ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Cal

Jan 21, 2013
for everything you have done for BBN. Even though we've had our struggles the past 5 years you have accomplished great things here and you deserve appreciation for that. You will be missed. Good luck at Arkansas and I'm sure you will have them back to prominence in no time.

for everything you have done for BBN. Even though we've had our struggles the past 5 years you have accomplished great things here and you deserve appreciation for that. You will be missed. Good luck at Arkansas and I'm sure you will have them back to prominence in no time.
Good bye Cal if true. Now Mitch find a Coach that will be about UK and not the NBA.

The lack of appreciation for what Cal has done just amazes me. Before the last five years of bad luck we were the top program in all of basketball hands downs. You fail to remember that.
It's one thing to thank him for what he did and yes he did win a championship but if you look at what he got paid and the players he had he should of had at least 2 or more. He's probably been one of the most underachieving coaches ever. Also to wish him luck coaching a conference foe is pretty stupid

Good riddance

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
You left out the "For leaving" part in the thread title.

It's like taking care of children on here sometimes. Hold tight, someone will be there soon the change your Huggies.

It's one thing to thank him for what he did and yes he did win a championship but if you look at what he got paid and the players he had he should of had at least 2 or more. He's probably been one of the most underachieving coaches ever. Also to wish him luck coaching a conference foe is pretty stupid
lol terrible take

I can assure you that you don’t speak on behalf of all of the BBN.

I'm glad Calipari came when he did in 2009. We were trending downward in a bad way and he injected some much needed energy into the program by bringing Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, and others. It really felt like we went from zero to hero in no time.

His trajectory here would've been much different had that 2015 Final Four gone another way. We go 40-0, he parlays that into an NBA job and we probably look at him as the second-best coach of all-time here behind Rupp. Unfortunately, he was never the same after that loss and the energy in the program took a big hit once he got his big contract and COVID happened.

As others have said numerous times, the game changed and Cal hasn't changed with it, whether it be with the transfer portal, emphasis on more spacing, etc. It was time for him to move on and this gig at Arkansas is the best for both schools.

This op has troll all over it
This. Every one of his posts that I’ve seen have been about either criticizing the UK fan base or trying to stir up adverse reactions.

He’s here just troll us. Best not to take the bait.

Good riddance.

Your lips hurt?

• Haha
Reactions: Bkocats and KFuqua
He totally underachieved his last 5 years here.... Bringing him down to an average coach level at UK.... Get a clue dude!

200w.gif

I'm just glad he finally decided the time was right to leave. And it really was. Now BBN can have a more favorable opinion of Cal going forward. Had he stuck around and stunk things up another season. it would have gotten brutally ugly for him. The way it is now, both we and Cal have a chance for a fresh start and we aren't saddled with a $33 million buyout. This really was the best move for all parties involved.

It's pretty bittersweet. Considering what the program was doing for the first 5-6 years, he completely underachieved at the end. Still, he increased our FFs, championships and made UK a cool place to go to again. I think you can be happy he's gone and still give him credit for what he accomplished.

Losing the way we did with that 38-1 team took alot out of my fandom, I can only imagine what it took out of Cal and some of the players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT