ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Drennen. . .

Wilson was a pretty good QB out of high school, a four star I believe. Had several good offers and ended up at a school that gives some support for football, Oregon. That happened to get an even better QB in his same class, Herbert, expected to be one of the top QBs in the draft, in a year for great QBs. UK also had some pretty healthy competition for Wilson when he left JC, some top programs.

We now have TWO four stars on our roster next year, Wilson and Beau, and while we will lose Wilson next year we will have a top rated four star transferring in, most think he will be better than a very highly rated Allen, and we still have a couple of other candidates the coaches liked a lot that should be over their injuries and inexperience.

I'm not sure what more anyone should expect from our coaching staff.

3 not 2 4* QB on next years team. You forgot Gatewood. As a UK fan for all my 50 years it’s hard to fathom having 3 4* QB on the roster at the same time. The times they are a changing.

I think He has seen how Bowden was used and he is equal talent. I live up in Mansfield and my 1st cousins keep up with Ohio highschool sports and Recruiting etc... Ajain is their son's my 2nd cuz's best friend and they are saying what they are hearing is Drennan is the best player in state and no doubt best offensive player in state. He is a Bowden/Robinson hybrid. Wr, Wildcat, Slot, RB, Returner etc.. Hell he probably play Linebacker or safety he is that talented.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
You can’t possibly be this obtuse.

tumblr_mo5a0kj7KI1ry46hlo1_500.gif

I would love to have Bowden for one more year running the ball, how can you not like all of the records he just set and only for eight games. It was more than amazing, quite amazing.
I would too. The guy is pretty much unstoppable in a full game situation. I was just saying that I don't think we lose receivers in recruiting because of running the ball so much because all of our QB's after Bowden will be of the more so dual kind of QB that will pass the ball more than Bowden did. They are all half as quick as Bowden and will have to be more balanced on offense.

I really don't care what we do as long as we win. Would love to see Bowden another full year doing what he did but he will be a high draft pick and is doing the right thing.

I think He has seen how Bowden was used and he is equal talent. I live up in Mansfield and my 1st cousins keep up with Ohio highschool sports and Recruiting etc... Ajain is their son's my 2nd cuz's best friend and they are saying what they are hearing is Drennan is the best player in state and no doubt best offensive player in state. He is a Bowden/Robinson hybrid. Wr, Wildcat, Slot, RB, Returner etc.. Hell he probably play Linebacker or safety he is that talented.
Sounds like Drennen would be our wildcat guy among other things. Would fill a need with that type of offensive ability. Our receivers are receivers and our runners are runners, to get that explosive combo guy would make our team that much better.

I'm trying to get up to speed on this kid:

1. When does he commit? Is UK clearly in the lead?
  2. Where does he fit in on the offense? Is he a RB only or more of an all-purpose guy that can split out in the slot?
  3. Does his (hopeful) addition make the backfield a little crowded?
  4. If he does commit, where do we stand on total roster numbers?
FWIW 73% of analysts pick us on his choice.

This coincides with my post about fans of losing teams being programmed to be negative even when fortunes change.

Very true Levi, it’s one thing for the program to be changed around but it’s seems for us it’s hard for the fans to change even with the positives.

Reactions: The-Hack
3 not 2 4* QB on next years team. You forgot Gatewood. As a UK fan for all my 50 years it’s hard to fathom having 3 4* QB on the roster at the same time. The times they are a changing.

I was thinking of players, on the roster yes, playing probably not, we aren't OSU-----yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: TruBluCatFan
What experience will Gatewood have going into '21?
That’s a good point and we’ll likely say the same for Allen, however, they will have both spent 3 yrs in a D1 program at that point. Barring disappointment, do you expect to have a down year for quarterback during that timeframe?

It isn't from a lack of trying. Stoops and staff thought they had Mac Jones and Bama came in at the last minute and snatched him up. They also had Jerren Williams and then they didn't, then they did, then they didn't then they did again and then they didn't. So they are trying but our margin of error on 4 or 5 star recruits is less than Bama, Clemson, LSU, etc.

South Indy, you are a moron my friend. I know exactly what is happening. You apparently haven’t been following this team. Wilson played hurt most of last season and we did not have any quarterbacks after he went down this year. We need a 4-5 star to be our starter and a real capable backup. Hopefully it starts next year.

That’s a good point and we’ll likely say the same for Allen, however, they will have both spent 3 yrs in a D1 program at that point. Barring disappointment, do you expect to have a down year for quarterback during that timeframe?
Allen: 1.5 years.

Just saying Allen will have been in CFB just 1.5 years come '21 season vs. Gatewood's 3 years, not both 3. I think the better passer will be ahead.
I meant at their projected starting points that I posted. I thought you were saying he will start after Terry graduates. I think it’ll go Terry 2020, Gatewood 2021-2022, Allen 2023.

South Indy, you are a moron my friend. I know exactly what is happening. You apparently haven’t been following this team. Wilson played hurt most of last season and we did not have any quarterbacks after he went down this year. We need a 4-5 star to be our starter and a real capable backup. Hopefully it starts next year.
You can call him a moron, but his comment about your post received more than 40 likes.

Also, there have been many 4- and 5- star quarterbacks at Kentucky. Couch, Lorenzen, Woodson, Newton, Towles, Barker, Allen. So if you are hoping recruitment of 4- and 5- star quarterbacks to Kentucky will start next year, that confirms what he said.

Last edited:
The main ohio recruiting analyst (Bill Greene) has had Dreenen to UK for a few months now.
According to Greene Drennen is the closest thing to Bowden can get. Talked like Marrow had out worked all the other coaches from other programs, even when you put all the other coaches together Marrow has out worked them. Big Dawg earning his money then some.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT