ADVERTISEMENT

Miami’s Coach tabs 2 UK bench players NBA ready right now

If Sheppard goes pro after this year, it likely meant that we went to the Final Four.

In that case, I think BBN would be okay with it, but even then, I think he wants to win a title here. He's obviously not your typical Calipari freshman.

He’s not ready to go from a matifoty standpoint. Not a knock on him but let’s let the kid enjoy himself..he’s the perfect college player. And I’m greedy
I think right now he is a great college player. NBA ready, I doubt. He's not very tall, needs more work on defense and I feel would not last in the NBA long at this point. He has terrific NIL potential here and a chance to develop more and be a legend in his own state. Enjoy at least a couple years here then maybe test the draft. But, what do I know?

He’s not ready to go from a maturity standpoint. Not a knock on him but let’s let the kid enjoy himself..he’s the perfect college player. And I’m greedy
If you are talking about Shep, how are you grading his maturity level? From a game perspective, he is the most mature player on the team. You seldom see him doing head shaking things and he seems to bring a sense of calmness to the team just when it is needed.

Reactions: bluesundown
I think right now he is a great college player. NBA ready, I doubt. He's not very tall, needs more work on defense and I feel would not last in the NBA long at this point. He has terrific NIL potential here and a chance to develop more and be a legend in his own state. Enjoy at least a couple years here then maybe test the draft. But, what do I know?
Reed is better right now than half of the players that have declared for the draft since Cal has been here. Used to we use to hear the NBA drafts on potential when we said players needed to stay and then they would declare. If Reed keeps up his current level of play he will be a lottery pick.

If you are talking about Shep, how are you grading his maturity level? From a game perspective, he is the most mature player on the team. You seldom see him doing head shaking things and he seems to bring a sense of calmness to the team just when it is needed.
I’m speaking in generalities. I’m always going to advocate staying in school and improving your game. The NBA is a grind. He can be a great player. The speed of the NBA game worries me but hell if he wants to go then do it. I think he’s highly intelligent and would rely on his parents advice.

Dillingham and Shep.

I wonder how many teams have two NBA ready guards coming off their freakin bench?

Think about it.
Not news... but also unsure that being a first round pick means "NBA Ready"... so many of the draft picks are still based on potential. And a significant number of first rounders don't stick around after their first contract ends.

Reactions: LmdCat
Reed is better right now than half of the players that have declared for the draft since Cal has been here. Used to we use to hear the NBA drafts on potential when we said players needed to stay and then they would declare. If Reed keeps up his current level of play he will be a lottery pick.
Just me, but i think based on where his nil is,and other issues, that RS stays at least next year and possibly his Jr year. But with that said , if he's a guaranteed lottery you've got to go.

Just me, but i think based on where his nil is,and other issues, that RS stays at least next year and possibly his Jr year. But with that said , if he's a guaranteed lottery you've got to go.
Calipari changed his coaching philosophy because of DJ Wagner's father. Calipari pushed him out at Memphis. Wagner's first pro season he played well, but later developed Crohn's Disease -- it hits the young at 17-21 -- and his potential shrank. Had Wagner played his sophomore year at Memphis, he would have missed out on that financial security.

Reed should be starting this team cannot win big ones without himb and why he does start is because everyone in here knows how cal feels about Kentucky kids and the fans

Reactions: LmdCat
I’m speaking in generalities. I’m always going to advocate staying in school and improving your game. The NBA is a grind. He can be a great player. The speed of the NBA game worries me but hell if he wants to go then do it. I think he’s highly intelligent and would rely on his parents advice.
I understand your point. Staying in school use to be the smart choice but not so much now. There is a certain expectation for players at one-and-done university and it isn't hanging around for multiple years. When players hang around multiple years at Kentucky, there is a belief that the player isn't the dude. I just don't know of very many examples of players improving their games at Kentucky.

I am not saying I know either. I can see him possibly staying if he is not a lottery pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT