ADVERTISEMENT

Mintz IG post

I hope Mintz returns and gets to have the real UK experience instead of the BS COVID one. He could finish his grad degree which he might use down the road and go overseas in a year or maybe even improve enough to slide into the NBA. If he wants a real shot at the NBA there is no better stage to showcase his improvements than UK. If Mulder could make it then there is a shot Mintz could if he works hard and can put a season together like the end of last season. I really think it is the best thing for him compared to Jackson who I want to stay selfishly, but know he should go.

As long as IJ is in the Top 25 I think you gotta go. But if there is any chance he slides to like 31st you come back. I mean maybe IJ wouldn't be happy with 20th-25th and if so cool. I think he could improve drastically like PJ and be a force next season and a lottery pick.

I bet these players love it when fans try to decipher these “cryptic “ tweets

MV5BM2M3YWRkN2MtZDg5OC00NmRmLTliNzctMTBkZjQzZTlkYmQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE5MjUyOTM@._V1_.jpg

I don’t know what Mintz is saying but I do know far too many athletes are loaded with self-importance. I can think of 10 people, not family or friends, that I would like to hang with for a day and none of them are athletes. They need to realize they are simply our entertainment.

Last edited:
I don’t know what Mintz is saying but I do know far too many athletes are loaded with self-importance. I can’t think of 10 people, not family or friends, that I would like to hang with for a day and none of them are athletes. They need to realize they are simply our entertainment.
Movie stars are FAR worse, IMO.

I don’t know what Mintz is saying but I do know far too many athletes are loaded with self-importance. I can think of 10 people, not family or friends, that I would like to hang with for a day and none of them are athletes. They need to realize they are simply our entertainment.
He literally only posted on his IG like everyone else under 40 does every day. It’s the people in this thread giving his post importance. We don’t really know his story or what chip he has on his shoulder that gives him motivation. My guess is that he looks at all the time he’s put in the gym to work on his game as a sacrifice.

Who cares. Here’s a bit of advice. I don’t have Twitter, Instagram, or any similar crap social media app. They’re a ridiculous waste of time.

Reactions: BaronReborn84
To get to the level these guys have, there's been a huge amount of sacrifice.

From childhood, they've been putting in work instead of doing the typical kid stuff. They spent weekends traveling to play. Lots of them missed prom, moved away from friends, etc. to play at a high school that would further their basketball opportunities. They moved away from their families to attend the best place for their careers. They've put in hours of work and travel on top of course work.

And they haven't been paid (legally) a dime for it. That's a big ask of an adolescent and teenager. That's not to say there aren't benefits and rewards. But the military has those too. Virtually no one sacrifices for nothing. People tend to do what's best for themselves.

To get to the level these guys have, there's been a huge amount of sacrifice.

From childhood, they've been putting in work instead of doing the typical kid stuff. They spent weekends traveling to play. Lots of them missed prom, moved away from friends, etc. to play at a high school that would further their basketball opportunities. They moved away from their families to attend the best place for their careers. They've put in hours of work and travel on top of course work.

And they haven't been paid (legally) a dime for it. That's a big ask of an adolescent and teenager. That's not to say there aren't benefits and rewards. But the military has those too. Virtually no one sacrifices for nothing. People tend to do what's best for themselves.
I'd rather play ball than go to prom...LOL.

Plenty of perks along the way for these young men. I'd say the scales have tipped in their favor quite a bit over their years of "sacrifice".

Who cares. Here’s a bit of advice. I don’t have Twitter, Instagram, or any similar crap social media app. They’re a ridiculous waste of time.
That's actually not true. I have FB and IG. I use them for friends and family and hobbies like fishing, nature, aquariums etc. Social media platforms are what you make of them. If a person gets down in the mud, that's their decision, not the platform.

I'd rather play ball than go to prom...LOL.

Plenty of perks along the way for these young men. I'd say the scales have tipped in their favor quite a bit over their years of "sacrifice".

It's a give-and-take for sure. I guess my point was that's the case with nearly everything we deem a "sacrifice." Very few people take a path that has no perks or rewards along the way or waiting for them at the end.

That's actually not true. I have FB and IG. I use them for friends and family and hobbies like fishing, nature, aquariums etc. Social media platforms are what you make of them. If a person gets down in the mud, that's their decision, not the platform.

No Social Media Guy is a lot like I Dont Watch the NBA Guy. They're quick to tell you they have nothing to do with it but that doesn't stop them from being experts.

But you're exactly right. The best part of social media is that it's entirely curated by the user. I get a kick out of folks who sew a suit out of poison ivy and then complain that suits are itchy.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
I have Facebook (though it’s an extremely biased platform) for the very reasons you listed. But Twitter and Instagram and the likes are nothing but trash. They’re mainly an outlet for so-called celebs to try to tell the rest of us what to do and how to think, not to mention patting themselves on the back and whining when things don’t go their way.

I have Facebook (though it’s an extremely biased platform) for the very reasons you listed. But Twitter and Instagram and the likes are nothing but trash. They’re mainly an outlet for so-called celebs to try to tell the rest of us what to do and how to think, not to mention patting themselves on the back and whining when things don’t go their way.
I find IG the least engaging and more enjoyable of the three. More of a platform for quick pics of hobbies and interests and not arguments. FB I use mainly for friends and family. I don't even mess with Twitter. From what I understand, it's even worse than FB in terms of online arguments and hate.

I find IG the least engaging and more enjoyable of the three. More of a platform for quick pics of hobbies and interests and not arguments. FB I use mainly for friends and family. I don't even mess with Twitter. From what I understand, it's even worse than FB in terms of online arguments and hate.
twitter is awful. everybody should uninstall their twitter app.

This is pretty silly. They are human beings not a ****ing video game. This is what’s wrong with our society nobody has heart anymore. Everybodies head shoved in a phone watching tik tok and you tube and think that stuff is real life . These athletes owe us nothing and deserve to be treated like people not an item here to entertain the masses and not allowed to have problems, make mistakes or form opinions. Just shut up and entertain me now but you better win and kiss the fans asses our I will be mean on your Twitter.

Sorry but this thread sucks. Half people bashing him for not sacrificing enough when they have no clue what he’s even referring to. Who here knows what he has sacrificed in his basketball or personal life? Who of you get to judge whether his sacrifices in whatever capacity are worthy enough? I sure as shit don’t, but please carry on.

Wake me up when someone actually announces something g on social media. I will avoid the rest of these moving forward.

This is pretty silly. They are human beings not a ****ing video game. This is what’s wrong with our society nobody has heart anymore. Everybodies head shoved in a phone watching tik tok and you tube and think that stuff is real life . These athletes owe us nothing and deserve to be treated like people not an item here to entertain the masses and not allowed to have problems, make mistakes or form opinions. Just shut up and entertain me now but you better win and kiss the fans asses our I will be mean on your Twitter.

You are free to call it whatever you want to call it but it’s the reality of the situation. Athletes are entertainers, win or lose. Sports in general are entertainment, win or lose. People will pay to go to a concert, movie or sporting event. People will pay for whatever tv service and give ratings to a tv program or sporting event. No one said they can’t have an opinion or speak their mind’s. Just understand that most people you are entertaining don’t give a flip what you think or how you feel. This is also the reality of the business world. Provide a product or service and no one really cares what you think or feel. Do your thing and stop acting as if someone needs to see you, hear you or prop you up.

By the way, I’ve never used tik tok.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
This thread is amazing. Someone literally explained it and people continue to fight about it for another couple days. God bless the rafters.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Yes, yes, yes!! And I 1000% agree about the celebrities. And they actually think we like hearing their opinions and instructions to us on how to think, etc. LOL!!!

Reactions: BourbonBalz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT