ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Leach in 5 weeks

We'll get to see Leach's offense vs. UK in two weeks. But he's always thrown it well and that is his forte.

But don't you think Leach defense will hold us under 200 yards rushing in two weeks?

Serious ?-has Stoops had a top half SEC QB for 1 one year since he’s been here?

No, but somehow Leach has made his system work year after year. He finds a QB or makes them work, whatever it is. In part, I think it's that he puts QBs in position to make fairly easy throws that can and often do turn into big plays. UK has not been able to do that with our QBs.

This. I heard we had way more experience and were better on the lines. Didn’t look that way at all. Auburn was bigger, faster and stronger. And the talent disparity at WR was astounding.

I think we saw exactly what we expected to see. UK ran the ball very well against a lesser experienced defensive line. UK also did pretty solid against the offensive line of Auburn. Limited their run game. The difference was WRs. Ours just aren't talented. Theirs are. We knew that going in, but hoped our good defensive backs could hold up. For the most part, they did. Gave up just 2 long drives. Turnovers killed us, as did no big defensive plays ourselves.

LSU losing 17 starters, eleven to the NFL, has something to do with Mssissippi's success, but Costello is the real deal.

I understand but how many of the DBs on LSU did we NOT even recruit cause we had no chance but look at how the one we got performed tday plus Leach had a new QB,
relatively new staff, put in a new offense with kids he DIDNT recruit

Excuses are there for both sides
Now stand in front of the mirror and honestly answer this ?
Would you rather been the returning coach at the defending champion LSU team or the new coach at a formerly running team and installing a passing offense the gets over 600 record breaking yards in your first game?

Thought so-lol

Reactions: Johnfarrel
600+ yards passing for a QB in his first game under Leach. WOW!!

I thought the Air Raid couldn't work in the SEC?

Mike Leach just proved that he is an OUTSTANDING coach.

im-32144

Serious ?-has Stoops had a top half SEC QB for 1 one year since he’s been here?

Patrick Towles

Costello was rated as top 5 QB, 6100 passing yards 49 tds at Stanford.
Leach has got a gunslinger in his offense for sure.
Games like this he'll break Burrows season record in less games

Last edited:
Only 9 rushing yards, 623 passing yards.

I suspect this will become more balanced with time.

I mean, hell, their QB might drop the ball and have to pick it up and run it!!

Last edited:
For all the haters who said Leaches offense wouldn’t work on the SEC......Mitch made a big mistake by hiring the clown Stoops instead of Leach. We would have lost against LSU by 30.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
I
For all the haters who said Leaches offense wouldn’t work on the SEC......Mitch made a big mistake by hiring the clown Stoops instead of Leach. We would have lost against LSU by 30.
I agree that Leach is the real deal, but he was probably not an option when we hired Stoops. He was one year in on a new P5 job and wasn't even really a realistic candidate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT