ADVERTISEMENT

Message from Cal to "crazy" fans:

This is EXACTLY what it boils down to with Z.

Cal has to give Bradshaw and Edwards the minutes. Even when Adou was struggling last night, Cal didn’t even look Z’s way. I will say that Bradshaw played his best game since the first Florida game and Edwards started hot, but was very pedestrian in the 2nd.

Big Z is the antithesis to what Cal seems to like in a Big. He doesn’t bang down low, he doesn’t post up, and he shoots it great from 3.
Z won't get the experience he needs sitting on the bench. If Cal would just play him limited minutes with specific instructions on what he wants would be better than sitting him the whole game. Let him share minutes at the 4 spot for shooting and rebounding. He could work the 4 spot with Bradshaw or Ugo anchored at the 5 and help with gang rebounding. I can't see any reason for him to sit the entire game other than Cal punishing him for playing better than at least one of other two bigs. Zero minutes is BS and everyone knows it especially considering everything that kid has gone through to become eligible. Cal is a disgusting tyrant. If Cal had any intent to make a deep run into the tournament, he would be developing Z the remaining season. Again, Cal's priorities have nothing to do with what he's being paid to do and what BBN wants to see happen. Oh BTW, what happened to "positionless" basketball?

Sad to bury a talent like that , and yes by all means there is no bigger kiss of death at UK than being a crowd fav and showing up Cal .. as he kinda did against Ga … but I’m done , after 50 years of hard core Cats fan , until Cal is gone , I’m not watching a game
Can you imagine how Z feels ? What was it the great snake oil salesmen said “ can’t take his heart “ or some BS. He’s a liar
😂

Hey Cal, First time caller here .....

suicide squad comics GIF

Sad to bury a talent like that , and yes by all means there is no bigger kiss of death at UK than being a crowd fav and showing up Cal .. as he kinda did against Ga … but I’m done , after 50 years of hard core Cats fan , until Cal is gone , I’m not watching a game
Can you imagine how Z feels ? What was it the great snake oil salesmen said “ can’t take his heart “ or some BS. He’s a liar
Z's experience here:

Recruited by Cal
Arrives on campus
UK admin screws up his paperwork and his testing
He gets food poisoning
He goes back to Croatia
He returns, now the NCAA won't release him
Months go by
The fans get involved, finally he's released to play
He comes in and promptly sets the world on fire in 5 minutes
Gets "sick" again, for 2 weeks allegedly
Suddenly Cal can't find minutes for him despite him outplaying his teammates

And people wonder why we are suspicious. SMH

The OP hates Cal in a big way. All of his posts are geared for one audience, the others that hate Cal. IMO His hate for Cal overshadows his like for UK basketball. Often his posts take a weird, circuitous route all in an effort to say, I hate Cal.
I know he hates Cal and you love him. I gotta check out that group you’re in that you talk about so I can try to understand people on your side of that debate. I don’t understand it at all

• Haha
Reactions: BBUK
I know he hates Cal and you love him. I gotta check out that group you’re in that you talk about so I can try to understand people on your side of that debate. I don’t understand it at all
It is a shame that you can't understand that many fans that are not satisfied with the last couple of years don't have the need to constantly berate players and coaches.

It is a shame that you can't understand that many fans that are not satisfied with the last couple of years don't have the need to constantly berate players and coaches.

Not many players berated...some play or plays may be and that's natural.

Come to think of it not many of the other coaches are berated either, just one in particular...

Well deserved I might add. Hope it gets to him enough where he resigns... I'd take TU as an interim coach immediately with no reservations... I am not normally a betting man but if TU could take control I'd bet a $100.00 he and this team would win a big majority of the time.

Not many players berated...some play or plays may be and that's natural.

Come to think of it not many of the other coaches are berated either, just one in particular...

Well deserved I might add. Hope it gets to him enough where he resigns... I'd take TU as an interim coach immediately with no reservations... I am not normally a betting man but if TU could take control I'd bet a $100.00 he and this team would win a big majority of the time.
I see players taking grief on this board each and every day. Wagner and Edwards get much more than their share. Tyler Ulis may be a very good coach some day.

I see players taking grief on this board each and every day. Wagner and Edwards get much more than their share. Tyler Ulis may be a very good coach some day.

For the amount of posts on this site "daily" the grief is not overwhelming. (At least you didn't say "fair" share.)

Ulis now would be better as a coach than Cal has EVER been. At least his focus is coaching...

For the amount of posts on this site "daily" the grief is not overwhelming. (At least you didn't say "fair" share.)

Ulis now would be better as a coach than Cal has EVER been. At least his focus is coaching...
Yeah, you can’t deny his track record as a head coach. I love Ulis but there are many more guys that I would take right now. 12 or 15 years from now, Ulis may be the guy.

Yeah, you can’t deny his track record as a head coach. I love Ulis but there are many more guys that I would take right now. 12 or 15 years from now, Ulis may be the guy.

I fully understand and agree. I was being slightly obtuse but would not be against him having an interim chance. I just know for sure the heart Ulis has and his passion. Cal has proven his bona fides. I'm with you though but I wouldn't mind Ulis' trajectory to be further to the left of that time frame.

I just see Ulis as someone who'd dive in, forget about everything else opportunity-wise and take the job and the fans and love it/them. In this day and age, wouldn't it be wonderful to see someone like Ulis able to stay in a job the length of time as some of the older "known" coaches who were great did... (Just typing out loud...) Take care and thanks.

Put me on the record as heavy disagree. Bringing all the bigs into the fold jacked up chemistry. Z got screwed by the NCAA and the middle of the SEC schedule is truly a shit time to work your way into a rotation. The offensive skill is obvious, but he really isn’t where he’s supposed to be, ever, on either end of the floor. If he comes in and gives us 5 but gives up 8 on 2 turnovers and being out of position, it doesn’t help if he stroked a 3 and converted on a nice post move. He’s a player that needs a big role, and if he returns he benefits from an off-season with the program, then enters into a system from the beginning where he’s a starter and featured player. Unfortunately, Cal will let him walk and Z will develop through the G League. A team might take a flyer on him at 55-60 pick range.

I do not recall ever hearing Tubby or Rick, with their worst teams, ever bragging about beating Ole Miss. My how the bar has lowered for some.

Reactions: Wally2000
Z's experience here:

Recruited by Cal
Arrives on campus
UK admin screws up his paperwork and his testing
He gets food poisoning
He goes back to Croatia
He returns, now the NCAA won't release him
Months go by
The fans get involved, finally he's released to play
He comes in and promptly sets the world on fire in 5 minutes
Gets "sick" again, for 2 weeks allegedly
Suddenly Cal can't find minutes for him despite him outplaying his teammates

And people wonder why we are suspicious. SMH
Cal said on his call in show like 2 weeks ago he's not playing much. Because hes so far behind.

Calipari is not only a liar, Dan. He's a liar and a coward.

I never talk bad about the players. That’s my point, a select few of the big Cal fans on here just doesn’t make sense to me.

I never talk bad about the players. That’s my point, a select few of the big Cal fans on here just doesn’t make sense to me.
I have always thought of you as a sensible, intelligent poster. Why is it difficult to wrap your head around the fact that many on this board do not like the direction the team is going but hate the direction the board is going. If you have the need for people to only agree with you, you will always be baffled. If you cant see and read the comments made by posters on this board about our players then you have a very selective way of reading the posts. Peace

I have always thought of you as a sensible, intelligent poster. Why is it difficult to wrap your head around the fact that many on this board do not like the direction the team is going but hate the direction the board is going. If you have the need for people to only agree with you, you will always be baffled. If you cant see and read the comments made by posters on this board about our players then you have a very selective way of reading the posts. Peace
I completely ignore posts that bash players majority of the time. I’ve always hated that to be honest. Sorry if I sound mean with what I’m saying to you. I really don’t mean to sound that way.

I believe Cal at times adds fuel to the fire with causing division among our fans. I personally think that’s wrong of him to take shots at fans and to avoid radio shows like he does, including since he has hit some historic lows in our programs history.

I completely ignore posts that bash players majority of the time. I’ve always hated that to be honest. Sorry if I sound mean with what I’m saying to you. I really don’t mean to sound that way.

I believe Cal at times adds fuel to the fire with causing division among our fans. I personally think that’s wrong of him to take shots at fans and to avoid radio shows like he does, including since he has hit some historic lows in our programs history.
Don't apologize to him. He's a card-carrying calboi. Literally his JOB is to defend Cal and attack anyone who questions Cal's divinity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT