ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan has a no-nepotism rule

...........I see no chance he goes anywhere that he can't hire Brad. Tubby went to Minnesota so he could hire Gigi and eventually Saul I think as they didn't have that rule.

Cross Michigan off the list. SMU? Vandy? Do they have the rule?
That ain’t the reason he won’t go to Michigan.

Instead, I think the reason is because Michigan simply does not want him. At least not if they’d have to pay him enough to get him to give up the crazy contract he has with UK.

The version of Cal that was once in such high demand no longer exists. They can do better than what he has now become.

Google says they have a no-nepotism rule but I dont know for sure. I bet SMU doesn't so that sounds possible. Warner weather and he'd rarely have to play anybody he knew (ackward). If he did, that would mean he was in the tournament and he'd relish that.
I don’t understand why Cal won’t retire and be a broadcaster. He would be excellent at that.

That ain’t the reason he won’t go to Michigan.

Instead, I think the reason is because Michigan simply does not want him. At least not if they’d have to pay him enough to get him to give up the crazy contract he has with UK.

They can do better than what Cal has now become.

Well that's probably true. But He's not taking a lower level job than UK at this point in his career unless he can take Brad with him. He just isn't.

Well that's probably true. But He's not taking a lower level job than UK at this point in his career unless he can take Brad with him. He just isn't.
I could see him taking a job somewhere to try to set up an opportunity in the future for Brad to replace him when he retires. As much as he has made in his lifetime, I’d take a broadcaster job and buy a mansion on a beach and kick back and relax.

I don’t understand why Cal won’t retire and be a broadcaster. He would be excellent at that.
I can see it now: “yeah Jim in this situation with a few seconds left and one shot, I’d have the point guard dribble the air out of the ball and take an off balance 17 footer to win it”

Or

“You know Villanova needs to get out and run more. The coach needs to tell these guys to goooo and ruuun to get them in gear”

I can see it now: “yeah Jim in this situation with a few seconds left and one shot, I’d have the point guard dribble the air out of the ball and take an off balance 17 footer to win it”

Or

“You know Villanova needs to get out and run more. The coach needs to tell these guys to goooo and ruuun to get them in gear”
lmao 🤣

I could see him taking a job somewhere to try to set up an opportunity in the future for Brad to replace him when he retires. As much as he has made in his lifetime, I’d take a broadcaster job and buy a mansion on a beach and kick back and relax.

Problem is he waited so long he’s now going out on the bottom as a failure. I think that’s the tough pill to swallow. I get it.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
Nepotism? Isn't that doing things to a dead body?

Tom Jurich was the king of nepotism.

...........I see no chance he goes anywhere that he can't hire Brad. Tubby went to Minnesota so he could hire Gigi and eventually Saul I think as they didn't have that rule.

Cross Michigan off the list. SMU? Vandy? Do they have the rule?
Good God all you did was remind me that next year we will not only have that used car salesman windbag on the sidelines, but yo yo Brad sitting on the bench too, ugh.

Every day that passes is one day closer to him coming back to UK. If they let him go, it needs to happen asap.
There would be so many pieces to replace and figure out as far as a new coach, assistants, recruits, transfer portal, and retaining the current roster.
Would we still be a Mamba school? Will Drake still support us? 😀
Fire him today! Let’s move some pieces!

It doesn’t matter cal will get it at UK or elsewhere. He’s not going to retire and he’s not going to sit around when UK fires him. Look for some sort of negotiated buyout that would be an offset to a salary reduction elsewhere. Probably around 12-15 million.
I wonder (if he was let go) if he would take a year off, do TV, recharge and then take a big job again.

I’d hate to have to listen to him.
I’d rather listen to him talk about a random game then talk as a coach of our team. He’s such a smooth talker he has a small portion of our fans buying everything he says. He’s completely baffled them with bullshit. “Ohhhh the young people I gotta make them millionaires it’s more important than winning…. Blah blah blah.” John wall, Shai, Townes, Booker, cousins, etc….. most of his all Americans could have become millionaires playing at Morehead state. The man’s destroying our program but people still buy that horse shit.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT