I think you get the idea.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
What consequences does he have other than people trolling his business page?

He should be dealt with by the NCAA. They do not. Maybe he will think twice before screwing over a team next time. He does not want his other business hurt so maybe he will not so blatantly make bogus calls/no calls.

I have hated this guy since 2011. I said earlier that our season would end with Higgins. You think I am a clairvoyant?

We lost. Get over it. Everyone making a fuss about the refs is making us look like f****** idiots.

I assume you work for somebody other than yourself Blue-2
I assume you think he won't have his secretary take care of the reviews for a few months until everyone gets tired of posting them. Also, knowing that the CEO of the business you're looking at is a referee will make you take any ridiculous reviews with a grain of salt. Media will be on the Higgins is a victim train any time if it blows up. Recommendation and quality of work get you business not your stars on Facebook or Google.

He should be dealt with by the NCAA. They do not. Maybe he will think twice before screwing over a team next time. He does not want his other business hurt so maybe he will not so blatantly make bogus calls/no calls.

I have hated this guy since 2011. I said earlier that our season would end with Higgins. You think I am a clairvoyant?
I knew it when it was announced he was the official. Everyone who follows refereeing did. You don't think the NCAA didn't know that?

We have some of the dumbest "fans" on the face of the earth. It's a small percentage, but they are very loud, uneducated and make the rest of us look like inbreds whenever they speak.

Excuse me. I am very educated, not loud, and am very representative of KY here on the West Coast. I make over 6 figures and am proud to support my roots in KY via donations and pride. I suspect the people objecting are also educated.

The difference is the people posting are change promoters. As in any situation, change starts with promoters and grows upon acceptance. See American Revolution, Trump, ect. This stuff starts small, and not usually in a politically correct manor.

Excuse me. I am very educated, not loud, and am very representative of KY here on the West Coast. I make over 6 figures and am proud to support my roots in KY via donations and pride. I suspect the people objecting are also educated.

The difference is the people posting are change promoters. As in any situation, change starts with promoters and grows upon acceptance. See American Revolution, Trump, ect. This stuff starts small, and not usually in a politically correct manor.
You're comparing internet trolling to the American Revolution? You're only making the case for the last post you quoted.

Social media allows uneducated idiots to schowcase to the world their irresponsible behavior.
Look, this clown deserves to be called out to his superiors, but to threaten, harass, and try to ruin his personal business, that's just lowlife behavior.

I'll be the first to sign a petition and let the corrupt NCAA know how we feel, but just quit with the personal attacks.

The NCAA rewarded his cheating and/or ineptitude by giving him the final four again. They clearly don't care and I can assure you they don't care about us. Cal should have handled this from the beginning of the game but he didn't. I'm not sure how much fans are supposed to tolerate when they have to watch their team get cheated again and again by a specific official. You want to see real tension? Wait til the next game he calls for us. There will be tension....a lot of it.
You think the NCAA is afraid of UK fans? What will happen if John Higgins refs a game in Rupp Arena next year? He'd get booed incessantly. That'd be about it. Why would the NCAA possibly care about that? They can so easily spin this saying "it's just a bitter fanbase" and people will believe them. Removing John Higgins does what? Takes 1 guy out the big powerful NCAA machine that is supposedly rigged against us. That's not real progress. It'd take a long time for UK fans to get him removed. The NCAA will have someone else in his place before the first thread on here popped up celebrating the fans' momentous victory.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone

Sacramento, Ky.?

We lost. Get over it. Everyone making a fuss about the refs is making us look like f****** idiots.

Individuals are responsible for their own behavior.

The NCAA is the problem. It's a disgusting enterprise. If anyone wants to go harass them, I'll drive, pick ya'll up and I'll even buy the dam beer.

Yes they are.

Social media allows uneducated idiots to schowcase to the world their irresponsible behavior.
Look, this clown deserves to be called out to his superiors, but to threaten, harass, and try to ruin his personal business, that's just lowlife behavior.

I agree. Would never bother the man. Weird though, I enjoy the laughs.

All other avenues have been tried. Did not work and it has, in fact, gotten worse. Time to make this ugly and keep it that way until some fairness is restored. Simple as that.

All other avenues have been tried. Did not work and it has, in fact, gotten worse. Time to make this ugly and keep it that way until some fairness is restored. Simple as that.
Not really. It's the equivalent of the crybabies protesting Trumps election or BLM burning down their own neighborhoods. It's all worked so well.

Reactions: martycat1
ADVERTISEMENT