ADVERTISEMENT

Miguel Mena dies

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
He rode in the Derby twice. 15th in wins at Churchill Downs and he was only 34. Strange circumstances. He was crossing I64 on foot.

He rode in the Derby twice. 15th in wins at Churchill Downs and he was only 34. Strange circumstances. He was crossing I64 on foot.

Vaccine got another one.

Reactions: CrittendenWildcat
Wierd, I wondered what was going on over there last nigh, when we passed by there going eastbound on 64. I could see blue flashing lights on the other side of the barricade, then when we got a little further up i could see in the rear view mirror what looked like 10 police cars blocking the interstate and a ton of backed up traffic. Not sure where he was trying to go with that barrier in place.

Just awful -- rode a bunch for several of my horseman buddies.

Definitely weird to be walking down an Interstate (I hadn't seen that he was "crossing").

Car trouble, perhaps?
The article on WDRB says they don't know of a car anywhere around so I don't know.

• Sad
Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Fare thee well sweet prince. May all of your at bats be filled with hanging sliders....

Cabrera_i.jpg

He was coming up as my cousin's career was winding down, and by all accounts was just a great guy to be around. Sad news.

Reactions: Glenn's take
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT