ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Daum to Return to SD State

I just can't believe he thinks another year there will raise his stock anymore. At his age, if an NBA career is what you want, you gotta break the mold of what you've been doing.

He's a really good player. I think he should stay in the draft. But at the very least you should spend a year elsewhere.

I just can't believe he thinks another year there will raise his stock anymore. At his age, if an NBA career is what you want, you gotta break the mold of what you've been doing.

He's a really good player. I think he should stay in the draft. But at the very least you should spend a year elsewhere.
He just might not be worried about making a bunch of money as soon as possible. He just may think that you have to grow up fast enough in life without speeding up the process. He may like the college life. He is a legend in the state of South Dakota, and feels he owes the university and the fans one more year. He is as big in South Dakota as Larry Bird was in Indiana years ago. Whether a lot of you people believe it or not he can play. A lot of people said Bird couldn't play either, but he turned out ok. Daum will be just fine at a place he loves and everyone loves him. I know a lot of you on here don't believe it , but not everyone in the world is money hungry.

He just might not be worried about making a bunch of money as soon as possible. He just may think that you have to grow up fast enough in life without speeding up the process. He may like the college life. He is a legend in the state of South Dakota, and feels he owes the university and the fans one more year. He is as big in South Dakota as Larry Bird was in Indiana years ago. Whether a lot of you people believe it or not he can play. A lot of people said Bird couldn't play either, but he turned out ok. Daum will be just fine at a place he loves and everyone loves him. I know a lot of you on here don't believe it , but not everyone in the world is money hungry.

A legend in South Dakota? Well that's what life is really about. I'm sure that's what he's devoted his entire life to.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
It's posters such as yourself that make the rest of the country look at us Kentucky fans as idiots. Daum might just like the state of South Dakota.

If you think I'm why the rest of the country thinks we're idiots you really should read more threads.

And good for him. But as I said, if he wants a basketball career, he may want to shoot a bit higher.

Reactions: shutzhund
Good to hear it really is. I am happy for the team that has 1 more shot at their 1 shinning moment if he can bring them back to the dance 1 more season. So many times it happens too fast they trade their passion for glory. Don't lose a grip on the dreams of the past you must fight just to keep them alive.

Reactions: dtzanetos
Good for him. He looked like a Duke player so glad he spurned the Devils for the lovely land of South Dakota for one more season.

Thats probably best..............who?
He played as well as Keita Bates-Diop, the Big 10 Player of the Year, in a direct matchup in round 1 of NCAA Tournament this year. 2x Honorable Mention All-American too

SDSU has potential for making a decent run for a mid major next year too

If you think I'm why the rest of the country thinks we're idiots you really should read more threads.

And good for him. But as I said, if he wants a basketball career, he may want to shoot a bit higher.
some of the best players to play in the nba came out of small schools

Reactions: TheOtherGreatOne
Idk why some are acting as is people are hating on South Dakota. Pretty much no one cares about SD. That’s the problem.

He doesn’t owe SD a thing. Transferring to a major program isn’t disloyal, it’s smart. Others have had success coming from that school... just way, way fewer.

Idk why some are acting as is people are hating on South Dakota. Pretty much no one cares about SD. That’s the problem.

He doesn’t owe SD a thing. Transferring to a major program isn’t disloyal, it’s smart. Others have had success coming from that school... just way, way fewer.
They play a decent OOC schedule for a midmajor. Iowa, Wichita State, Kansas, Ole Miss, Wyoming, Colorado, and Buffalo last year

From the sound of it, NBA Scouts just want him to improve his body and athleticism next year more than anything

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT