ADVERTISEMENT

Meta Quest 2 VR

Fast3ddy

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2013
Who all has a meta quest 2? I’ve had one since launch now. Love it. Walk around golf, ping pong, Pop one VR. So many amazing titles and it’s only getting better. What are you guys playing?

Been thinking about grabbing one. Kind of need something new to play and haven't really bought anything for myself lately.

A coworker had the HTC vive way back in like 2017 or whatever and it was pretty amazing. I can't imagine how much more polished it's become, and nee content since then.

Reactions: Fast3ddy
Been thinking about grabbing one. Kind of need something new to play and haven't really bought anything for myself lately.

A coworker had the HTC vive way back in like 2017 or whatever and it was pretty amazing. I can't imagine how much more polished it's become, and nee content since then.
If you don’t have a beast rig and don’t wanna spend 1k on a headset, the quest 2 is the way to go easily!

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Zuck might be having issues in this space.
Between losing billions and now the Sony PSVR2 being out, it’s time to make a change. Quest 3 is rumored to be 2x more powerful than quest 2, half the size, and a bit more expensive. After being on my psvr2 since I got it, it’s gonna be hard to convince me to go back to quest.

Reactions: jameslee32
I thought about getting one before Christmas before seeing that they raised the price by $100 and said I pass. Prices are supposed to drop when electronics are out for a little while and not go up like 33%. I just used my money on something else instead. I might jump back in the VR world (had a Samsung Gear VR) when the technology and pricing improves.

That's when I bought mine.. admittedly dont play it as much as I wanted to. It seems most of the great games do need a PC (like Half Life Alyx).. and it's a lot of wave type shooters. Which are fun, definitely some cool games to play, just a little limited in content. But I bet the next wave of headsets will explode the library of games.

That's when I bought mine.. admittedly dont play it as much as I wanted to. It seems most of the great games do need a PC (like Half Life Alyx).. and it's a lot of wave type shooters. Which are fun, definitely some cool games to play, just a little limited in content. But I bet the next wave of headsets will explode the library of games.
We’ll see. Depends on what meta does since they own a lot of first party developers for VR. Alyx came and changed the game forever, but nobody could keep up. Kind of another issue. But I think psvr2 will hopefully breathe new life into the vr scene.

We’ll see. Depends on what meta does since they own a lot of first party developers for VR. Alyx came and changed the game forever, but nobody could keep up. Kind of another issue. But I think psvr2 will hopefully breathe new life into the vr scene.

I still think a lot of this is such a new frontier for developers. We still don't fully know what we can do with VR as far a gaming. Like for instance, one of the hottest games the last few months is Gorilla Tag (or whatever it's called).. that's it.. a game of tag in VR. Who would have thought that could work, but it did.

I still think a lot of this is such a new frontier for developers. We still don't fully know what we can do with VR as far a gaming. Like for instance, one of the hottest games the last few months is Gorilla Tag (or whatever it's called).. that's it.. a game of tag in VR. Who would have thought that could work, but it did.
Damn children ruining everything us grown ups built over the decades of gaming. And just like that… tag…

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT