ADVERTISEMENT

Mike White

kyboy1998

All-SEC
Mar 20, 2006
Florida was pretty fortunate getting him. I think the Florida job was pretty toxic for potential coaches. A football school coming off of an extended run of success made for a tough act to follow. His teams compete hard and play good fundamental team basketball. Great to watch and great for out conference.

I imagine they will be gassed tomorrow after this game tonight. Playing Duke would be tough at this event anyway because I'm sure the script is written for them to win. A Florida win would really hurt the Phil Knight and Coach K photo opp with the trophy they are looking for.

They play Sunday night. I knew Mike White was good. Florida has shooters all over, which is lethal, especially with the changes in the rules (scores are way up, almost to where it was in the 90's). Florida's top six players are upper-classmen; this is an enormous advantage, especially early. It seems that Florida has six or seven upperclassmen every year.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
When Billy left, I thought Florida would have to go through one coach to get a good one. The "don't follow a legend" kind of deal. However, I think Mike White is a great, great coach.

His guys play hard for him and generally play sound basketball.

Reactions: RipThru
They play Sunday night. I knew Mike White was good. Florida has shooters all over, which is lethal, especially with the changes in the rules (scores are way up, almost to where it was in the 90's). Florida's top six players are upper-classmen; this is an enormous advantage, especially early. It seems that Florida has six or seven upperclassmen every year.
I didn't realize that. I haven't kept up with the event. I've just caught a couple of games and assumed it was a back to back day event.

Thanks for letting me know.

When Billy left, I thought Florida would have to go through one coach to get a good one. The "don't follow a legend" kind of deal. However, I think Mike White is a great, great coach.

His guys play hard for him and generally play sound basketball.

Mike White is a good one; I knew it then. Florida knows how to play basketball, and they can shoot like the Warriors. With the rule changes, this becomes extremely deadly. I don't think Florida wins three out of four championships, but I can definitely see them competing for them. Having tons of upperclassmen help; Florida tends to get the best out of the transfers. Why KeVaughn Allen is still at Florida is beyond me. Chiozza is challenging Perry Ellis for the longest career at a university. I thought Florida was the best team in the SEC; I don't see 21-0 as the SEC is much better than in 2014 and 2015, but they should win it and win the title. Florida will probably lose a few. Hopefully they can hang 100 on Duke.

They'll win the SEC this year. They were close to a final four last year.

Playing Duke would be tough at this event anyway because I'm sure the script is written for them to win. A Florida win would really hurt the Phil Knight and Coach K photo opp with the trophy they are looking for.
What script would that be? Are you saying Phil Knight has paid the officials? If so, I hope he has a good lawyer.

Florida was pretty fortunate getting him. I think the Florida job was pretty toxic for potential coaches. A football school coming off of an extended run of success made for a tough act to follow. His teams compete hard and play good fundamental team basketball. Great to watch and great for out conference.

I imagine they will be gassed tomorrow after this game tonight. Playing Duke would be tough at this event anyway because I'm sure the script is written for them to win. A Florida win would really hurt the Phil Knight and Coach K photo opp with the trophy they are looking for.

After watching that game last night against Gonzaga Florida is definitely good!! Hope they have gas left for the PUKE!!

White's ready to challenge Rupp's wins record in the SEC and UCLA's consecutive title streak. Florida becomes a basketball school as the official king of the 3-and-done! You watch!!! Cal will be left on the trash heap like Mike Anderson and Andy Kennedy signing 2-stars before long.

It was a good game. UF, I believe, is without their big kid down low. Their guard and wing players are very good. Neither team played very good defense.

When these upper class leaves I want to see how the roster shapes out and how he does then. If they still look as good, I am sold on him being a truly, legit coach in all aspects.Obviously a final four or better with this team would be nice for his resume as well.

Gonna be a cakewalk through the sec for uf for sure. i say give them the trophy now and pencil in white as sec/nat coy. :clap:

Yep. I also heard that Brad Steven's stayed up late every night worrying about White taking his job next year. Crazy times.

Reactions: HICATFAN
This guy will have Florida competing at the same level that Donovan had them on for years. He is in serious recruiting territory and like others have said he is a very good coach, that makes a combination of having a serious team every year..

When these upper class leaves I want to see how the roster shapes out and how he does then. If they still look as good, I am sold on him being a truly, legit coach in all aspects.Obviously a final four or better with this team would be nice for his resume as well.

From last years team I think he lost---- Kasey hill, Devin Robinson and Barry.
And maybe one other? Leon, maybe?
The point being, they seem better this year despite heavy losses. Guy is managing roster well.
I don't know much about his recruiting other than that they landed a kid named nembhard, who I have seen a lot and think will be very, very good.

Will tape the game against Duke and will only watch if UF win. I will do that with most Duke games, and won't watch UNCheat ever again unless we have to play them.

From last years team I think he lost---- Kasey hill, Devin Robinson and Barry.
And maybe one other? Leon, maybe?
The point being, they seem better this year despite heavy losses. Guy is managing roster well.
I don't know much about his recruiting other than that they landed a kid named nembhard, who I have seen a lot and think will be very, very good.
Transfers. I hate the idea but if you cant get FR studs having guys waiting in the wings that either already know the system or are 5th year dudes like th Russian dude they have make up time fast. self has abused transfers white appears to be in on it too.

Florida fans probably wish their AD could pick Football coaches like Basketball coaches!!! He is legit.

Transfers. I hate the idea but if you cant get FR studs having guys waiting in the wings that either already know the system or are 5th year dudes like th Russian dude they have make up time fast. self has abused transfers white appears to be in on it too.

Yeah, I am not a fan of the grad transfer rule at all. But like I have said about the OAD rule--- while it exists, it would be foolish to sit back and let others beat you with it.

It can only "seem like it" though. There only 13 scholarship players so the only way to actually do it would be to build a program on JUCOs and 5th year transfers, peppering in a a guy or two that style four years, and seldom to never have anyone go early at all meaning you are running very shallow in the talent department all around.

Last edited:
Mike White is a good one; I knew it then. Florida knows how to play basketball, and they can shoot like the Warriors. With the rule changes, this becomes extremely deadly. I don't think Florida wins three out of four championships, but I can definitely see them competing for them. Having tons of upperclassmen help; Florida tends to get the best out of the transfers. Why KeVaughn Allen is still at Florida is beyond me. Chiozza is challenging Perry Ellis for the longest career at a university. I thought Florida was the best team in the SEC; I don't see 21-0 as the SEC is much better than in 2014 and 2015, but they should win it and win the title. Florida will probably lose a few. Hopefully they can hang 100 on Duke.
My grandfather saw Perry Ellis play back in the 30's...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT