ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan vs Washington natl title game

JHB4UK

All-American
May 29, 2001
Excited to watch this tonight. 2 well coached talented teams, should be a 1 score game close all the way. Iliking the Huskies in an upset, Penix & his NFL pack of wide recievers score too much for Wolverines to keep up.

Wash 30
Mich 26

Reactions: DSGTCAT28
I bet chubby Josh Heupel wished he wouldn't have pulled Penix scholarship offer and had him at UT this season.
I think it was actually the Pruitt regime that pulled Penix’s offer. He was committed to play for Butch Jones.

Fantastic strength on strength matchup with Wash O vs Mich D. Neither have faced elite competition on the opposite side this season yet till tonight.

Is Mich D legit, or the result of playing a bunch if awful Big 10 Os?

Same for Wash O, looks great from a season of Pac 12 football?

I bet chubby Josh Heupel wished he wouldn't have pulled Penix scholarship offer and had him at UT this season.
That was Cornbread Pruitt that refused to honor his commitment to UT.

Penix has played at least 6 full seasons. Eligible for AARP next year.

That was Cornbread Pruitt that refused to honor his commitment to UT.

Penix has played at least 6 full seasons. Eligible for AARP next year.
My guy Penix was in the same recruiting class as Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Jamarr Chase, Micah Parsons, and our very own Kelvin Joseph. He's been around a loooong time

I'm sticking with Michigan to win because at some point this season I watched them and thought to myself they were the best team I'd seen all year. Not going to be a prisoner of the moment and pick Washington, even if I'd rather they win.

For Washington, hate Michigan, but I think Michigan wins. I got a feeling the Pac12 schedule will catch up to them. They haven't played a team like Michigan's defense. They will NOT score in the 30s. I also think the RB for Michigan will exploit the pac12 defense. This one will be won in the trenches, huge advantage for Michigan IMO. Pennix is a bad man, he has 3 stud wrs and a very solid TE. But his line is very suspect. I predict minimum 5 sacks and several hurried throws.
I predict
Michigan 34
Washington 24. Time of possession will be lopsided and the Washington defense will run out of gas. Taking chalk and laying 5.

Reactions: CatsDomain
Interested in what kind of crowd in Houston, completely full? Should be Mich advantage?

For Washington, hate Michigan, but I think Michigan wins. I got a feeling the Pac12 schedule will catch up to them. They haven't played a team like Michigan's defense. They will NOT score in the 30s. I also think the RB for Michigan will exploit the pac12 defense. This one will be won in the trenches, huge advantage for Michigan IMO. Pennix is a bad man, he has 3 stud wrs and a very solid TE. But his line is very suspect. I predict minimum 5 sacks and several hurried throws.
I predict
Michigan 34
Washington 24. Time of possession will be lopsided and the Washington defense will run out of gas. Taking chalk and laying 5.
Re Washington's OL and FWIW....they won the Joe Moore Award given to the top OL in college football.

I expect WA to be able to score. Not sure MI has faced a scheme like WA's with the skill position and QB quality. Yes, they will put pressure on Penix but he can get rid of the ball in a hurry and those WRs and RBs can hurt you. If MI sells out for the blitz, they could give up some huge plays.

MI's offense could definitely control the LOS and TOP, keeping the Huskies' O on the sideline. But, MI's offense isn't built for 3rd and long and WA may just be able to make them uncomfortable and unable to sustain drive after drive. If MI gets behind, don't think they have the firepower to win 48-45. Also, don't downplay WA's ability to win a bunch of close games this year. They've proven they won't fold under pressure and can handle playing from behind. The AL game was the first all year that MI has been behind in the 4th quarter.

If I had to predict a score, I'd say MI 34 - WA 31 in a close one. Both good teams with a few warts but should be a good, well-played game.

expect WA to be able to score. Not sure MI has faced a scheme like WA's with the skill position and QB quality. Yes, they will put pressure on Penix but he can get rid of the ball in a hurry and those WRs and RBs can hurt you. If MI sells out for the blitz, they could give up some huge plays.

Imo the key will be upfront. If Michigan can get pressure with four, Washington really doesn't stand a chance. UT got it at times but penix was like a wizard.

The mismatch will be in the trenches on the other side. Michigan will run the ball at will imo. Texas did whenever they stuck with it. No clue why they threw so much, but Michigan won't make that mistake

I'm sticking with Michigan to win because at some point this season I watched them and thought to myself they were the best team I'd seen all year. Not going to be a prisoner of the moment and pick Washington, even if I'd rather they win.
I am pulling for Washington but just not sure they can handle Michigan's defense.

If anyone can, it is Penix if he is on.

Texas front 4 is no joke, esp 2 inside guys. And last week Wash O could do whatever it wanted. Plus the Huskies O line isn't an overrated joke like Bama.

Reactions: cathouse
Advantage Washington. They have Molly McGrath vs Holly Rowe with Michigan. Huge advantage for the Huskies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT